Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The stage is set for battle! A twist of wool, a rustle of silk, and a hint of cream.

Testing this out today and I'm really enjoying it! Definitely getting the wool note that I love from the Lab, and there's something sweet backing it up. Is it the silk? It smells floral-sweet, like if honeysuckle was a fabric. I don't notice the cream on my skin, but there is something grounding the other notes that I can't pick out, so that's probably it. 

10/10, very simple but so pretty and delicate. 

Definitely get that floral-sweet vibe. On me this starts breezy, not full on clean laundry breezy, but florals on the breeze. As it dries I get more wool, it gets more snuggly. The silk gets less distinctly floral. I can't pull out the cream specifically but I think it's helping blend the edges of the silk notes and the wool. 

A Girl Knitting smells milky and fruity, except not fruit, but milk that once held fruit. And not exactly real fruit, but Saturday morning cereal fruit-shaped puffed grains and marshmallows. There's also a textural element; it smells of rustic textiles, musky, warm fleece with tiny flecks of twig and vegetal detritus not entirely combed out, a fuzzy, wooly strand of yarn spun straight from a freshly shorn sheep, knit with clacking wooden needles into a bulky beanie to keep your ears warm while you slurp your sweet, creamy fruity cereal milk.

In the decant- fruity! Not sure what kind but that fruity zebra gum that you’ve chewed the life out of comes to mind. I am sad to report I’m getting that fresh laundry vibe that tickles my nose, once applied. Sadly not a winner for my skin chemistry but it’s got promise to be pretty on others. 

The opening was a bit brasher than I was prepared to handle (not sure why as the word 'battle' is in the description.) I compared it to a white tea scent or something herbal. 

I was worried about the wool and silk because fabric type scents tend to smell too dry or powdery or soapy for me, but I'm buying all of the cat blends (and all of the ones that I've tried so far have been incredible).  A Girl Knitting is another winner for me.  The drydown reminds me of a slightly more grownup Boo, like it's slightly less sweet, but still lots of chilled sweet cream and breezy fabric, and the cream takes on a hint of a caramelized edge after about an hour and it's just so good.  The fabrics are like clean sheets hung out to dry after the wash, like they're clean and brightly refreshing, but not overwhelmingly soapy.  It's the sort of scent that's snuggly and I want to bury my face into it.  I'm glad that the hint of cream really amps up on my skin because it's wonderful.

I agree with the first few reviews. It leans on a floral-sweet note initially. It's simple and delicate, yet very well balanced. As it warms up, I agree with Little Bird above.

The fabrics are like clean sheets hung out to dry after the wash, like they're clean and brightly refreshing, but not overwhelmingly soapy. 

Not a keeper for me, but I know those folks excited about wool notes will love this.

On me this starts out with a very strong Wool note, that fades into a softer, creamy silk scent. The cream note is one my favorite notes. I like the second stage of this one alot, in the first stage the wool comes on a bit strong and clean smelling for me but it does fade. When this dries down to the cream and silk notes it is lovely. 

A Girl Knitting starts with a floral/fruity-tinged fabric, a clean fabric. Almost grape-y. It’s definitely conjuring laundry in the sunny breeze sensations. The clean fabric claims dominance over the tinges of colored sweetness.

It’s not my favorite iteration of the note… 

I really love the more Autumn-esque combos like October 32 and A Cozy Sweater & An Apple Cider. I’ll probably use up my decant for a bedtime scent. Need to try a lavender version…

Edited by artisjok