Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Drag is for Everyone

Like Tom and Galen reported in 15 mins of fume: This. Is. Gorgeous. It’s straight from the mail box but I’m getting a bright and sugared vanilla, smoothed out and grounded by the frankincense. It is an entirely new experience from the last edition (which I also like), so I’m glad I got the pair. 

I've been enjoying this ever since it arrived. It's of course similar to Like a Girl, but more bright and sugared. To me, it smells like creamy soft vanilla with a hefty dose of sugar and pine-y frankincense. Very unisex/genderfluid, IMO. It makes me feel confident and pretty, and it lasts a long time. 

This is reminding me SO MUCH of a BPAL that I can’t put my finger on… one of the animals (Longhorn? Armadillo?)? Or On Imagination before it went funky on me??

I don’t smell any similarities with Like A Girl, which is one of my all time favorites, despite the shared notes. 

In any case, this is beautiful and I can’t stop sniffing myself.

It’s musk-forward. Like the dreamworld version of the armpit or crotch of someone I have a deep crush on. Or my skin but butter. 

The sugar is airy, almost fizzy, which could be a frankincense influence. There’s also something peppery, especially in the wet stage. 

Throw is low- will slather in my cleavage so I can use my shirt to waft it at myself. 

This would make a great layering and/or sleep scent. 

ETA: I tested Like a Girl and Drag is for Everyone simultaneously, and they are nothing alike. 

The phrase that keeps coming to mind when I sniff DifE on my skin is "peppery butter."

Edited by Estamets

Oh no, this is the prettiest frankincense I've ever smelled! Love how it's working with the vanilla skin musk. Softly sweet, simple, perfect.

Wet: Oooo, the bourbon vanilla skin musk smells DELICIOUS. 

Dry: The addition of sugar to this version of DIFE makes this smell better on me than the previous one; it's sugary vanilla skin musk with a little bit of bourbon. Really good.

I’ve had this for a while and am finally getting around to write a review. I love this! It’s one of my favorites from all of 2023! It’s so unbelievable wearable (which I suppose was the whole point!)

It’s just a beautiful and soft vanilla that’s deepened by frank and sweetened by sugar. There’s a slight lemony note that often comes along with frank, as well as a nice and subtly pepper bite. The skin musk is either super well blended, to where I can’t pinpoint it on my skin. OR I need to reacquaint myself with the skin musk note. Both are totally plausible.

I don’t layer scents often, but I have with DIFE a few times and it plays nice with others! On top of all that, almost every time I wear it, I get complimented on how nice it smells. Couldn’t recommend it enough!

When I first got this I wore it a few times and really enjoyed it but then it kept getting skipped over for some of my favorites. When deciding what to wear I’d open the bottle, sniff, and pick something else because it just wasn’t calling to me. Tonight I put it on again despite being a bit meh when I sniffed the bottle again and I love it! I think it might be one of those that doesn’t smell like something I’m super into in the bottle but then blooms into something gorgeous when it’s on my skin. I have to remember this in the future so it gets some much deserved love. It’s rich, creamy vanilla and musk and super comforting. I don’t get lemon but I do get something that reminds me of the feel/essence of lemon. 

Estamets nailed it: peppery butter.

I was looking forward to a good frankincense but I think the skin musk is doing something bizarre with it. The vanilla is nice but the sweetness is strange and works against the frankinmusk. It smells nice, I guess? Just disjointed. I've had this for quite a while and finally felt it had rested enough to try. If you're looking for a true frankincense experience, look elsewhere. 

This is surprisingly foody on my skin. I'm getting a pillow-y soft French pastry filled with vanilla cream and dusted with lots of powdered sugar. It reminds me a bit of a simplified Midway. The frankincense is truly quite sheer and I wouldn't know that it's a note if it wasn't listed. I think I'll try this layered with Hope and Fear Set Free or Mummies of Mexico City - something very resin-forward and not as sugary, to balance it them out a bit and bring this into more gourmand territory rather than foody.

I like this a lot for its layering possibilities! It's also gentle and approachable and pleasant alone - something I might wear when I hang out with little kids, perhaps (I need to compensate for my resting-serious-face somehow). I feel like my young nephews/nieces would like smelling this.