Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

Pink Moon 2023

This Lunar blend is soft with phlox, pink freesia, stargazer lily, tulip, daffodil, pink columbine,

delphinium, pink carnation, peony, and muscari, dusted with pink sugar and honey,

bourbon vanilla and a touch of the first strawberries of the season.

This year's pink moon turned out to be such a delight! In the bottle and wet on the skin, it is mostly just strawberry. As it dries down, the florals and vanilla become apparent. I was concerned it might be TOO sweet, but it is in fact just the right amount of sugar. Overall, a lovely and refreshing summer berry scent. Oddly, there was something in the way it smelled on me when dry that reminded me of Morana - in spite of Pink Moon and Morana having NO notes in common. Skin chemistry is mysterious.

This smells pink. I'm not even a synesthesia person and the best descriptor I can give to accurately describe this scent is PINK. I'm not super familiar with all the flowers listed, although I can definitely pick out daffodil, lily, and pink carnation. The pink sugar and bourbon vanilla are the next most dominant scents, and then there's just a tiny bit of strawberry peeking in and out. So yeah, pink sugar vanilla with sweet florals and a hint of strawberry. This is the most "me" scent I've smelled from the Lab yet, absolutely 10/10--I'm in love.

On me I get a fresh strawberry scent with a hint of vanilla and sugar. I also get pink floral notes, I can pick out the carnation and tulip notes and also the pink peony in the background. The Pink Moon from 2012 was one of my favorites, that one had white chocolate instead of strawberry. I think I like the strawberry version just as much, the strawberry note isn't too sweet or overpowering and blends really well with the other notes.

I grabbed a decant of this to compare with Pink Moon 2019 (which I own a bottle of), since the note list for this one is a little different.

Without deathmatching the two, I could tell as soon as I applied this that this is really different. It is way more strawberry-heavy than the 2019 version of Pink Moon, almost like a Strawberry Moon-touched Pink Moon. This is more fruity floral than that version, and it's also sweeter than that one. And somehow pinker?

I still plan to deathmatch the two and will update my review when I do, but at the moment, I think I may prefer this version to 2019's.

When I first put this on I was immediately reminded of the scented markers we used when I was a kid, and I don't think there was a pink one, but I could be wrong. Makes me wonder what they used to scent those. Anyway echoing the other reviewers: Pink Moon smells PINK. The initial suggestion of fake pink disappears in a gorgeous burst of floral. You can tell it's been sweetened but it's not a big ol sugarbomb. Smells like what a stargazer lily petal looks like. I don't get a ton of berry but I think it's just the right amount. 

The 2023 isn't my favorite version of Pink Moon.  I find this one to be less complex than the others and it has low throw and fades quickly on me.  It's a sweet strawberry and something sharply musky on my skin (perhaps a floral note going department store levels of perfumey).  The strawberry isn't realistic/fresh to me, but something more distinctly artificial and sweet, yet not quite reminding me of candy either.  I wish that the carnation and vanilla showed up on me, but they don't, and I was hoping for something cotton candied and intense from the pink sugar, but it doesn't go that way either.  Light, artificial, musky-floral and strawberry.

I was a little nervous RE the tulip and daffodil notes as they can go pooey on me, but I'm SO glad I got this.  Starts out sweet but dries down to a sort of light pink floral musk with notes of strawberry bubblegum.  Dries down to stay very close to the skin, which is great because if you wear it on a grossly hot day out (like I just did) you won't be "that person" amping perfume all over the room.  Shockingly, though, it did last a LONG time after drydown even after I sprinted 10 blocks each way in humid, pre-thunderstorm 98-degree NYC weather.  Sooo nice.