wrist-sniffing wench

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • United States

Posted 13 July 2017 - 03:41 AM

[No additional description provided.]

First ahhh I tested the bottle straight from the mail because I couldn't wait haha.

In the bottle, it smells like mango syrup, like melted gummy candy. Wet and initial dry down is more of the same. And then! It becomes a little green and less candy like, such as when you eat a mango and you eat the flesh that's closer to the skin. It is now a very ripe mango, perhaps overripe, and it takes on a creaminess that reminds me of...sunscreen? (For whatever reason, this scent reminds me of Disney World, Animal Kingdom in particular.) A few minutes later, no more candy; it smells as if I have my nose to the skin of an overripe mango. I'm pretty happy that I got the bottle.

I found this to have fairly decent throw as I only applied the tiniest dab to my wrist and I was getting whiffs of it as I went about the house doing things.

I don't find this to be foodie at all. At the end of the day, it's a bit floral/perfume-y on me.

#2 sailthetethys

sailthetethys

lil stinker

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • Dog
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 14 July 2017 - 04:53 AM

That first review is spot on. First impression smelled like what mango candy tastes like: not really mango but more of a super sweet interpretation of mango (think watermelon jolly ranchers vs actual watermelon). Then a sharp, not-quite-ripe piney mango. And now it's creamy mango sunscreen and yeah, Animal Kingdom ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is really yummy and has a lot going on for a single note. Definitely has a floral aspect to it. I don't know that I'd layer this one; it's complex enough to wear on its own.

Edited by sailthetethys, 14 July 2017 - 04:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users