wrist-sniffing wench

• Members
  • 37 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • United States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

[No additional description provided.]

First ahhh I tested the bottle straight from the mail because I couldn't wait haha.

In the bottle, it smells like mango syrup, like melted gummy candy. Wet and initial dry down is more of the same. And then! It becomes a little green and less candy like, such as when you eat a mango and you eat the flesh that's closer to the skin. It is now a very ripe mango, perhaps overripe, and it takes on a creaminess that reminds me of...sunscreen? (For whatever reason, this scent reminds me of Disney World, Animal Kingdom in particular.) A few minutes later, no more candy; it smells as if I have my nose to the skin of an overripe mango. I'm pretty happy that I got the bottle.

I found this to have fairly decent throw as I only applied the tiniest dab to my wrist and I was getting whiffs of it as I went about the house doing things.

I don't find this to be foodie at all. At the end of the day, it's a bit floral/perfume-y on me.

#2 sailthetethys

sailthetethys

lil stinker

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Dog
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

That first review is spot on. First impression smelled like what mango candy tastes like: not really mango but more of a super sweet interpretation of mango (think watermelon jolly ranchers vs actual watermelon). Then a sharp, not-quite-ripe piney mango. And now it's creamy mango sunscreen and yeah, Animal Kingdom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is really yummy and has a lot going on for a single note. Definitely has a floral aspect to it. I don't know that I'd layer this one; it's complex enough to wear on its own.

Edited by sailthetethys, 14 July 2017 - 04:54 AM.

#3 VioletChaos

VioletChaos

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 2,826 posts
  • Mood:Wistful
  • SotD:Mrs Valentine
  • Rat
  • Capricorn
  • United States

Posted 29 July 2017 - 09:19 PM

In the Bottle: Yummy, juicy mango pulp. Like the kind you can get from Indian grocers that come in, like, a gallon-sized can that you open and make delicious lassi drinks out of. Nomnomnom

Wet On Skin: Wow. That's amazing. It's morphed a bit, and there's a decidedly "green" undernote to the scent, which is pretty unexpected, especially being a single note. It's working, though, adding some complexity to the scent.

Dry Down: Yeah, I don't know the how or why, but both my partner and I also concur with the Disney Animal Kingdom thing. It *does* also smell like yummy tropical sunscreen and *also* like maybe a tropical gummy candy. I don't know what kind of layering I might do with this scent, but it's certainly a pleasant enough smell on its own.

#4 murflegirl

murflegirl

casual sniffer

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Mood:HONEY
  • SotD:Dragon's Heart
  • Tiger
  • Scorpio
  • United States

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

I'd agree with the reviews above, in the bottle it's a juicy, sweet mango, almost over-sweet, kind of like mango candies. On my skin, this green note comes out and the sweetness of the mango candy smell goes down a couple notches. On dry down, this smells like a mango sunscreen - and I'm totally okay with it because I love the smell of sunscreen. It's not a bad sunscreen smell at all. Like a tropical mango candy with like a sunscreen after tone to it. 

#5 zankoku_zen

zankoku_zen

The MacGyver of BPAL

• Members
  • 12,956 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:18 AM

Bright juicy mango candy. In some instances it kind of reminds me to mango pudding. If you like sweet blends and have been craving a mango blend, give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

#6 Deceitfuldescender

Deceitfuldescender

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • SotD:None D:
  • Ox
  • Cancer
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 25 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Surprisingly wearable form of mango, sweet but not cloying. Almost floral, edge of almost perfumey.
Very good, definite keeper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users