Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Nadirah

Pulse Points

A profoundly erotic, lascivious scent. Black poppy, narcissus and civet.

Out of the bottle I was originally struck with the scent of my grandmas house, I'm not sure why, she did have flowers and cats about. When I put it on it transformed into a really potent aphrodisiac, and a light flowery scent came with it. This is a special occasion scent for sure. Nights when the kids are gone and you have some time with that special somebody.

This is lovely, I will be ordering a big bottle of this. On me, its a really interesting light floral with a musk base that just sort of fuses with my skin and makes me smell the way I would love to smell all the time naturally. I agree that out of the bottle its a bit much and kind of an intense floral, but on the skin the musk comes out and keeps it from being too-too girly. Its really a quietly sexy scent.

You'll laugh, but one of my favorite parts is the faint band-aid smell that disappears in the first five minutes.

Quietly sexy is a good way to describe this one. It's warm, it's soft, it's got a definite "I'm so turned on that mmmmm.... just oozes out of my pores and puts a flush on your cheeks" feel about it.

Remember being in a new relationship, having the glow from the happy vibes? This is the other kind of glow, from having so much incredible sex that you're a walking advertisement for the words languid and completely satisfied.

:P This is one that I wanted to like but unfortunatly Its the worst so far to me. When I read the ingredients, it seemed like something really good. I remember the package it came in, and as soon as I opened the box that Funky band aid smell was taking over, Good thing it was just an imp IT was even more sticky when I opened the vial!! :D I just threw the rest in the trash.

Wet: Very perfumy. Rather heady. I hope I like this one, because the imp spat when I opened it and got my dress and keyboard.

On: It smells like something very expensive and ritzy that my grandmother would wear.

Dry: This one doesn't seem to change much. Not sure if that's a good sign or bad. I imagine that it'd drive guys wild - it's that kind of scent, but it isn't really me.

First whiff: The civet is the most noticable note. I'm not really aware of what narcissus smells like specifically, but I can detect it from the way it's changed the over all mix of black poppy and the civet. This is INEEED a 'heady' scent (as someone else said). For me, it's one of those "sex in a bottle' scents.

On: Ahh... now I notice the black poppy more than the civet. For some reason, my chemistry always seems to bring out the florals, and knock back the herbal. But it's still quite pleasing. Still a little heady for me... not exactly a scent I'd wear to the office, or even during the day. But I can see myself wearing this out to the little local Saki bar I frequent.

An hour later: For some reason, this scent has gone VERY musky on me. It's not floral at all anymore. So odd that it took this turn. Gotta love the mystery of body chemistry. Oh well. I'm actually still enjoying this scent... though I wish the black poppy would have stuck around a little longer.

-Leslie

Band Aids would have been preferable to my first 5 minutes of this scent. I got the distinct scent of driving by farms in Pennsylvania....yes, I mean manure....UGH! Must by my wacked out chemistry though cause no one else has mentioned this. In the next 10 minutes the manure calmed a bit and I smelled Amish (read a person whose been dealing with manure).

In front of the manure smell my body turned this into was a lovely wealthy smelling floral. Too bad I ruined this one....it would have been nice to have a good haughty scent for industry parties hubby drags me to.

Now I just need to figure out which scent my body hates so I can stay away from it.

*opens imp*

*eyes bug out*

*closes imp*

This is the first BPAL scent that I absolutely cannot stand. In the imp, it smells like, yes, pig manure.

Swap pile.

This reminded me of not only band-aids, but Bactine and Off! bug repellent. It immediately took me back to my childhood of suburban summers running around with a pack of other kids after dark. It makes me want to go play kick the can or flashlight tag. Even though I doubt this is what was intended with this scent, I will keep this imp for these memories alone.

This smelled like church, when I was really young. Church smelled like old people's breath.

Ahh, civet. :P I had zero floral smell come out on me, unfortunately.

Whoa. This is hot animal panting musk to me. It reminds me of Fire of Love (musk!), but mostly of Darkness, except with less of the blown-out smoke feel to it. This is definitely what I think body head would smell like. I don't get any floral at all, just dried sweat (a bit more pleasant than that, though).

On wet it was somewhat strong. the narcissus was so in your face. the narcissus, left behind the other notes.

The civet and black poppy was lingering in the background. The narcissus lights up in the drying time and I could smell the other notes trying to move more closely.

This is a unusual scent it is what the name implies, and still the narcissus is leading the pack, nice. :P

In the Bottle: This smells like a perfume that my grandmother used to wear, though I can't remember the name of it. Was it White Diamonds? Is that what it smells like? I'll have to ask her when she comes in for Cass's Birthday party.

On Me: Now I'm almost certain it was White Diamonds, because my kids come home smelling like this when they spend the night. Its very strong, so next time I shouldn't use 3 swipes of the wand. There is another scent there, though I only catch it every once in a while. A darker scent that peeks out, like a stalker peeking into an open window. Maybe that's the black poppy? I'm not sure. It certainly changes the scent though, as more and more of it is beginning to show through. Its changing from White Diamonds to something sinfully erotic, something dark and musky. Almost like the kinky side to White Diamonds. Its like taking a woman into the bedroom expecting her to be demure with you, and then she pulls out the whip and the strap on.

At the same time, I can see why people got an Ass smell to this one. Its not as bad as Debauchery (which was a scat smell in the making) but the potential is there, and the more darker this one gets, the more like ass it smells. Its teetering on the edge of sex and ass right now and I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't tip over.

:Holds wrists away from her face: Damnit! It tipped! UGH! Well, this just goes to show you, White Diamonds smells like ass.

Off to the swaps you wretched thing! :P

I ordered this on my quest to find a signature sexy scent. This is the second (out of many) BPAL imps that I have had to wash off right away. The other one was Debauchery, and these are very similar, only this is more band-aidy and Debauchery was more opium-dennish.

I couldn't smell the narcissus or poppy at all. I should have looked up civet before ordering!

:P

In bottle: Ick. The civet is strong in this. Oddly enough, the scent smells hollow. There's a rich intial whiff but the scent suddenly fades to next to nothing. It is very hard to explain.

On me: Did someone say band-aid? That's what I'm getting from this, wet plastic band-aid. Fades down to musk and poppies, which is nothing special on my skin.

Bottle (Imp): Oh, I really like this. NO clue what's in it.

Just On: Still, no idea what is in this, but it's very attractive. Wood maybe?

An hour or two later: I can smell some sweetness, maybe a sweet flower of some kind?

Around 6 hours: It's a little sweeter now, and fading down a fair amount.

12 hours: It went away a couple hours ago, but I enjoyed it while it was here.

Overall: This was such a pleasant frimp in a swap, and I'm so so happy that I got to try it. It isn't one that leapt into my top ten right away, but I imagine that it might creep up there slowly.

After reading other reviews: Well, it's good to know that civet CAN work on me! And apparently the worse others get from civet, the better it works on me, because this seems like one that a lot of folks can't use at all, and yet it was gorgeous on me. What a lovely thing to find out, as I was rather frightened of civet in other things, but apparently it does work in some cases on me. Yes!!

Pulse Points

Yikes. New toy plastic. Pulse Points is a very dry scent. There’s not a lot of depth to it at all – just a harsh plastic scent. This doesn’t change on my skin at all, and I really don’t like it. It’s very strong and it has staying power, but I do not like it at all.

In the imp it smells very floral and heady. Ten minutes later on my skin it is still very floral and heady. Very powdery background to it, I can smell a little musk from it, but the narcissus is just too much for me. I wish the civet would come out more because it normally works so well on my skin. Oh well.

Imp: Can't tell, really. I spilled some jack on the label of this one, so I get a lot of jack, and then a bit of a musky earthy floral.

Wet: Strong cat-pee floral. Ew.

Drying: The cat-pee gets less invasive. This is strong with great throw, but the combo just doesn't do it for me. It's very heady (poppy?) and perfume-y, and a little powdery-- and taking over. I need a bit more subtlety. I also don't think I'm a huge civet fan. Too feral for me.

After a while, it does calm down into a perfume-y heady floral, with a feral edge. Much more stomach-able at this point, but still totally not something I would wear.

Overall: I have feeling this one would last an amazingly long time, but I can't leave it on.. It's just too feral, overpowering and mature for me.

I really like civet, but I only smell the civet for the first few seconds after I apply Pulse Points... then it morphs into a heady floral blend that reminds me of hotel soaps. In the drydown, this smells like a dirty ash tray and bandaids on me :P

This blend really makes me nauseous.

This is dark and musky. This is the first scent where I can say "hrm....civet"

Civet isn't bad on me. I don't get the bandaids or manure. This is a dark, musky, heady, perfumy scent.

Its very strongly perfumy and reminds me of some commercial perfume I've smelled before, but can't remember what

First sniff: Knowing Pulse Points has civet, I approached with caution. But it’s pretty mellow – more of a soft dark musk scent, with more dark softness on top.

Wearing: I’m actually not getting much of an impression, which is a very odd way for civet to behave on me. Just a close, heavy darkness.

Yikes. Sometimes the civet is on the verge of smelling wrong and gives it a nice kick. And sometimes the civet's way too strong and it smells really wrong. I don't think I'm going to take my chances on this as a regular perfume.

129035132.jpg

In the bottle

I've been wanting to try Pulse Points for a long time but am I also proceeding with caution as I should not like this by past experiences with both civet and narcissus.

On

Go figure, it's better than I thought it would be. It is a wee bit piercing and heady but nothing heinous imo. I think Queen and Van Van were actually more morhp-y on my skin than Pulse Points is currently. Narcissus was so piercing on my skin and this is actually more rounded than the sn was on me. There is no sweetness to this blend at all and it is as perfume'y as previous posts say. I do sort of smell that grandmotherly old time-y "smells like Grandma sofa's" smell. This really reminds me of lush's Ginger. I don't know why because Lush "Ginger" perfume has rose and ginger but it smells the same, it really does.

30 minutes

It doesn't morph at all. It's still quite civet-y and strongly floral but there's definitely something to this blend that makes me sniff it more times than I'd care to admit.

It smells better on me and more soft and feminine (albeit still perfumey) after about 30 minutes. It's kinda nice at this point actually. Have I lost my marbles?

Throw:

A bit yes.

Scent category:

Floral/Animalistic

Summary

OMG, I like this.

Purchase again?

No. Certainly not. Okay maybe. I can't believe a blend with civet is reeling me in this way.

1-5 rating (5 being best)