Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

I'd like to try this :D

For your studious nature:

Iole: A serious, studious scent: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber.

Obatala: Obatala’s ofrenda is soft, white and pure: milk, coconut meat, shea butter and cool, refreshing water. <- even though it refers to a male deity, it’s based on attributes of wisdom.

For your love of Asian Culture:

Kitsune-tsuki: Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk.

Aizen-myoo: Yuzu, kaki, and mikan with cherry blossom and black tea.

Yurei: White tea, hibiscus, Arabian sandalwood, white amber, ho leaf, pale Japanese flowers, and vetiver.

Kumiho: A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

Kyoto: A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise.

Shanghai: The crisp, clean scent of green tea touched with lemon verbena and honeysuckle.

For your love of tea:

The Dormouse: A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony.

If you love Chamomile tea as much as I do:

Against Idleness and Mischief: Pollen-dusted honey, diligent tonka, steadfast chamomile, and goodly hyssop.

The Other Hot Chocolate: No notes listed <- I put this one here in response to the Chili Chocolate tea you gifted me in our swap (which I'm now addicted to) :).

For silliness:

Black Cat: No notes listed

Imp: Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli.

Pink Snowballs: chilly vanilla rose snowballs! Dainty, soft, and certainly unfit for flinging!

Iambe: Her scent is one of comfort, beauty and joy: Sudanese amber, patchouli, rose, gardenia, gladiola and white tea.

Thalia: Good Cheer, Plumeria, pear and white champagne.

Bard: A ridiculously charismatic blend of bay rum, honey, and white musk mingling with the scent of harp wood and lute strings and the twang of horn brass.

For whimsical dreams and charisma:

Pandy: Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

And lastly, for the days your melancholy side surfaces:

L'examin de Minuit: The rapture of sorrowful things: frankincense, black plum, melancholy lilac, rose otto, and myrrh.

Dove's Heart: No notes listed

Thanks for the recommendations, Amber Tears! A lot of those I haven't tried before, so they are going on my list :D

Heh, also, glad you liked the tea. ^_^ It is pretty good! I hope you can find more where you live.

This thread has intrigued me for a long time and I've finally decided to give it a try. :) Sorry I wrote a novel!

I'm 40 years old, married, owned by five cats, child-free, and a copywriter. By night, I write mostly poetry and some fiction. My MBTI type is INFJ and my Enneagram type is 4w5. My sun sign is Taurus, my rising sign is Sagittarius, and my moon sign is Libra.

All of my life I've been considered a daydreamer, and those who don't know me well would say that I'm shy. The word I would use instead is reserved, because I can be bold once I feel comfortable. My moods are as fleeting as summer thunderstorms, and I can often be simultaneously elated and irritable. Anxiety and melancholy have plagued me since early childhood. (I have bipolar disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.) My mind is obsessive, indecisive yet occasionally impulsive, suspicious, fanciful, sentimental, easily amused, easily crashed into despair, easily hurt, resilient, sometimes spinning in place. I've been called weird often, which I like. People have called me insightful, witty, intelligent, and resilient. On the other hand, I've also been described as lazy, self-indulgent, temperamental, and naive. All of that is probably true.

When I need to escape my tangle of worries, I call on my Inner Spock, the imaginary Vulcan who lives in my head and reminds me when it's time to get logical. I'm always looking to balance my darkness with as many cute, sparkly, happy things as possible, like plush toys, drag queens, and My Little Pony.

My sense of humour is extremely British, even though I've lived in North Carolina all of my life. Tragedies and mysteries fascinate me even though it's probably unhealthy. I enjoy the beauty of abandoned and decaying places. In my twenties I went out all the time, but the next migraine is always around the corner, so I try not to overdo it.

Some of my favourite things include cats, birds, Doctor Who, RuPaul's Drag Race, post-punk, '80s alternative music, indulging in nostalgia, documentaries, British TV shows, Halloween, Christmas trees, cheesecake, chocolate, pizza, coffee, black tea, red velvet cake, falafel, and sandwiches.

This thread has intrigued me for a long time and I've finally decided to give it a try.

I could see an interesting mix of bright and "dreamy" scents with those that have more depth/darkness matching you.

Bright

Mania - Screeching white musk collides with a howl of red musk, with sharp white grapefruit and pale strawberry leaf.

Chaotic - A whirling mélange of multicolored musks with wasabi, rooibos, heliotrope, and mastic.

Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel - Raspberry, lime, blueberry, tangerine, lemon, juniper, and white grape.

White Rabbit - Strong black tea and milk with white pepper, ginger, honey and vanilla, spilled over the crisp scent of clean linen.

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat - A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

Dark

Yorick - Grave dirt, bone, decay, angel's trumpet, and moldering scraps of shroud: the essence of finality.

Mama-Ji - Spices, cardamom, nutmeg, and flowers.

Midnight Bell - Diabolical monastic incense and crumbling stone.

Halloween: Las Vegas - The aftermath of piratical nuptials: walls smeared with red and black frosting, copious amounts of spilled red wine, the leftover contents of three full bars, dry leaves and desert flowers crushed into carpet, tobacco smoke, and champaca incense in a cloud of body-heat amped Snake Oil and Dorian.

September Midnight - A myrrh-darkened amber chypre sweetened by newly-ripened black pomegranate.

Edited by Balame

This thread has intrigued me for a long time and I've finally decided to give it a try. :) Sorry I wrote a novel!

I'm 40 years old, married, owned by five cats, child-free, and a copywriter. By night, I write mostly poetry and some fiction. My MBTI type is INFJ and my Enneagram type is 4w5. My sun sign is Taurus, my rising sign is Sagittarius, and my moon sign is Libra.

All of my life I've been considered a daydreamer, and those who don't know me well would say that I'm shy. The word I would use instead is reserved, because I can be bold once I feel comfortable. My moods are as fleeting as summer thunderstorms, and I can often be simultaneously elated and irritable. Anxiety and melancholy have plagued me since early childhood. (I have bipolar disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.) My mind is obsessive, indecisive yet occasionally impulsive, suspicious, fanciful, sentimental, easily amused, easily crashed into despair, easily hurt, resilient, sometimes spinning in place. I've been called weird often, which I like. People have called me insightful, witty, intelligent, and resilient. On the other hand, I've also been described as lazy, self-indulgent, temperamental, and naive. All of that is probably true.

When I need to escape my tangle of worries, I call on my Inner Spock, the imaginary Vulcan who lives in my head and reminds me when it's time to get logical. I'm always looking to balance my darkness with as many cute, sparkly, happy things as possible, like plush toys, drag queens, and My Little Pony.

My sense of humour is extremely British, even though I've lived in North Carolina all of my life. Tragedies and mysteries fascinate me even though it's probably unhealthy. I enjoy the beauty of abandoned and decaying places. In my twenties I went out all the time, but the next migraine is always around the corner, so I try not to overdo it.

Some of my favourite things include cats, birds, Doctor Who, RuPaul's Drag Race, post-punk, '80s alternative music, indulging in nostalgia, documentaries, British TV shows, Halloween, Christmas trees, cheesecake, chocolate, pizza, coffee, black tea, red velvet cake, falafel, and sandwiches.

Ok, I'm going to use some weird intuitive scent powers that come from nowhere and hope they steer me true.

I'm sensing ephemeral and soft, with, you know, *flashes* of something mysterious and powerful and fiery and dark.

Here's my list in no real order- the East, eat me, all souls night, Area 51, the cat, love me, hells belle, blue fire, dragons milk, callidora, Lucy's kiss, sugar moon, vain sorceress, September midnight, blood kiss, black tower, tintagel, Bastet. Ok, I'm done now :-)

This sounds like so much fun!

I'm 23 (24 in a few short weeks!), single, and until her passing in February, I was a full-time caregiver for my disabled mother. Outside of my faith, my family is the most important thing in the world to me, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for my dad, my sister, and her children.

I was born in the year of the horse, and my birthday is April 23, making me a Taurus. If it helps any of the Potter-inclined, Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin, but prior to that I had always assumed I was a Ravenclaw. :umm:

Intellect and studies have always been important to me, but truthfully, English was always my best subject. I'm a writer, having completed one (unpublished) novel so far, with many, many other novels in progress and story ideas floating around my mind. I love to write (and read!) sci-fi, primarily. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Star Trek reruns with my dad, but I've always loved space and the stars and stories of spaceships and alien races. I'm unabashedly nerdy. :D

Adventure is in my bones, and I live for traveling with my friends. I love to see new places, and prefer not to plan things too much. I'd rather take in all the surprising sights and things you wouldn't normally see if you had boxed yourself in with a schedule. In June, I'll be traveling outside the country for the first time to see London with a friend, and I am ecstatic. The only thing that could make me happier would be a trip to the International Space Station. :lovestruck:

I often feel like I was born in the wrong time. I get along best with people considerably older than me, I love vintage and bohemian styles, I collect vinyl records, I love writing letters, and I just really love history in general. When I was a kid, I dreamed of being an archaeologist... and a librarian... and an astronaut. I was ambitious. :)

Miscellaneous little things I like include: rainy weather, tea, comic books, boy bands, board games, sundresses, the color orange, and playing the ukulele (or trying to, anyway).

Edit: Ah I jumped in line and I'm sorry! I'll try again later.

Edited by wynne

I'm 23 (24 in a few short weeks!), single, and until her passing in February, I was a full-time caregiver for my disabled mother. Outside of my faith, my family is the most important thing in the world to me, and there's nothing I wouldn't do for my dad, my sister, and her children.

I was born in the year of the horse, and my birthday is April 23, making me a Taurus. If it helps any of the Potter-inclined, Pottermore sorted me into Slytherin, but prior to that I had always assumed I was a Ravenclaw. :umm:

Intellect and studies have always been important to me, but truthfully, English was always my best subject. I'm a writer, having completed one (unpublished) novel so far, with many, many other novels in progress and story ideas floating around my mind. I love to write (and read!) sci-fi, primarily. Maybe it's because I grew up watching Star Trek reruns with my dad, but I've always loved space and the stars and stories of spaceships and alien races. I'm unabashedly nerdy. :D

Adventure is in my bones, and I live for traveling with my friends. I love to see new places, and prefer not to plan things too much. I'd rather take in all the surprising sights and things you wouldn't normally see if you had boxed yourself in with a schedule. In June, I'll be traveling outside the country for the first time to see London with a friend, and I am ecstatic. The only thing that could make me happier would be a trip to the International Space Station. :lovestruck:

I often feel like I was born in the wrong time. I get along best with people considerably older than me, I love vintage and bohemian styles, I collect vinyl records, I love writing letters, and I just really love history in general. When I was a kid, I dreamed of being an archaeologist... and a librarian... and an astronaut. I was ambitious. :)

Miscellaneous little things I like include: rainy weather, tea, comic books, boy bands, board games, sundresses, the color orange, and playing the ukulele (or trying to, anyway).

For your love of orange, try jezebel or ravenous, they are very "orange" scents to me. For the sundresses, try the east, and honey moon. For your anachronism, try hippie ghost or feed me and fill me with pleasure. For your love of space, try 51. For being a potter geek, you could try cleric, elf, or Mage from the rpg series.

Some general catalogue random suggestions: machu pichu, dawn, mother. Vasalissa, bess, dragons milk, twinkle twinkle little bat, blood rose, iole, Mary Shelley. and some limited editions: lovers in the tea house, braving the ice, yvaine (hard to find), pa-pow, carnival diabolique.

Thanks, Balame and JasminDreams2010! You each mentioned a couple of scents I already like, so I think you're both on the right track. :)

scorpio/infp/4w5/Gryffindor

I graduated from a self-parody of a liberal arts college last spring and now live in an intentional community with a bunch of other queer theology nerds (of which there are a lot in the world). Because I was raised Catholic, you’d think I’d want to escape religion as completely as possible, but I got really into medieval theology in college! And Catholic ritual still resonates with me/my sense of beauty.

I tend to define myself with my relationships/what I get excited about, as opposed to my work (which right now is writing communications for a nonprofit). I pour a lot of energy into long-distance friendships (which belies the fact that I’m told I come off as standoffish at first--I don’t think I’m too cool to be friends with people, I’m just really shy!) and MY WRITING outside of work. Other things that eat up my time: my community, running, short stories, dancing, needlepoint, terrible teen TV.

Someone called me a wood nymph once, which works with my own experience of my gender; sometimes I feel femme/inine and sometimes I feel fae, like I'm not a boy or a girl. I do love hiking a lot, and the sinister kind of fairy stories that take place in the forest, and I want to live someplace leafy and mountainous if I can. I call the way I dress “woodland creature/English teacher” and I like dying my hair to remind myself that I have dominion over my body. Right now, it’s purple.

wynne:

You might like Elf, Fae, Titania or Aeval for your fae-like, woodland qualities!

And The Buggre Alle This Bible for your love of old theology :D

Your English teacher style might be captured well by White Rabbit or Severin, which is sadly discontinued but does show up once in a while for sale, or one of my favorites: Picture Books in Winter.

Edited by Aviatrix

I think Dorian speaks to both your book and tea loving nature. While not a booky smell, the scent is very influenced by the book, and is a classy and sophisticated scent. Not too in your face, but

For perfumes that actually smell like books, Buggre Alle This Bible and Miskatonic University leap to mind. Buggre All smells more like an actual tome, whereas Misk U smells more like a library with it's coffee and wood notes.

I'd also look in the Wanderlust section for great scents inspired by cites. I am partial to Glasgow and Windward Passage, but London seems especially fitting with your upcoming trip.

wynne:

You might like Elf, Fae, Titania or Aeval for your fae-like, woodland qualities!

Your English teacher style might be captured well by White Rabbit or Severin, which is sadly discontinued but does show up once in a while for sale, or one of my favorites: Picture Books in Winter.

"dusty Bible accord" don't mind if I do! All of those sound great, especially Picture Books in Winter--I'd love to track that down. Thank you!

wynne:

"dusty Bible accord" don't mind if I do! All of those sound great, especially Picture Books in Winter--I'd love to track that down. Thank you!

Oh, silly me, I forgot to recommend Miskatonic University, which has a bit of the same feel of Picture Books, but is GC, in case you can't find the LE for sale :smile:

I graduated from a self-parody of a liberal arts college last spring and now live in an intentional community with a bunch of other queer theology nerds (of which there are a lot in the world). Because I was raised Catholic, you’d think I’d want to escape religion as completely as possible, but I got really into medieval theology in college! And Catholic ritual still resonates with me/my sense of beauty.

I tend to define myself with my relationships/what I get excited about, as opposed to my work (which right now is writing communications for a nonprofit). I pour a lot of energy into long-distance friendships (which belies the fact that I’m told I come off as standoffish at first--I don’t think I’m too cool to be friends with people, I’m just really shy!) and MY WRITING outside of work. Other things that eat up my time: my community, running, short stories, dancing, needlepoint, terrible teen TV.

Someone called me a wood nymph once, which works with my own experience of my gender; sometimes I feel femme/inine and sometimes I feel fae, like I'm not a boy or a girl. I do love hiking a lot, and the sinister kind of fairy stories that take place in the forest, and I want to live someplace leafy and mountainous if I can. I call the way I dress “woodland creature/English teacher” and I like dying my hair to remind myself that I have dominion over my body. Right now, it’s purple.

You should totally try fae and elf! Fae is like, screaming at me for you. It's a spirited scent.

Also, give lady Macbeth a try to match your purple hair.

As far as limited editions you could try midnight on the midway or loi krathong, if you can hunt them down!

You should totally try fae and elf! Fae is like, screaming at me for you. It's a spirited scent.

Also, give lady Macbeth a try to match your purple hair.

As far as limited editions you could try midnight on the midway or loi krathong, if you can hunt them down!

Fae and Elf seem fated!

I want to say thanks for telling me about Midnight on the Midway but I'm not so sure I'm grateful--it sounds so good, and I hope I can find it someday.

Thank you so much!

This is such a great thread. I have a hard time describing myself, but I'll try because I'm curious what you guys come up with.

I'm a 22 year old journalism student. I'm really curious and want to know how and why things work the way they do. I started my study with the idea to become a writer of the most interesting background articles for magazines like National Geographic (especially the ones focussed on people; the more 'anthropologic ones) and such. But I am also interested in video and editing, so that is what I am focussing on now. Maybe I want to make documentaries.

People who just met me will think I am shy, because when I'm in new situations I tend to be more on the background, especially in large groups. But once you know me and I'm comfortable I can be pretty loud and cracking jokes all the time. Also, when something needs to be done in a group, I can take the leading role. Unexpected by some.

"Chaotic" is my middle name (my boyfriend likes to tell me that my most used phrase probably is "have you seen my keys?"). Lately I've been diagnosed with ADD. This was pretty hard for me, but it was necessary because I was fcking up my study. I have a hard time concentrating and my mind wanders off all the time. Now I learn how to deal with that in a better way. A good thing of it is that I can think and associate really fast :)

When I think of what I'd really would like to do, the first thing that comes to my mind is seeing more of the world. I've never been outside of Europe but the is so many of the world that I'd like to see. I also definitely like adventures; this summer a friend and I will be hitchhiking and couch surfing to Copenhagen. I like to try new things!

Other things about me; I'm a bit of a hippy in music choice, style, and maybe also in my naiveness to wanting to change the world for the better. I'm really compassionate. I love reading, boardgames, tabletop RPG's, Doctor Who, Sherlock and GOT.

I also love summertime, my family and friends, rollerderby, kittens, the color blue, bonfires, the stars and cooking (especially Asian food). ^_^

This is such a great thread. I have a hard time describing myself, but I'll try because I'm curious what you guys come up with.

Hehe, it may be redunandant, but you should definitely try the RPG blend Chaotic :lol:

Also, for some reason I'm thinking some of the Fraggles might be right up your alley, like Wembley: Innocently indecisive: white musk, banana, orange blossom honey, pineapple, and mint.

You might like to explore many of the Wanderlust scents, for your curiosity about the world. Some of my personal faves include London, Morocco and Shanghai, but you could start wherever you'd like. Also, the imaginary lands part of the Wanderlust section could fit your love of fantasy genres and rpg's, so you might like to try Lyonesse or one of the others. Also the discontinued scent Tintagel.

:D

Redundant or not, I do want to try chaotic :D

I also like some of your other recommendations; Tintagel is one that I wanted to try for a long time, Lyonesse did not work on me though. Wembley sounds... strange but appealing, I might try to find a decant of it.

Thanks!

Oh goodness, I'm also pretty bad at describing myself, but I'll make an attempt!

MBTI: INTP/INFP/INTJ (Mainly shifts around between the first two.)

ENNEAGRAM: 9

ZODIAC: Leo.

I am, first and foremost, introverted. That isn't to sat that I dislike people! I most definitely don't, but too much interaction drains me emotionally, and I end up shutting down and going pretty unresponsive unless I can get away and be on my own to detox a bit. (I should probably mention that I'm also autistic? I dunno, that probably accounts for my whole can't-stand-too-much-interaction thing. Anyway. Not so much a big deal when I'm just talking about my personality, I guess?)

Because of how introverted I am, in person, I tend to come off as overly reserved, shy, overly naïve, and probably somewhat innocent? But. Well. To put it in summation, one time I compiled a list of all of the kinks/fetishes I've got, and it totaled over 100. I figure any more detail than that is probably a little too inappropriate for this site (oh my god.) :blush:

But, aside from that, I'm also a complete mushball, and if I ever find out that I've hurt someone unintentionally, I end up kind of basically being a wreck. Thank you, alexithymia, for my utter lack of being able to regulate my own emotions. :evil:

Mmm, I constantly worry that I tend to come off as kind of dry, and maybe even uncaring? But I think I might honestly worry more about it than I should, because people around me seem to like me, and I'm generally a pretty amiable person? Ah, the woes of being a socially challenged autistic teenager. Or adult. I mean I'm technically an adult (over eighteen), but I'm also still in my teenage years? I dunno. :huh?:

I can be kind of cynical, but unless I'm in a heavy depressive spell, I tend to be more positive than negative, and I tend to try my goddamn hardest to make those around me happy as well. (It can also be kind of exhausting, but I guess that kind of happens? I've struggled for a pretty long while with learning to put myself in front of my friends, and I'm slowly getting there. {I mean, not that it's not important to help them? But I'm learning that my own needs should come first, otherwise I end up becoming an utter wreck, and it's not good for anyone.})

Uh, shit. What else? I think my personality is genuinely so ambiguous that it would take a really massive post and a lot of really deep introspective thinking to get it all out in one cohesive spot, and even then I'd probably miss something?

Let's see. I'll just write a little more, I guess.

I love learning. Like, I fucking love learning. The only problem is that I have an awful working memory, so as far as things like math go, or things involving a lot of simultaneous input, I just literally can't do them without a hell of a lot of prep beforehand, and a whole bunch of paper and pens for notes. But as far as researching and learning about things I'm interested in, I just absorb information like a sponge. It's kind of cool, because even if I can't balance your checkbook without a whole lot of effort, I can tell you some completely practically useless but ridiculously interesting yet utterly irrelevant facts. :woohoo:

And when I'm tired, I start typing like someone who's succeeded in ingesting an entire thesaurus, and constantly spits out word-vomit from the depths of those obscure and nigh-eldritch tomes. I try to avoid it, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

I love Lovecraft, and the Cthulhu Mythos (although I'm still far from consuming all of the media it encompasses, so I'm genuinely still a wee babu insomuch as learning about it goes), along with other strange, alien, horrifying things. In fact, I adore bad horror movies, especially the ones with excessive gore. It's strangely hilarious to watch them try to shock the viewers with obscenely unrealistic amounts of blood, especially in times when it's so excessive that you know the human body literally doesn't even hold that much blood. Anyway.

I'm also a huge nerd, if that wasn't obvious enough already. :cthulhu:

And music- I love music. Honestly, it's probably the one thing that keeps me from tearing my hair out from the sheer overwhelming sensation of existence, on a fairly regular basis. My taste varies a pretty huge amount, but I tend to stay away from hard rock, or really much of anything screamo, seeing as it tends to give me headaches. :eek: I love love love electronic music, though. It makes me feel very happy and buzzy and energized and it's great.

ALSO- and this is probably an important thing- MY GENDER AND PRESENTATION TEND TO SPIN AND SHIFT AROUND LIKE THE FUCKING WHEEL OF FORTUNE, so definitely do not be afraid to give more masculine suggestions, either? Like, I can seriously roll with whatever, and I don't have any specific preferences between masculine scents, feminine scents, or things in between.

Anyway, this got considerably longer than expected. I am so sorry, oh my god.

I'm a 22 year old journalism student. I'm really curious and want to know how and why things work the way they do. I started my study with the idea to become a writer of the most interesting background articles for magazines like National Geographic (especially the ones focussed on people; the more 'anthropologic ones) and such. But I am also interested in video and editing, so that is what I am focussing on now. Maybe I want to make documentaries.

People who just met me will think I am shy, because when I'm in new situations I tend to be more on the background, especially in large groups. But once you know me and I'm comfortable I can be pretty loud and cracking jokes all the time. Also, when something needs to be done in a group, I can take the leading role. Unexpected by some.

"Chaotic" is my middle name (my boyfriend likes to tell me that my most used phrase probably is "have you seen my keys?"). Lately I've been diagnosed with ADD. This was pretty hard for me, but it was necessary because I was fcking up my study. I have a hard time concentrating and my mind wanders off all the time. Now I learn how to deal with that in a better way. A good thing of it is that I can think and associate really fast :)

When I think of what I'd really would like to do, the first thing that comes to my mind is seeing more of the world. I've never been outside of Europe but the is so many of the world that I'd like to see. I also definitely like adventures; this summer a friend and I will be hitchhiking and couch surfing to Copenhagen. I like to try new things!

Other things about me; I'm a bit of a hippy in music choice, style, and maybe also in my naiveness to wanting to change the world for the better. I'm really compassionate. I love reading, boardgames, tabletop RPG's, Doctor Who, Sherlock and GOT.

I also love summertime, my family and friends, rollerderby, kittens, the color blue, bonfires, the stars and cooking (especially Asian food). ^_^

Ok, no real reason but I'm sort of getting a "werewolf" vibe from you- so: WILF, Sylvia the She-wolf (BPTP) and Wolf's Heart in the GC though, less so Fenris Wolf. Perhaps Floating Market, and Machu Picchu might be up your alley, they seem to inspire sort of a roaming vibe.

Oh goodness, I'm also pretty bad at describing myself, but I'll make an attempt!

MBTI: INTP/INFP/INTJ (Mainly shifts around between the first two.)

ENNEAGRAM: 9

ZODIAC: Leo.

I am, first and foremost, introverted. That isn't to sat that I dislike people! I most definitely don't, but too much interaction drains me emotionally, and I end up shutting down and going pretty unresponsive unless I can get away and be on my own to detox a bit. (I should probably mention that I'm also autistic? I dunno, that probably accounts for my whole can't-stand-too-much-interaction thing. Anyway. Not so much a big deal when I'm just talking about my personality, I guess?)

Because of how introverted I am, in person, I tend to come off as overly reserved, shy, overly naïve, and probably somewhat innocent? But. Well. To put it in summation, one time I compiled a list of all of the kinks/fetishes I've got, and it totaled over 100. I figure any more detail than that is probably a little too inappropriate for this site (oh my god.) :blush:

But, aside from that, I'm also a complete mushball, and if I ever find out that I've hurt someone unintentionally, I end up kind of basically being a wreck. Thank you, alexithymia, for my utter lack of being able to regulate my own emotions. :evil:

Mmm, I constantly worry that I tend to come off as kind of dry, and maybe even uncaring? But I think I might honestly worry more about it than I should, because people around me seem to like me, and I'm generally a pretty amiable person? Ah, the woes of being a socially challenged autistic teenager. Or adult. I mean I'm technically an adult (over eighteen), but I'm also still in my teenage years? I dunno. :huh?:

I can be kind of cynical, but unless I'm in a heavy depressive spell, I tend to be more positive than negative, and I tend to try my goddamn hardest to make those around me happy as well. (It can also be kind of exhausting, but I guess that kind of happens? I've struggled for a pretty long while with learning to put myself in front of my friends, and I'm slowly getting there. {I mean, not that it's not important to help them? But I'm learning that my own needs should come first, otherwise I end up becoming an utter wreck, and it's not good for anyone.})

Uh, shit. What else? I think my personality is genuinely so ambiguous that it would take a really massive post and a lot of really deep introspective thinking to get it all out in one cohesive spot, and even then I'd probably miss something?

Let's see. I'll just write a little more, I guess.

I love learning. Like, I fucking love learning. The only problem is that I have an awful working memory, so as far as things like math go, or things involving a lot of simultaneous input, I just literally can't do them without a hell of a lot of prep beforehand, and a whole bunch of paper and pens for notes. But as far as researching and learning about things I'm interested in, I just absorb information like a sponge. It's kind of cool, because even if I can't balance your checkbook without a whole lot of effort, I can tell you some completely practically useless but ridiculously interesting yet utterly irrelevant facts. :woohoo:

And when I'm tired, I start typing like someone who's succeeded in ingesting an entire thesaurus, and constantly spits out word-vomit from the depths of those obscure and nigh-eldritch tomes. I try to avoid it, but sometimes it just doesn't work.

I love Lovecraft, and the Cthulhu Mythos (although I'm still far from consuming all of the media it encompasses, so I'm genuinely still a wee babu insomuch as learning about it goes), along with other strange, alien, horrifying things. In fact, I adore bad horror movies, especially the ones with excessive gore. It's strangely hilarious to watch them try to shock the viewers with obscenely unrealistic amounts of blood, especially in times when it's so excessive that you know the human body literally doesn't even hold that much blood. Anyway.

I'm also a huge nerd, if that wasn't obvious enough already. :cthulhu:

And music- I love music. Honestly, it's probably the one thing that keeps me from tearing my hair out from the sheer overwhelming sensation of existence, on a fairly regular basis. My taste varies a pretty huge amount, but I tend to stay away from hard rock, or really much of anything screamo, seeing as it tends to give me headaches. :eek: I love love love electronic music, though. It makes me feel very happy and buzzy and energized and it's great.

ALSO- and this is probably an important thing- MY GENDER AND PRESENTATION TEND TO SPIN AND SHIFT AROUND LIKE THE FUCKING WHEEL OF FORTUNE, so definitely do not be afraid to give more masculine suggestions, either? Like, I can seriously roll with whatever, and I don't have any specific preferences between masculine scents, feminine scents, or things in between.

Anyway, this got considerably longer than expected. I am so sorry, oh my god.

that's fine- self-assessments are often long-winded because it's not something people are often asked to do, and they take some thought.

Miskatonic University! Would probably be good for you, it seems to be a popular scent. Someone else might be able to weigh in on the other lovecraftian/cthulu scents better, because they typically haven't worked for me or have death notes, so I haven't tried too many. But for your love of learning, you might like Agnes Nutter, or the Lurid Library. Also, Cleric from the RPG series. for your love of horror, you might like some of the "blood" themed scents, blood kiss, blood, german expressionistic horror, something from dark delicacies might suit you.

Good luck on your search!

Edited by JasminDreams2010

Miskatonic University! Would probably be good for you, it seems to be a popular scent. Someone else might be able to weigh in on the other lovecraftian/cthulu scents better, because they typically haven't worked for me or have death notes, so I haven't tried too many. But for your love of learning, you might like Agnes Nutter, or the Lurid Library. Also, Cleric from the RPG series. for your love of horror, you might like some of the "blood" themed scents, blood kiss, blood, german expressionistic horror, something from dark delicacies might suit you.

Good luck on your search!

I've actually tried Misk U before, and. Well. It was quite an experience. (I actually left a review, which is what the link goes to.)

I've actually tried quite a few of the lovecraftian scents so far, and I'm planning to try as many as I possibly can. :eek:

Thank you for the suggestions!

Ok, no real reason but I'm sort of getting a "werewolf" vibe from you- so: WILF, Sylvia the She-wolf (BPTP) and Wolf's Heart in the GC though, less so Fenris Wolf. Perhaps Floating Market, and Machu Picchu might be up your alley, they seem to inspire sort of a roaming vibe.

What! :eek: Are you clairvoyant or something?! I just started a RPG game of Werewolf the apocalypse and was looking for good wolf inspired scents. So thanks a lot!

Machu Picchu I like, so that's a good one and the floating market sounds awesome! Thank you.

This is so intriguing, I have to try!

I'm 32, a PhD candidate in Religious Studies writing a dissertation on New Orleans funerary traditions, and I'm engaged to be married this November. I'm a pretty classic INTJ, very reserved, very analytical, I dislike emotions in public and like to keep my distance from people unless we're actually friends. I feign friendship badly. But for all that, I think I am rather loyal and devoted, and I'm a warm and giving person when in the presence of my true friends. I've been told I have a biting wit and a sarcastic streak a mile wide, and I like to think I'm funny. I'm very bookish, by nature, but I have quiet passions for cooking, knitting and spinning, and ballet. My fiancé and I met through Tolkien role-play and in my spare time, I'm an amateur speculative fiction writer, tending towards the Southern Gothic and urban fantasy -- I'm a giant nerd, really. My ideal self wanders through the world in gothy, elegant Victorian clothes all the time and carries a black goth parasol as well as a pair of stompy boots. (I tend to default to jeans and nerdy t-shirts, but I clean up very gothy and elegant.) I love cats, coffee, exploring old cemeteries, and reading historical romances, believe it or not. I'm Jewish, actively so, and I'm bisexual, though I'm just as likely to say queer.

As far as astrology stuff, I'm an Aquarius with Capricorn Rising and my moon is in Scorpio. In Chinese astrology, I'm a metal dog. In Harry Potter terms, I tend to sort either Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Jezebel has been my signature scent for a long time, for what that's worth.