Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Ruby Chocolate, Marshmallow, and Rose Petals

mmmmm, yes. So I now know I love the Lab's Ruby Chocolate note. I love Millennial Pink (which has Ruby Chocolate as a main component) and this is like a cousin to it. Where Millennial has the blend of white musk, this has the creamy marshmallow and rose petals. The rose petals are indeed fresh-cut-in-water smelling, but they're never overpowering. It's a gorgeous blend and if you like Millennial Pink (or Ruby Chocolate) this is a must-try.

It smells like raspberries and cake batter, holy shit :wub:

ETA: Rose petals come out later, they're pink and sugary smelling. I was so excited about the raspberry cake batter that it skipped my mind. The rose makes it even more luxurious.

ETA again: It is VERY strong and lasts for a very long time.

Perfect scent (unless you think it's too sweet, which is extremely possible)

Edited by Laughing Seagull

Foodie raspberry, rose, and chocolate scent. The ruby chocolate is the strongest note, but it smells like raspberry far more than chocolate. I think the rose note is adding to the berry quality of the scent, making it more raspberry and jammy than floral. I don't get the marshmallow, but there is a sweet chocolate roundness to the scent, which is more on the sweet milk chocolate side. Overall, this reminds me more of a raspberry creme dessert with rose petals and chocolate shavings. 

I get raspberry marshmallow with hints of rose in the background. The rose peeks out behind the marshmallow after the scent has settled but the marshmallow and ruby chocolate are the dominant notes for me throughout. The ruby chocolate smells like berry or raspberry chocolate. 

Edited by becca_s

This features the same ruby chocolate note found in Millennial Pink, which smells like raspberry Mamba candy to me. It's backed by the rose, which does gain prominence over time, but the raspberry that represents the ruby chocolate is always pretty strong on me. The marshmallow is not distinct to my nose, but I'm sure it's there, adding some sweetness to the scent. It's like a fruity floral version of Millennial Pink, with rose instead of musk.

I think this is lovely, but I'm going to have to deathmatch this with both Millennial Pink (which I think I prefer it over based off memory) and Astrid's Raspberry & Rose Biscuits (which I love and has gotten a lot of wear from me as of late) before deciding whether I need more than my decant.