Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
ipb

Georgia Peach

you know the smell that wafts up to your nose right after you take a bite of a fresh, big, juicy, ripe, succulent peach? this is that bottled up. yum.

For me, Georgia Peach is peaches in light syrup, straight from the can. Golden, light, and perfectly true peach tones with just the lightest added sweetness.

Another winner from the Single Notes category!

I don't like peaches. Never have; doubful I ever will.

I love this singlenote.

It is all of the wonderful appetizing sweetness of the ripest peach you've ever laid eyes on without the nastiness of having to eat it! Utterly gorgeous.

In bottle: Super-strong, bright peach note. It's almost an artificial note because it's screaming so loud. If it were a color, it'd be an intense bright yellow; nice enough to look at, but not quite right.

On me: Mellows and ripens. When the fragrance has had a chance to warm up, it becomes a fresh peach ripening on the tree in the sun. Absolutely divine!

Gummi candy peach--very strong and sharp and sweet...unfortunately this doesn't smell like the real deal to me...but it is nice.

If you like Georgia Peach SN and Vanilla Bean SN, you'll love Tamora. It's drydown is a perfect amalgam of these two sns :P

What a gorgeous sugary peach smell :P ! Wet it immediately reminded me of peach schapps, but on me it just smells purely peachy.

in the bottle this was fuzzy navel straight up....yummy

as it dried it was not as intense, and became more of a peach smell rather then peach and alcohol :P beautiful

Exactly like the ripest, sweetest, juiciest peach just picked off the tree during the hottest week of summer. I'm so awed and impressed with this scent, and just like I said for D'Anjou Pear, if I wore fruity scents, I'd be all over this one, but as it is, I kept a little bit for sniffing and admiring, and scent the rest off to be loved as much as it deserves.

This smells like freshly picked peaches to me, not the kind you'd find in a can and drenched in sugary syrup. I love it.

My favorite thing about peaches isn't their taste, it's the way the fuzzy skins smell. Sweet but kind of earthy. Georgia Peach captures that scent perfectly. It does remind me of Tamora, which is one of the only fruity perfumes that I've ever loved. I think that I could wear this singlenote by itself as well. Layering it with something else might spoil it.

First sniff: Yessirree, that is by God a peach! It’s a little more restrained than I expected – it’s not hugely fuzzy and juicy. This is what peaches smell like in the grocery store or at the farmers’ market, when you’re sniffing them to test for ripeness.

Wearing: It’s very pretty, very true and very quiet. Though truly, if I want to smell peachy, I think I’d reach for Tamora before this one… I like the extra kick of warmth from the vanilla.

georgiapeach.jpg

Very light, pretty, woody version of peach scent. Not a trace of over-the-top "candy" flavor-smell here. This is more dry than what I am used to and I think it is a supremely sophisticated note.

119602676.jpg

BPAL blends which include Georgia Peach single note as one of it's ingredients:

Fruit Moon

In the bottle

It's better than smelling a real peach from my grocery store that's for sure. This is what it must smell like on the tree.

On

Good Lord. This is fabulous.

It's better than I thought it would be. Hardly sweet at all, it's warmer and less bright than I thought but still juicy and lushious.

30 minutes

What a bonus that this doesn't sink into my skin and disappear. It actually stays smelling like a peach. It doesn't morph in anyway. So smooth.

Throw:

average

Scent category:

Fruity

Summary

It's actually juicy smelling. It's got a bit of I dunno, tree, in it...like a piece of bark or a stem smell that doesn't detract from the peach at all but makes it a very wearable peach on me. Not fake smelling at all and not sweet.

Purchase again?

Yes.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

In Bottle: PEACH!!

On Skin: Super sweet syrupy canned peaches. I love this! It completely reminds me of the Strawberry Shortcake doll Peach Blush. She was one of my favorite dolls! It smells soooooooooooo good. Much sweeter than a fresh peach and a little more artificial. If I could get a bottle of this I would… and maybe mix it with scents to cut the extremeness of it. Maybe mix it with “O” or Milk Moon… yum… Seriuosly, if you have any this you’d be willing to spare, I’m your girl. I only have a few drops of it that I’m going to hold dear to my heart. I must have more!!! :P

Single Note: Georgia Peach - this is a gorgeous scent, and from the first moment the tiniest dab of it touched my skin I could tell it had amazing throw. It’s has a slight bit of “artificial peach” scent to it (think of Nehi peach soda or Jolly Rancher peach candy), but for the most part, it smells like a summertime, fresh, juicy peach and it makes me want cobbler. And I just remembered I saved peaches last summer in the freezer so that on a cold winter day like this, I could have peach cobber with summer peaches! Not only does it have good throw, but it stays for a long time, too. Fabulous.

Origin: partial imp received in a swap

Initial Thoughts: I lean toward floral rather than fruity, but since SNs are so hard to find I wanted to experience it.

In the Bottle: An amazingly fresh, juicy peach!

Wet: Um, wow. What's the opposite of amping? My skin hasn't sucked up the oil by far, but I'm getting almost no scent off my skin. Just the faintest hint of peach.

Drydown: Huh, of all things I'm getting a peach-tinged skin musk. And I have to concentrate to get the peach.

Verdict: Well, it's gorgeous in the bottle and disappears on me.

Imp: Dusty warm peaches. Almost like a peach candle with vanilla.

Wet: More of the same. Juicy and sweet, underneath what seems like a heavy cloud of vanilla.

Dry: Maybe I just don't know Georgia Peaches (different from regular peaches HOW?) but this is almost plasticky. It's like a peach-scented eraser I had as a kid -- nothing at all like the sweet syrupy peach in Jack. Perhaps it's just the aging and that I tested off a testable empty?

Peach notes aren't really my thing. I actually tend to avoid them, but I got a testable empty imp in a mystery imp pack and so I felt obliged to at least test it once. A sweet and succulent peach scent, this is very true, but quickly turns into the artificial peach I always dislike. This is simply not for me.

This one is a very intense syrupy peach when on wet. Very sweet. It almost has a 'plastic' tone to it - but thankfully, that goes away and after an hour, it is this soft peach smell. Like smelling a ripe succulent peach. Mmmm.... Tasty. :P

In the imp: This is the peachiest peach ever! It makes me hungry.

On my skin: Gorgeous and ripe. It goes just a touch plasticy on my as it dries, but it's still lovely.

Peachy peach peach! This is divine, syrupy peach, like and intense peach candy. Love this.