Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
VioletChaos

Whoopie Cushion

Raspberry pulp with orange blossom, patchouli, and a pfffffft of red musk.

First, the illustration is GREAT! Really love the kitchy comic book art style, very Johnson and Smith Catalogue- so perfect!!!

In The Bottle: Very candy-like raspberry. This isn't juicy, this is a sugary fruit for sure.

Wet On Skin: The patchouli is showing up a little and appears to be the "red" variety, expect no "dirty" hippy patch, that's not what's happening here.

Dry Down: Okay, dry down changes this a bit. The raspberry has lost some of it's sugar, and I think the emerging orange blossom is helping the cause. This is still a very bright, sweet fruity scent, which is what I was hoping for- something to herald in springtime, and the scent does not disappoint in that regard. It's definitely foodie, but not gourmand. This is a scent for daytime, and those of you with little ones, this is a fragrance you can absolutely share with them. :)

I wore a raspberry patchouli oil in the 90s and have had a special love of the notes together since. It's such a delicious and sexy combo!

Right out of the bottle this is more red musk than I expected, but that's ok. The raspberry note is jammy, and gives more fruitiness to the musk. The orange blossom adds that fresh, white floral lift on the top, which keeps the blend from being very sweet. The patch is very woody on the drydown. This is a fun scent, but not too silly. It's like a Mme Moriarty light...perfect for me on these early spring days.

I'm so glad this doesn't smell like an actual whoopie cushion! LOL!

Wet: raspberry jam and patchouli. I would not ever think to put these together.

Drydown: sweet orange is coming out now. Such a happy scent. Going more orange and patchouli now.

Dry: raspberry sweetness is calmed down. Kinda reminds me of Jolly Rancher candy at this point. A grownup Jolly Rancher, I think the patchouli makes it feel more adult.

I'm still a fan of mixing this with Chattering Teeth. If you can manage to get a decant of both, give it a shot.

Edited by Carrie

I actually kinda love this

When I fist put it on I get a boatload of raspberry with some patchouli and red musk

The red musk burns off pretty quickly, or maybe blends so well with the raspberry that I can't pick it out anymore

The raspberry is sweet and tart, "pulp" is a good description of it and it does remind me a little of Jolly Ranchers candy

It stays raspberry dominant the whole time with patchouli as a support, like others I do find the the orange blossom starts to show up in the dry down

This is also supper strong on me, I put the littlest bit on and it over powered everything else I was testing, it projects well

It smells fun, like an expensive kids perfume (boyfriends words) and I feel like I will reach for it often this summer

This was too weird of a scent combo not to try. I only got a decant, but I really think I'm gonna need an entire bottle of this!

Straight from the decant bottle I got fresh bright raspberries and nothing else (which is lovely enough on it's own).

On my wrists for the first few minutes I get the fresh bright raspberries, but on the dry down the patchouli comes out with just the slightest tinge of orange blossom. I don't get any musk, which is a-ok with me - the sweetness of the raspberries and the earthiness of the patchouli are balancing each other so beautifully!

This is a lot more complex and "grown up" than what I was expecting, and I love it!!

This one was some serious throw, and while I barely even touched my wrist it still seems like I put on too much! Regardless, I rather like this. The raspberry is somewhere in between a hard candy raspberry and a freeze-dried raspberry--very tart, but there's some sweetness too. The patch in this makes it smell expensive; it's not the same patch as in Fake News, but reminds me heavily of the one in Miss Dior! For once the orange blossom is more of a background player to the other two notes, adding a little bit of a sweet cream/honey kind of tone. I'll definitely be getting more of this.

Raspberry, orange blossom, brushed with red musk. This one is a sexy raspberry blend. Medium throw and wear length.

I was excited for this, because I love all of these notes and thought they'd be great together. I can even pick out each listed note - a good dose of earthy, chewy, slightly dry patchouli, sweet raspberry, creamy orange blossom, and warm red musk. I just don't really like them together. I rarely like fruitchoulis, and there's something off putting about this one to me as well. The candy-sweet fruit notes and the dry patchouli just don't do it for me, and they're strangely warm smelling from the red musk, in a way that just churns my stomach. My man sniffed this one and said it reminded him of cough syrup. Not a favorite for me.

Unfortunately, this takes me back to the time when I drank WAY too many vodka cranberry orange juice drinks and found myself hurling the night away. There's a twist of an acidic note that keeps this going like the warm, fruity quiff it is. Also, even though I put a tiny dab on, it seemed to expand and grow into a mess of notes and cloying, musky warmth. It's got some serious throw and even after several hours, the tangy mess was still hanging around, making me feel ultimately nauseous. I'm sure this would be glorious, fruity red musk patch on most, but something about it sucker-punched my scent memories in the gut.

Edited by Jenjin

At first I was a bit disappointed with Whoopie Cushion - I was hoping that it would be a raspberry version of Mme. Moriarty, but the overall vibe is different and I found the raspberry overpowering and a bit screechy the first couple of times I tested it.But now that it has had time to settle and age just a few months, and now that the weather has warmed up where I live, I've changed my tune and can appreciate it on its own merits.

It is still very much a raspberry scent through all of its phases, but the orange blossom sweetens it up and the patchouli and red musk ground it. It is still very light and doesn't have the dark sexiness of Madame, but that's OK. It is a very nice light non-foodie fruit scent for the summer. And I suspect it will get even better with age.

And the label art is awesome.

Edited by joopjoop

Wet: This smells like a popsicle! Or raspberry candy. After you've dropped it in the dirt. Mostly sickly sweet and fake-fruity, but also just a bit earthy and gritty. Smells like disappointment, lol. I kinda like it!

Dry: Lovely and fruity and just a hint dirty (in a good way!). I do like it. Doubt I would wear it, as the fruit does lend a little bit plastic on me (not unusual). It's a neat scent though, and really glad I got to try it!

Whoopie Cushion reminded me a lot of Akuma, which I haven't smelled for a while because I traded it away. It was a near miss on me. I was hoping the patchouli and red musk would keep it from being too cloyingly sweet, and the red musk did behave and not take over as it usually does, but the raspberry is just too much for me. As LizziesLuck says, sickly sweet. I'll pass this one on.