Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Redoul honey.

I'm so glad I ordered Redoul Honey!!! Wikipedia states Coriaria myrtifolia, called in English redoul, is a shrub to 2–3 m tall. Myrtifolia means myrtle-like leaves. The fruit is a fleshy black berry achene slightly similar to a blackberry but toxic.

I love blackberry scents! Upon sniffing the bottle, I got blackberry right away. And that's what I smell on my skin too. I don't smell honey but maybe it's there.

Straight up blackberry on me. Love it!!! :joy:
~

I get a tart fruitiness from this and very new, fresh honey. I wouldn't have pegged the fruit as blackberry at first; it was almost...green? Herbal? Something...but as it dries it's definitely fruity! A little too sweet/sour for me though.

Sweet sweetness!

This is all berries and honey on me. Very sweet with a strong throw. A little of this goes a long way. :yum:

Blackberries and honey. Although I have to say its more like a blackberry leaf and honey. I sort of really like this but wonder if I can pull off the sweetness of the honey.

I do love me some blackberries though...

Redoul Honey - Juicy blackberries, a bit of bright greenery, and sweet honey. As it dries down, I smell a hint of something spicy, too. And amazingly, the blackberry does not take on the scent of cat pee on my skin and the honey does not turn to poopy diaper. This is a dream-scent for me. Possibly bottle-worthy. :wub2:

In bottle: Pleasantly tangy dark berries over honey. Omnomnom. Wet: Sweet rich tangy berries over honey. It’s not quite like the other berry notes,

Blackberries, honey, and a backdrop of something green and sharp. Purple fruits are usually good on me, but the blackberry here has a sour and rotten undercurrent that my nose finds repulsive. >_> Maybe it's because my imp is relatively new/fresh, so I'll let it sit another month and update my review.

Redoul Honey goes on smelling like sharp, bright greenery and sweet honey, and dries down to tons of sweet honey and a hint of tart fruitiness that doesn't smell particularly like blackberry on my skin. The honey part is really strong on me and seems to drown out the other aspects of the scent. It becomes a bit too sweet after a while.

Imp: berries and honey. emphasis on the honey. smells yummy!

wet on skin: a great big bottle of honey. i expect flies and ants to descend upon me any minute now. ohhh and lots of blackberry smells. i now smell like a delicious pie.

later: very tart and food-y.

oh my this is a tasty smell! i'm not sure i could handle a smell that makes me crave pastries every time my wrist comes anywhere near my nose....

this throws really far, my manfriend can smell this from across the hallway. My rabbit is also very intrigued by this scent! she won't leave me alone and keeps sniffing at me and pushing my hand as if i had berries to give her!

verdict: Mouth watering. I want to buy this for my friend who is obsessed with food smells!

Wet: Oh my god, this is the most delicious blackberry scent ever. I'm worried though because berries and I generally don't get along. So I'm loving the wet stage, but am reserving judgement.

Dry down: I'm getting beautiful berries with just the slightest hint of honey. I'm slowly getting more excited about this!

Dry: Sweet berries mingling with honey. Usually berry scents turn to artificially flavored grape cough syrup on my skin, but not this one! :joy:

Verdict: I really like this. Honey is one of my favorite notes, and I'm adoring the berry in this. It might be too sweet for every day wear, and I don't know if this is a bottle purchase, but I'll be loving my imp for sure.

Wowza, this is a fascinating scent! Honey is hit or miss on me, but this works - and it's not sweet at all. There's a tart, sharp something or other that is perfectly in balance with the honey. Wow....just...really interesting. I like it very much, and I'm quite sure I've never smelled anything like this.

Gorgeous! Black/blueberry smell and a bit flowery. No honey thankfully, wich usually turns sour on me. This is now one of my favs, will sure get a bottle!

I love this one. Love, love, love. Simple but amazing. It's like thickest, darkest, most delicious blackberry honey I've never tasted. The slight tartness of the blackberry balances out the naturally sweet honey note. I need a bottle.

In the imp: Fruity honey. Something a little musky?

On skin, wet: Fruity, almost heady honey.

On skin, dry: Fruity and something I can't really articulate well--it's almost sour, like something overripe and a bit off, but not in an entirely bad way? With a honey background.

After an hour: Essentially the same as the initial drydown. I like it, though I'll need to test it again to decide if I want to wear it on a regular basis.

Holy crap, this much honey is slightly overpowering- wet, it's absolutely honey when wet- sickly sweet. When it dries, it gets fruitier, like blackberry flowers, less blackberry. Interesting, but not phenomenal. 3 out of 5.

On the skin: Ooooh, honey! With a strange cough syrup hint? Hmmmm, this smells really weird to me. I like the honey part which is very pleasant and sweet, but this cough syrup part is kinda icky. It doesn't change at all as it dries.

Not for me.

I couldn't place what fruit this smelled like before I read here that it's blackberry. I was thinking a really juicy green apple, but I can see how blackberry dripping with a very golden honey would have the same type of smell. This is sort of how I'd hoped Glittering Apple of the Stars would smell - it's a bright, sparkling fruit, but with something vaguely dark and sexy about it. I love it and can't wait to try mixing it with other things - I think it would be gorgeous with Elf.

Wow! This makes me feel like I took a jar of the best quality blackberry jam with the finest, loveliest local honey, and spread it all over my body. Seriously, the scent wafting up towards me is fantastic, pure blackberry fruity smooth herbal sweetness! I don't think I can live without this. This is going on the bottle list for sure! Now where's my scones and tea?

I finally got my hands on an imp of this, and it is LOVE. :wub2: From imp to drydown, it remains a lovely rich honey blended with deliciously tart, fresh berries. The Lab's blackberry note usually does nasty things on my skin, but either the honey makes it behave or this isn't just blackberry. I get the faintest hints of greenery and spice as well, but nothing interrupts the dance of honey and berries. Delicious. A bottle buy for sure! :yum:

ETA: Just wanted to add that Redoul Honey has good throw and lasts like nobody's business. I tested it early afternoon yesterday, and when I woke up this morning I could still catch whiffs of it on my wrist.

ETA THE SECOND: Welp, I can now confirm that there must be blackberry in this, because after several months of deliciousness, the tart berry note stabbed me in the back and turned to cat pee. :cry2: Time to rehome, woe!

Edited by karihan

In the imp: Mmm... Sweet, tart, juicy berries.

Wet: Intensely sweet, almost bubblegummy blackberries. So lovely.

Dry: I agree that there's a slight greeness about this, though on me it's mostly a delicious mix of sweet, juicy berries and warm honey.

Received a frimp in my etsy order and I AM IN LOVE! I have been trying to find something that smells equally as delicious as Eat Me and I think I have found it here

There are equal parts overripe blackberry and tart honey (I mean real-live right-outta-the-hive honey!), the scents are true both wet and dry on my skin. This is in the dark of winter? I cannot wait to see how it smells on summer skin!

Oh, Redoul Honey, how I completely, absolutely, irrevocably adore you.

The first time I tested this blend I didn't have high hopes for it- I had tried Daphne Honey before and, not knowing what redoul was, thought this would be the same, namely a loud, screaming green sort of scent. But within seconds of it being on my skin it shot right into my top 3 BPALs blends.

It's deliciously ripe berries dripping with juice and drizzled with honey. It's perfect sweetness with a mouth-watering tang. It's blue skies, white clouds, and afternoon sunshine. It's childhood nostalgia. It's wonderful.

I'm so glad I got this as a frimp, because I don't think I would have ever tried it otherwise. :heart: I need a bottle of this, and soon! My imp is running out, haha.

In the vial: slightly tart, cloying honey

Wet: Immediately upon application, very strong on the tart berries, slightly green, and I can pick out the honey. Then it goes very strong cough syrup. Lots of throw. It’s giving me a headache.

Dry: After 20 minute drydown, it’s tart dark berries (probably blackberries, but I’ve never eaten those so I couldn’t be sure myself) and fresh raw right-out-of-the-hive honey. From farther away, I get wafts of pure fresh raw darkened honey. It’s dewy and clean and foody and sweet. I like it fine enough, but I don’t think it’ll be a bottle purchase for me.

This came as a frimp with a recent purchase.

Initial: Blackberries on the VINE. The astringency of the foliage is very green and the berries are dark with a tannic undertone.

Blooms into a strong dark lush fruit scent. The green notes evaporate early.

4 hours later: Sweet slightly powdery honey, reminds me of the aroma of honey-flavored tea bags; the fruit has gone. My skin evaporates most oils within a couple of hours; but this one has impressive wear length. Traces are detectable at hour 8.

De-lish! This is going into rotation for daily wear alternating with Alice’s Evidence and The Red Queen.

This imp is aged.

In the bottle: Omnomnomnom blackberries! And a honey sweetness! <3

On my skin: The berries are luscious and decadent and the sweet, sweet honey helps boost their fragrance, although it seems to be more dominant in the initial stage than the berries themselves. After a couple of minutes the two blend together in a very delicious foody scent. I also think the berries are red now( raspberries). Ten minutes later, the honey is more prominent again.

Drydown: Honeyed berries, very faint. :)