Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An ode to the BPAL bat: lavender-dusted auburn fur, a drop of hops, Roman chamomile, hay absolute, ambrette seed, and sun-warmed leather.

Very cozy, even fuzzy lavender cradled in warm leather, with a little extra herbaceousness from the chamomile and hay. I put this on after Halloween night revelry, and it was a lovely way to unwind while still keeping it just a little spooky. Definitely for lavender lovers, and if you aren't a huge leather person, this isn't a bold, brash leather. It's gentle.

Sleepy Bat lands with a burst of lavender and hops, along with a huge blast of leather. The leather in this is not well-worn and is a really loud black leather, and sadly, it's not a variety I love. It eventually overwhelms the soporific lavender and hops and is the dominant note for a long time, until the chamomile and hay-infused musky ambrette fur emerges and eventually takes over, leaving behind only a hint of leather. I'm not sure if there's brown musk here along with the ambrette, but it does settle into a warm, brown scent by the end of the day.

I'm going to let this settle for a few weeks and come back to it. I really enjoy the lavender and hops in the opening, but that leather is a little too much for me -- and while the musky final drydown of the scent is comforting, I really wish the lavender had decided to stick around.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Oh this is so utterly perfect, I don't know what else to say. It's gorgeous, suede-soft, lavender-chamomile misted leatherrr. I am convinced I can smell the sunshine in this, and there's a slight sweetness to it! :wub3:

The lavender here is airy and cool, just slightly herbal, and also creamy and delicately sweet.  It develops an undertone of powder as it dries down and has creamy vanilla facets to it that are really lovely. 
The leather is very soft, smooth, and suede-like. 
The chamomile gives it more of an aromatherapy impression and smells like a cup of warm chamomile tea. 
Sleepy lavender, chamomile tea, and suede. 
After about an hour, I can pick out more of the warm, musky, powdery, animalic tones from the ambrette and fur. 
A beautiful, cuddly, night time scent to me.

Sleepy Bat is your perfect lavender scent for the Halloween season. It perfectly evokes the adorable photo on the label, combining restful lavender with soft wing leather and a melange of gentle, powdery golden notes. I can’t pick out the individual notes other than lavender and leather, but they meld together beautifully. 

This would be a lovely sleep blend but also a cozy peaceful scent for any day you are feeling stressed or anxious.

Fuzzy and comforting, but oh so very fleeting. The lavender is my favorite type, almost astringent; it burns off pretty quickly and then it's a lovely fur, ambrette seed, and brown leather. I kept sniffing my wrists while grocery shopping and sighing happily to myself. It's about 4 hours later and it's entirely gone. A lovely weekend scent, made for fluffy socks and coffee.

this opens with an herbal lavender shortly followed by some hay and ambrette, warming things up a bit. the leather comes out later. lavender/leather are then the most prominent notes. the leather here is definitely a soft brown leather. a cozy, soft comforting scent. the hay also starts to dominate along with the other notes deeper into the drydown, cozying things up even more.

Edited by theseagrows

In the decant, this is all polished black leather. Once it's on, it leads with a huge blast of herbaceous lavender that drowns out the leather, which is warmed up by the hay and ambrette as it dries down. Overall impression is a soft and cozy scent, leading with lavender, hay, and musky ambrette backed by leather in the background.

Blast of leather and lavender- it’ll clear your sinuses thats for sure! This actually ends up being a gorgeous creamy lavender-hops scent. I smell something deep down thats almost…. blanket-y. like putting on a warm sweater after your boyfriend wore it under a leather jacket after he got a massage from one of those fancy-med spas where they rub you down with lavender oil. Safety in a bottle. My boyfriend loved it but its not something I see myself wearing enough to justify hanging onto my fullsize bottle, so i had to pass it along to someone else ;(  i’ll probably hunt down a decant or something 

Edited by Weirdgirlpilled