Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

A few suggestions I have for you are:

Hope I was of some help and may you find many scents to love (:

I feel like soft, sweet, foody blends will work for you... something about your caring/honest personality and sensitivity. You're a fellow lit lover too, so I have to list some book-inspired blends!

Thanks so much, Haltija, Balame! Some of those recs sound as if they'd be super-amazing; definitely adding to my wishlist to try out, hopefully in the near future. (^O^)

Hello everyone! I'm Ada, and I've recently tumbled down the BPAL rabbit hole. I've been poring over the exhaustive selection here, and I'm both intrigued and a bit overwhelmed - if you'd lend me your expertise, I'd be grateful.

I'm a 24 year old woman in the sciences (I'm pursuing a Masters in Biology - I study territorial behavior and gene expression within the context of evolutionary biology). I am very serious about scientific and evidence-based thinking as an approach to daily life, and try to conduct myself dispassionately - though I can have a weakness for issues surrounding justice, which I'm working on. I'd like to work in a field that allowed me to apply and investigate scientific methods in a criminological context - my undergraduate degrees are in biology and psychology. I'm also big on research surrounding neuroabnormality in general - neuropsychological research really gets me fired up.

I have a "to the point" sort of personality, though I sometimes come off as detached or 'spaced out'. I'm not really the type for small talk, but people tend to come to me with their problems. I love puzzles and mysteries, and am big on games (particularly video games) that incorporate those kind of elements into gameplay - I live for moments of epiphany when I've figured something out. I like to analyze characters and stories and can get a bit too into literary analysis on occasion. Lately I've developed an interested in more understated Victorian era-inspired fashion.

"Personality typing" assessments seem popular in this thread, too. I'm an INTP on the MBTI. I don't put weight into astrology so I don't know the specifics of my'rising' or 'falling' signs, but I do know that I'm on the Libra/Scorpio cusp. I generally test as a Ravenclaw on Harry Potter assessments (it's been nudged out by Slytherin on a few occasions). I'm hazel-eyed with pale skin and freckles, reddish-brown hair, and a slender, boyish build.

I'm new to BPAL and fragrances in general, though I don't like anything too sweet or cloying, or anything with overpowering patchouli. If it smells like it came out of a drug store, I'm not likely to be interested in it. If you've bothered reading this far, thank you very much. I'd love some suggestions!

Edited by sacramentality

Hello everyone! I'm Ada, and I've recently tumbled down the BPAL rabbit hole. I've been poring over the exhaustive selection here, and I'm both intrigued and a bit overwhelmed - if you'd lend me your expertise, I'd be grateful.

I'm a 24 year old woman in the sciences (I'm pursuing a Masters in Biology - I study territorial behavior and gene expression within the context of evolutionary biology). I am very serious about scientific and evidence-based thinking as an approach to daily life, and try to conduct myself dispassionately - though I can have a weakness for issues surrounding justice, which I'm working on. I'd like to work in a field that allowed me to apply and investigate scientific methods in a criminological context - my undergraduate degrees are in biology and psychology. I'm also big on research surrounding neuroabnormality in general - neuropsychological research really gets me fired up.

I have a "to the point" sort of personality, though I sometimes come off as detached or 'spaced out'. I'm not really the type for small talk, but people tend to come to me with their problems. I love puzzles and mysteries, and am big on games (particularly video games) that incorporate those kind of elements into gameplay - I live for moments of epiphany when I've figured something out. I like to analyze characters and stories and can get a bit too into literary analysis on occasion. Lately I've developed an interested in more understated Victorian era-inspired fashion.

"Personality typing" assessments seem popular in this thread, too. I'm an INTP on the MBTI. I don't put weight into astrology so I don't know the specifics of my'rising' or 'falling' signs, but I do know that I'm on the Libra/Scorpio cusp. I generally test as a Ravenclaw on Harry Potter assessments (it's been nudged out by Slytherin on a few occasions). I'm hazel-eyed with pale skin and freckles, reddish-brown hair, and a slender, boyish build.

I'm new to BPAL and fragrances in general, though I don't like anything too sweet or cloying, or anything with overpowering patchouli. If it smells like it came out of a drug store, I'm not likely to be interested in it. If you've bothered reading this far, thank you very much. I'd love some suggestions!

Welcome to the beautiful madness dear. :wave:

I have a few suggestions for you:

Iole- A serious, studious scent: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber

Arcana- The essence of magickal enigmas and long-forgotten esoteric mysteries. Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena.

Dee- His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods. (If you don't mind unisex or masculine scents)

Hades- A dark, palpably sacred chthonic blend: black narcissus and cypress, stephanotis, opoponax, labdanum, onycha and ambergris.

Mage- All mystique and thrumming power: gurjum balsam, Sumatran dragon's blood resin, olibanum, galangal, oleo gum resin, and frankincense.

Molly, The Reaper of Justice- White lime with lily of the valley, oudh, Himalayan cedar, nagarmotha, and tobacco for the sheen of raven feathers, and saffron, white honey, and amber for her fierceness, strength, and courage.

Hope I was of some help. Enjoy yourself here (:

Edited by Haltija

Iole- A serious, studious scent: fig, night-blooming jasmine, red sandalwood, bourbon vanilla, oak bark, leather accord, and black amber

Arcana- The essence of magickal enigmas and long-forgotten esoteric mysteries. Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena.

Dee- His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods. (If you don't mind unisex or masculine scents)

Hades- A dark, palpably sacred chthonic blend: black narcissus and cypress, stephanotis, opoponax, labdanum, onycha and ambergris.

Mage- All mystique and thrumming power: gurjum balsam, Sumatran dragon's blood resin, olibanum, galangal, oleo gum resin, and frankincense.

Molly, The Reaper of Justice- White lime with lily of the valley, oudh, Himalayan cedar, nagarmotha, and tobacco for the sheen of raven feathers, and saffron, white honey, and amber for her fierceness, strength, and courage.

Thank you very much, Haltija! These look right up my alley - you managed to hit a few of my favorite notes without me even mentioning them. You're also correct in assuming that I'm fine with androgynous or masculine scents. Time to dig into the reviews for these. I appreciate it!

Edited by sacramentality

Thank you very much, Haltija! These look right up my alley - you managed to hit a few of my favorite notes without me even mentioning them. You're also correct in assuming that I'm fine with androgynous or masculine scents. Time to dig into the reviews for these. I appreciate it!

You are most welcome.

I hit some of your favorite notes without even knowing? WOOOOOO go me! If you don't mind me asking, what are some of your most favorite notes and some notes you tend to avoid? I could actually maybe give you more suggestions if I knew.

Edited by Haltija

Wow, I think I haven't been here in a couple of years.

Anyways, I would like some recommendations too, please.

I'm... Strange. Probably the shortest answer I can come up with is that I am a biting fairy from outer space. Mr. Burns voice: I bring you love. O.O

I've kind of got three main components that blend and fade in and out.

A lot of the time, I'm incredibly goofy, joking around and laughing at everything. I'm like a really giggly six year-old, maybe, or a 12 year-old boy; I'm not sure. I laugh at really stupid things, like when ducks do that diving thing, where they leave only their butts sticking out of the water. Yeah, duck butts are pretty hilarious. I'm very child-like, in part. I'm curious, innocent and bluntly honest. I don't get a lot of normal social cues or something...

On the other hand, I can be super serious, fiery and passionate about certain things. I'm very passionate about human rights, animal welfare and the arts; particularly film-making. By nature, I'm a pretty dominant person, though I think it is wrong to dominate others without their consent (unless they are hurting someone, and in that case, I might just pick them up and throw them), so I'm pretty chill into I get into super hero or creative speeding train mode. Oh, and in love and/or sex. (I've ruined many a relationship by being a tidal wave of passionate feelings. Oops.) I actually have aspirations to become a professional dom/me (gender doesn't suit me), somewhere down the road, as well as a writer-director, making my own bizarro films that nobody has to like but me.

Otherwise, I can be very dreamy and spacey. Sometimes my creative mind delves into topics that no longer make any sense. I'm a big fan of surrealism. I have a rich dream world, both in my subconscious mind and my waking one. Though, thankfully, I sort of have control over one of those (sometimes stories seem to write themselves & characters just develop on their own). I space out and daydream a lot. I don't pay attention to a lot of things most people seem to be paying attention to, so pop culture and current events often bound over my head with the greatest of ease. I am often far, far away and people have to wave in front of my face to bring me back to Earth, and if we've been walking, goodness knows where I am and how I got there.

So yeah, I'm kind of tough with a marshmallow center and also sprinkles, which could possibly even be spikes if you're not careful. And also floating, and not here. Man, it's hard to describe myself, but I tried!

I used to wear Black Cashmere by Donna Karan (http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Donna-Karan/Black-Cashmere-495.html), and I felt like that was my signature scent, but as most of you probably know, they don't make it anymore. I've also changed a fair bit since then, so it's hard to say if it would still suit me.

Copying from my profile, here are the notes I tend to like and dislike:

Like:
Cinnamon, nutmeg, lime, black pepper, spice, green tea, fresh fruits, iris, rose (fruity, like a peace rose), jasmine (only fresh, realistic), books, Halloween, spice, warm, red, honey, sweets, food, sometimes watery or ozone-like scents

Don't like:
Sandalwood (gives me a headache from the pits of Hades), most florals, musk, cedar/juniper (allergic), grapefruit, chemically, heavy lavender, tobacco, alcohol, ylang-ylang, meat, banana, vinegar, too buttery, rubber, baby powder, powdery, old-lady sorts of perfume scents, heavy patchouli, medicinal, a lot of LUSH products (which probably means I don't like them too blendy & powdery or something)

Thank you, in advance, and apologies for my long-windedness.

Edited by Pantstrovich

I always laugh when ducks go underwater. I know they have the natural flotation thing going on, but the whole act of sticking their bums in the air while their little feet just kind of dangle looks hilarious. :P

Before I get into "serious" recs I have to recommend this one just based on your "biting fairy from outer space" comment:

Fairy Bites - Osmanthus and raw honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry, honeysuckle, thyme, bergamot, and Dracula orchid.

It might be too floral for you, but most people who have reviewed it say it's a nice mix of fruity/floral and the lavender isn't too intense. I think the peppermint will brighten it nicely. Although some of the following have a few of your "dislikes" in them, I've tried to pick blends where they aren't predominant and might otherwise suit you. Since you like Black Cashmere which is spicy/woodsy you might find patchouli is still good so long as it isn't the main player. Other thoughts:

Bengal - Skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger.

Plunder - Tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg.

Kubla Khan - Serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine.

Spider - White ginger, artemesia, vetiver, nutmeg, King mandarin, bergamot, and lime.

The Lion - A golden, spiced amber, proud, regal and ferocious.

Dee - Soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

Jack - True Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

Chaotic - A whirling mélange of multicolored musks with wasabi, rooibos, heliotrope, and mastic.

Some LEs:

El Dia de los Reyes - Hot cocoa with cinnamon, coffee, and brown sugar.

All Souls - An incense blend that invokes the higher qualities of mercy and compassion, mingled with the soft, sugared currant scent of offertory soul cakes.

Calaveras - Xocolatl, tequila, copal incense, smoke-dried jalapeños, vanilla pods, and cajeta.

The Infernal Lover - A creamy, sensual, honeyed red musk.

Mircalla, Countess Karnstein - Red musk, purple orchid, frankincense, smoky vanilla, Styrian herbs, peru balsam, tonka, Zanzibar clove, and patchouli.

VILF - Patchouli-infused honey, red musk, red sandalwood, red ginger, pink pepper, Peru balsam, dark Eastern florals, Himalayan cedar, smoky vanilla, bitter clove, and leather.

And these are LEs from the current Lupers:

Venus Genetrix - Black amber and jasmine tea with 7-year aged vanilla bourbon absolute.

Venus Obsequens - Pink apple and blackcurrant with honey and cardamom.

Serving Tea After Coitus - Green tea, heady honey, white plum, ambergris accord, and vanilla flower.

I want to recommend Mars Ultor too since it has nutmeg, but it also has tobacco. Are you sure you don't like tobacco? When I first dove into perfumes I thought I would hate it because I only ever knew tobacco from the gross pipe smell and cigarettes, but BPAL's is really gorgeous, sweet and chewy... it comes across more resinous to me than dry or, well, toxic. Might be worth a shot!

I’m new/ish to BPAL, but I love this sort of thing, and I’m happy to see that people are still posting in here. 'Scuse the incredibly self-indulgent novel, but I've been wanted to do this for awhile:

I am a short, very pale-white female with red hair and blue eyes. I play the saxophone in my university band. I like horror movies and old-fashioned ghost stories, and I get along really well with animals--I have an African Grey parrot who is basically my second soulsister (for good and bad--she can be a real bitch sometimes), and I’ve tamed the local squirrels into climbing up on my shoulders and eating peanuts from my hand. When I was in third grade, I started my own Fight Club on the playground (I hadn’t seen the movie or anything; just thought it’d be fun for us all to try to beat each other up)--you better believe that got shut down fast. I got many, many “cards” (disciplinary things) for laughing during class. When I was about 12, I walked in on my little brother and my grandpa having a discussion about how, as an older sister, I am “sometimes nice and sometimes not nice,” and they quickly explained that, no, they hadn’t been talking about me the whole time; but actually had started out with a conversation about “woman pirates.”

I’d certainly like to think that I haven’t so much changed, but instead I’ve grown into a more “refined” version of my scrappy child-self. I’m an anthropology and Russian major, and it seems that this will take me in the archaeology direction, as I’ve been getting more and more involved with megalithic excavations in the far-flung parts of Ireland. I never expected that I would be in this field, really, but it’s comfy anyway because I’m very much Irish by heritage (and I look Irish); also, I’m one of the 12th-ish (I don’t know what the actual figure is) great-granddaughters of the Irish pirate queen Granuaille/Grace O’Malley, so that’s fun.

Probably the most immediately distinctive thing about me is my super-curly red hair. I cut it short last year (it’s bouncier this way!), but previously it had been about identical to Merida’s hair (that chick from Brave), and I got a lot of good-natured ribbing about that. I recently discovered that the main reason I’ve never had a real boyfriend (I'm 21...) before is because I am apparently “scary.” My best friend told me that I seem “very fierce and idgaf,” which was sort of a surprise to me, because I’m like the most ridiculous person I know. I am trying to seem more approachable without compromising myself, but I still have one helluva Resting Bitch Face. It also didn't help that up until maybe five years ago I had a deeply-ingrained, instinctive, visceral revulsion in regards to romance (probably because I feared the idea of giving a person so much sway over my emotions), but I've been working on that. It was one of the multiple manifestations of my OCD, which wasn’t diagnosed until I was 18. So basically, I spent all the years up to that point being quietly convinced that I was honest-to-God insane and doing my best to hide it (so I wouldn’t be put away). I'm medicated now, though, and I'm a lot less afraid of things!

I have a very dark sense of humor, not so much because I’m a purposefully dark person, but more just because I laugh at everything. I grew up in the southern USA, and I’m good at lots of things like survival skills, fire-building, botanical remedies, etc. I have a hobby of skinning and tanning the hides of (fresh) roadkill (I never kill anything), which comes off as a bit macabre to people who aren’t used to it. I enjoy that, though, and sometimes I play it up; scaring people is funny.

The End

I’m new/ish to BPAL, but I love this sort of thing, and I’m happy to see that people are still posting in here. 'Scuse the incredibly self-indulgent novel, but I've been wanted to do this for awhile:

Hopefully people don't mind me jumping in again, I don't mean to monopolize the recs. I'm jealous that you're a distant relative of Grace O'Malley! From one (lesser but still partially) Irish-descended gal to another, here are my thoughts:

Anne Bonney - A blend of Indonesian red patchouli, red sandalwood, and frankincense.

Dana O'Shee - Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.

Embalming Fluid - A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon.

Half-Elf - White sandalwood, beeswax, white tea leaf, oud, and a hint of sophisticated urban musk.

Leanan Sidhe - Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

Nemesis - Cypress, ginger, fig, dried rose, red patchouli, tonka bean and cyclamen.

Pepper - Wild English roses, French gardenia, vanilla, honey, golden ginger, blood orange, pine resin, pink pepper, crushed berries, tuberose, bergamot, and geranium.

The Chicken-Legged Hut - Creaky wood and sun-dried thatching, clacking bones, leering skulls, burnt herbs, and enormous magical chicken feet.

LE:

Harp of Cnoc I'Chosgair, The - Gilded amber, tiare, golden sandalwood, vanilla, cardamom, and tagetes.

Host of Air, The - Peat and rolling grass-covered hills, with wine-dappled heather, white clover, cloudberry, juniper berry, bluebell, dandelion, and cross-leaved heath.

In the Forest - A wild, passion-inflamed skin musk with black pine pitch, brown leather, black clove, copal, white sage, oakmoss, patchouli, and saffron.

Kit - Mysore sandalwood, a tattered and patched 16th century waistcoat, inkstained, still scented with the marjoram and benzoin dry perfumes of his youth.

Lambs-Wool - Roasted apples mashed into warmed milk and ale, with nutmeg, sugar, ginger, and clove.

Pirate Moon - Red musk, ambergris, coconut palm, red sandalwood, balsam, date, warm leather, tobacco, ebony, lingum vitae wood, pandanus grass, an' a touch o' lime.

Post-Mortem Laureatus - White sandalwood and twining ivy.

Russian Dance, The - Florentine iris, black tea, labdanum, patchouli, champaca flower, benzoin, and ambergris.

Sailor's Den, The - Orris, bay rum, palm, coconut meat, oak wood, tobacco, linen, blue lilac, and leather.

Sword of Surtur, The - Iron and fire; red-hot ginger, fossilized amber, prickly poppy, red cedar, cubeb, star anise, and scorpion pepper.

White Witch, The - Gold-flecked honey amber pulsating with red musk, patchouli coeur, bourbon vanilla, inky vetiver, pomegranate rind, myrrh, blackened violet leaf, and blood red rose petals.

I know I don't always explain my choices in full, but my thought here was balancing soothing and outdoorsy scents based on your affinity with animals and remote excavation sites with more fiery blends in a nod to your scrappy side.

Edited by Balame

I always laugh when ducks go underwater. I know they have the natural flotation thing going on, but the whole act of sticking their bums in the air while their little feet just kind of dangle looks hilarious. :P

Before I get into "serious" recs I have to recommend this one just based on your "biting fairy from outer space" comment:

Fairy Bites - Osmanthus and raw honey with lavender, chamomile, white peppermint, raspberry, honeysuckle, thyme, bergamot, and Dracula orchid.

It might be too floral for you, but most people who have reviewed it say it's a nice mix of fruity/floral and the lavender isn't too intense. I think the peppermint will brighten it nicely. Although some of the following have a few of your "dislikes" in them, I've tried to pick blends where they aren't predominant and might otherwise suit you. Since you like Black Cashmere which is spicy/woodsy you might find patchouli is still good so long as it isn't the main player. Other thoughts:

Bengal - Skin musk with honey, peppers, clove, cinnamon bark and ginger.

Plunder - Tea leaf, cassia, cinnamon bark, clove, allspice, sandalwood, tobacco, peppercorn, and nutmeg.

Kubla Khan - Serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine.

Spider - White ginger, artemesia, vetiver, nutmeg, King mandarin, bergamot, and lime.

The Lion - A golden, spiced amber, proud, regal and ferocious.

Dee - Soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

Jack - True Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove.

Chaotic - A whirling mélange of multicolored musks with wasabi, rooibos, heliotrope, and mastic.

Some LEs:

El Dia de los Reyes - Hot cocoa with cinnamon, coffee, and brown sugar.

All Souls - An incense blend that invokes the higher qualities of mercy and compassion, mingled with the soft, sugared currant scent of offertory soul cakes.

Calaveras - Xocolatl, tequila, copal incense, smoke-dried jalapeños, vanilla pods, and cajeta.

The Infernal Lover - A creamy, sensual, honeyed red musk.

Mircalla, Countess Karnstein - Red musk, purple orchid, frankincense, smoky vanilla, Styrian herbs, peru balsam, tonka, Zanzibar clove, and patchouli.

VILF - Patchouli-infused honey, red musk, red sandalwood, red ginger, pink pepper, Peru balsam, dark Eastern florals, Himalayan cedar, smoky vanilla, bitter clove, and leather.

And these are LEs from the current Lupers:

Venus Genetrix - Black amber and jasmine tea with 7-year aged vanilla bourbon absolute.

Venus Obsequens - Pink apple and blackcurrant with honey and cardamom.

Serving Tea After Coitus - Green tea, heady honey, white plum, ambergris accord, and vanilla flower.

I want to recommend Mars Ultor too since it has nutmeg, but it also has tobacco. Are you sure you don't like tobacco? When I first dove into perfumes I thought I would hate it because I only ever knew tobacco from the gross pipe smell and cigarettes, but BPAL's is really gorgeous, sweet and chewy... it comes across more resinous to me than dry or, well, toxic. Might be worth a shot!

Sorry my response is so late. A bunch of stuff happened in my life and it completely slipped my mind.

I guess it's hard to say how I'll feel about a floral until I can actually smell it in person. Most of them just make me want to sneeze and run away. Fairy Bites certainly seems appropriate and interesting.

Bengal, Spider and Jack have been in my maybe pile for some time now. Well, I'd really like to try Jack (I adore Halloween & my bedroom has Halloween decorations & Freddy Krueger, as well as some other 80's horror merch, all year round), so it will probably defintely be in my first purchase of imps. I'm not sure about Bengal though, because of the musk. I guess I'm not much of a fan of perfume smelling like perfume? If only there was smell-o-vision or a BPAL shop I could visit or something!

The thing about tobacco, is that my very abusive father used chewing tobacco, and I have PTSD from the whole thing, so I'm worried that the smell might cause a flashback or something. There's also the sandalwood, which really does give me the most painfully sharp headaches. Otherwise, I really love the idea of plunder. It sounds so nice. :(

In any case, I love the sound of most of your recommendations. They all sound a bit spooky, otherworldly and mysterious (and yummy too)! <3 Ack, BPAL appeals to my romantic adventure-y side so much!

Thank you very much for the recommendations!

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to Bpal. I only have a few imps right now, but three that I got to try will make it into my per enact collection. Zephyr, Alice, and Defututa all suit my chemistry beautifully. So anyway, let me tell you about myself. I am stupidly creative; with a double major in graphic design and web design (though I prefer graphic to web, my brain is just not wired to remember most languages code included). I have about half-a-thousand hobbies mostly centering around creativity from simple carpentry to complex crocheting. I've even taken to designing my own sewing patterns. I am a big game, though I don't have as much time anymore as I would like to for gaming. My all time favorite video game series is Assassin's Creed (probably for the history and rich storyline) and I also love games like Skyrim, and Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition I also love to read, mostly fantasy with the occasional tawdry romance thrown in. Some of my favorite authors include Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce, and especially JK Rowling. I'm a huge tea drinker, mostly green and herbal teas, but I have a fondness for earl grey and cinnamon black as well. As far as my personality goes, well I'm a bit of an odd duck. I rather embrace my weirdness, actually. I'm not terribly outgoing, I'm mostly an introvert and would rather spend an evening on the couch crafting and watching tv than going out with people. My house in Hogwarts would have to be hufflepuff, home to the loyal and hardworking. I am your stereotypical Scorpio. Quick to anger, slow to cool, fiercely protective to those and what I view as mine. Chocolate may as well be running through my veins, and I love to eat, but I'd like stay away from foodie scents since they'd probably make me hungry.

Thanks for any recommendations you may have!

Hi everyone! I'm fairly new to Bpal. I only have a few imps right now, but three that I got to try will make it into my per enact collection. Zephyr, Alice, and Defututa all suit my chemistry beautifully. So anyway, let me tell you about myself. I am stupidly creative; with a double major in graphic design and web design (though I prefer graphic to web, my brain is just not wired to remember most languages code included). I have about half-a-thousand hobbies mostly centering around creativity from simple carpentry to complex crocheting. I've even taken to designing my own sewing patterns. I am a big game, though I don't have as much time anymore as I would like to for gaming. My all time favorite video game series is Assassin's Creed (probably for the history and rich storyline) and I also love games like Skyrim, and Dragon Age Origins and Inquisition I also love to read, mostly fantasy with the occasional tawdry romance thrown in. Some of my favorite authors include Mercedes Lackey, Tamora Pierce, and especially JK Rowling. I'm a huge tea drinker, mostly green and herbal teas, but I have a fondness for earl grey and cinnamon black as well. As far as my personality goes, well I'm a bit of an odd duck. I rather embrace my weirdness, actually. I'm not terribly outgoing, I'm mostly an introvert and would rather spend an evening on the couch crafting and watching tv than going out with people. My house in Hogwarts would have to be hufflepuff, home to the loyal and hardworking. I am your stereotypical Scorpio. Quick to anger, slow to cool, fiercely protective to those and what I view as mine. Chocolate may as well be running through my veins, and I love to eat, but I'd like stay away from foodie scents since they'd probably make me hungry.

Thanks for any recommendations you may have!

Hi there! :)

Oh my, it sounds like you and I would have a lot to talk about, actually! Aside from me not being a designer, we pretty much share all hobbies and interests :D

But on to the recommendations first:

Since you enjoy tea, you might enjoy some of the many beautiful tea blends that BPAL have created over the years. Some of my favorites include Kumiho, Spirit Board, Eusapia, and Severin.

For your love of all things fantasy and gaming, you might try any of the RPG blends. I have a hunch that something like Chaotic might suit your tastes well! My own personal favorite RPG is Elf, and I will always recommend it.

Maybe for your odd personality, you might like to try Mad Hatter or maybe something like Mary Shelley; I am sure she was a bit of an odd duck in her time as well :smile:

I'm a 21 year old, aennagram 8w7, Scorpio, ISFP. I was sorted into house Slytherin.

I'm interested in Metaphysical stuff, Botany, nature. I love to explore. I get bored easily

and don't fancy routine.

My style is mostly black, deep forest green, coral....skinny jeans, leather leggings, industrial look

with a little bit of 90's Patagonia thrown in haha. I love wearing suede booties and high heels.

Black Lace for everyday, Tweedledee for exceptionally cheerful moods and Velvet Bandito for comfort.

Going to post here on a complete whim. I've never tried to summarise myself before... hum. But I am very curious about what anyone might say.

I'm a painter and an artist- that takes up most of my life and has made me a vaguely shy introvert who people tend to peg as standoffish before they talk to me. I'm friendly and empathetic when I speak to people and have something in common with them especially. My dark sense of humor surprises only people who don't know me very well, and dark sensibilities have followed me my whole life, without my intention (my aunts called me Wednesday when I was very little for good reason, whoops). My life is ruled by a Jekyll and Hyde like existence, and my friends sometimes liken me to an absent minded professor- all intellectual book knowledge to the point where I forget where I put things or forget that I'm even a person. People only realise that I have a squishy romantic bit of me when I cry watching Dracula or somesuch. I have a real love and sympathy for a certain kind of villain, and it comes across in my paintings. I have an auful lot of watercolors of tall, gaunt men with scary eyes done in dark and psychadelic colors with a dandyish sensibility. That type acts as my muse, hence the screename. I am bookish, nervous, sardonic, kind, temperamental, obsessive, creative, awkward and full of nightmares.

I am a Sagittarius in the western zodiac, a dragon in the Eastern, and I would be the type of Slytherin who has has select friends in other houses. My tarot card has always been the hanged man and although I am not quite spiritual everyone who is very sensitive is always worried about me. If I had a dollar for every time I was told to never use a ouija board, haha.

Edited by DoktorDandy

I love this thread, but I'm totally drawing a blank when it comes to recommendations. I hope it's OK if I ask for some, though?

I'm a Libra, but despite the things that every single teenybopper astrology book said when I was a kid, I'm not a social butterfly in a pastel cardigan. I have a temper that's a bit like a flash flood- it strikes quickly, runs deep, and sometimes leaves a lot of damage behind (mostly in the form of residual moodiness; I try not to inflict it on other people). The whole temper thing also means that I'm more of a berserker than a diplomat (though maybe that's just my Danish side wanting an excuse to run off and Viking some monasteries); if somebody's picking on someone I don't dislike, I instinctively want to jump in and start fighting the bully, although my shyness stops me from following through more often than I'd like. I like black and red, and I tend to end up with a lot of bright pink things bought on a whim- I like to say that where other people have dark urges, I'm a naturally dark person that gets pink urges.
As to the rest of me: I don't remember when I didn't know how to read, I love pretty much every genre of genre fiction out there (fantasy, sci-fi, romances with snappy banter, etc.), and I've been writing my own stories and poetry on and off since I was a bored thirteen year old. (I haven't been paid much for creative work, but I'm starting to get more work as a freelance editor and copywriter, which is fun in its own way.) I've been a gamer since I was four (mostly RPGs now; New Vegas is my current favorite). I'm somewhere on the asexual spectrum, but I don't know where yet. I'm a Christian witch, I'm studying reiki, and I get nature-oriented visions sometimes when I do reiki on myself (volcanoes and paintbrush flowers more than anything else).
Oh, and I hate coffee. I'm not a fan of hot beverages in general (I always feel like I'm drinking molten lava), but I haven't yet found a form of coffee that doesn't make me want to spit the stuff back out and go brush my teeth.

C'mon forumites, I know you all have plenty of wonderful recs to share. :) Let's not leave such a clever, fun thread all abandoned and dusty.

I'll address some of the backlog to start.

I'm a 21 year old, aennagram 8w7, Scorpio, ISFP. I was sorted into house Slytherin.

Black Forest - Thick, viscous pine with ambergris, black musk, juniper and cypress.

Clio - Warm, dry parchment of scrolls, lavender for critical thought and analysis, the solidity of heavy woods, ornery patchouli and glib benzoin, and superstar-splashed orange and amber.

How Doth the Little Crocodile - Chocolate peppermint, mint-soaked vanilla, pistachio, oakmoss, and green cedar.

Lady Death: Savage - White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin.

Philologus - Ancient books, crackled parchment, faded incense, and candle wax.

Red-Spotted Purple - White thyme, yuzu fruit, hinoki wood, blue cedar, white carnation, plum rind, white mandarin, and lime-tinted white musk.

Tombstone - A rugged, warm blend of vanilla, balsam and sassafras layered over Virginia cedar.

I am very curious about what anyone might say.

Black Lace - The embodiment of Victorian funereal elegance. A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk, and drops of cognac.

Dorian - A Victorian fougere with three pale musks and dark, sugared vanilla tea.

Gothic Horror - Morbidly romantic, thick with murky melodrama, untouched by the centuries, and dust-rimed: Byzantine incense, benzoin, myrrh, bitter clove, spikenard, oud, and ancient balsam.

Lord Ruthven - The father of all dandy aristocrat vampires: Aqua Admirabilis with polished boot leather and blood.

Shelley, Byron and Keats - Uncompromising idealism, haunted romanticism, fatal ennui, and a heady amount of scandal and vice: red roses and pale carnation with a draught of laudanum, smears of opium tar, a hint of absinthe, and mercury ointment.

The Gentleman - A dapper cologne, distant and refined: white musk, lime rind, and rosemary water with tobacco leaf and lilac.

Tombeur - Vanilla-infused sandalwood, blood musk, antique patchouli, vetiver, lavender, bitter almond, amber, and a trickle of Snake Oil.

Transeo - Benzoin, orange blossom, cumin, King mandarin, gaiac wood, juniper berry, Calabrian bergamot, Ceylon cinnamon, and blood camouflaged by wine.

Hi everyone!

I'm new to BPAL so I can't really give recommendations myself but I hope it's ok to just ask for some.

I'm not a native speaker so I probably sound like an eight-year-old. Sorry for that in advance. ;)

I'm 27 years old, tested as ESFP (the entertainer) and I generally get sorted into either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. I don't really believe in astrology but I know I'm an Aquarius.

I'm an anesthesiologist and I love my job. To me, it's just the perfect combination of mental work and doing things with my hands. I'm fascinated by how the human body works and how drugs interact with it. Plus, I really like working with people in general because you see so many interesting things every day. It never gets boring. I take the responsibility that comes with my job very seriously and always try to do what's best for my patients.

When I'm not at work I try to live life to the fullest. I would say I'm pretty outgoing and open. People usually find me funny and easy to talk to and i get along with almost anyone. I'm generally a pretty happy person. I can find a bright side to almost anything no matter how bad it seems at first.

My interests are: music (as long as it's got a guitar in it I like almost anything from songwriters to heavy metal. I play the guitar and used to be in a band, but unfortunately I don't have the time to practice regularly at the moment), foreign languages/cultures and people in general. If I hadn't ended up a doctor I would probably be an interpreter or a psychologist.

From the few BPAL scents I've tried so far my favorites are Snake Oil and Persephone. I absolutely did not like New Orleans (I found it smelled like soap and old ladies- yuck!) and La petite mort (the myrrh came out way too heavy on my skin). Overall, I seem to like vanilla, roses and spices but I'm not a fan of patchouli (although I've read Snake Oil had some, so it's probably ok as long as it's not a dominant note).

Hope this helps, I can't wait for your suggestions! :D

Don't be afraid to give recs even if you're a newbie! You can totally base your recs on the blends you've already tried, even if that's a limited amount. Or simply go by name, such as "Fighter" for someone who seems confident and strong. It's not required of course, but I know people like hearing from various members.

I love this thread, but I'm totally drawing a blank when it comes to recommendations. I hope it's OK if I ask for some, though?

Aziraphale - Ethereal musk, blonde woods, and dusty Bible accord.

Bewildered in a Dream - A disorienting eddy of French lavender, black tea, orange blossom, sharp green tea leaf, pink flowering thorn, and a blot of inky resins.

Bewitched - Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Boadicea - Amber, fig, vanilla flower, oak, patchouli, vetiver, dragon’s blood resin, leather, and neroli.

Lamia - Pale orchid, vanilla amber, black currant, white peach, champaca, coconut, Arabian myrrh, Burmese vetiver, and oude.

Managarm's Bloody Jaws - The offspring of Fenrir, known in whispers as the Moon-Hound, the Moon-Snatcher, the Enemy, He Who Hates: ironwood needles and blood-matted fur.

Pele - Muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms.

The White Witch - Gold-flecked honey amber pulsating with red musk, patchouli coeur, bourbon vanilla, inky vetiver, pomegranate rind, myrrh, blackened violet leaf, and blood red rose petals.

Hope this helps, I can't wait for your suggestions! :D

Your English is great, you don't sound like a kid at all!

Bard - A ridiculously charismatic blend of bay rum, honey, and white musk mingling with the scent of harp wood and lute strings and the twang of horn brass.

Dana O'Shee - Offerings of milk, honey and sweet grains were made to placate these creatures, and it is that the basis of the scent created in their name.

Katrina Van Tassel - White rose and honeyed cream.

Love and Sleep - Fig milk, vanilla, orchid and ylang ylang.

Morocco - Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

(Not So) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene - Candle wax, smoke, red sandalwood, a dusting of kitchen spices, and a dribble of vanilla ice cream.

The Flower Song - Pomegranate wine, lotus root, river reeds, hyssop, and barley.

TKO - No notes listed but general concensus is lavender and vanilla.

Edited by Balame

Hey, guys:) I'm a BPAL virgin, although I've tried other perfume oils before.

I'm currently majoring in Computer Science, although I spent most of my life believing I would become an author. I spent all of my childhood writing stories, although I can't say I was ever very good at it. I'm a couch potato at best, and I am the laziest person you will ever meet--that is a promise. I have brown eyes, although I'd really, really like to buy a pair of color contacts and make them purple or grey or something. My hair color fluctuates between half-neon-red, half-dark-red, and half-bordeaux, with the other half staying a consistent brown-black.

I've played several MMORPGs/RPGs (although I've mostly stopped at this point, since my 100 year old computer can't handle most contemporary games without lagging like death), and my favorite character is always the twin-sword melee class. Please don't recommend any of the RPG oils, though, since I've already looked through them thoroughly! haha

I tend to be very withdrawn and awkward around people I don't know very well, though I tend to get louder and more reminiscent of a female dog the better I get to know them. Around friends, I can get very loud without realizing, or so people tell me. I beg to differ, but whatever. The last time I took the Briggs Meyer(?) test, I believe I got INTJ, although I don't remember for sure. I'm not sure how accurately the test reflects me, though, if only because I took it over two or three years ago. I'm very superstitious, although I tend not to show it. I have the attitude of "God this makes no sense and is so, so laughable and doing this won't hurt me at all BUT WHAT THE HEY IM KIND OF SCARED NOW LEMME BE CAREFUL JUST IN CASE". (Don't ever sleep with your head towards your kitchens, guys, or with a knife near or above your head! Or else.)

My favorite artists include Ibuki Satsuki and H. Bosch, if that helps at all in recommending perfumes for me! Also I love A Song of Ice and Fire/GoT, although the sexist elements in both the books and the TV show are cringeworthy at best, and I have dropped other series for much smaller, fewer offenses.

A part of me can't wait till I'm a senior (a legit senior, not a senior in college), while another part of me dreads it for the inevitable physical pain and challenges that will come with age. Once I have a head full of white hairs, I'm dying it all sorts of pastels! I can't right now, just because of how dark my hair is naturally. Bleaching is both bad for your hair and only works up to a certain point.

I can't think of anything else to add. Thank you guys so much in advance~

The last time I took the Briggs Meyer(?) test, I believe I got INTJ, although I don't remember for sure. I'm not sure how accurately the test reflects me, though, if only because I took it over two or three years ago.

I'm sorry to randomly play armchair psychologist in a rec thread, but you do not sound like an INTJ at all. I have several INTJ friends and have done a ton of research on their type in order to better understand them (they can be quite elusive to me) and a lot is not lining up. I know there's no "perfect" representation of any type, but I would guess ISFJ based on how you describe yourself here. I only say this because I mistyped myself for some time and it was pretty enlightening to find out my real type years later, so maybe it will be helpful to you. :)

13 (February 2015) - White chocolate with thirteen luck boosting elements: pomegranate pulp, red mandarin, five-finger grass, stephanotis blossom, star jasmine, pink carnation, white chamomile, irish moss, Jamaican ginger, acorn blossom, a pinch of sweet basil, a drop of peppermint, and strawberry juice.

F5 - Aloe, white musk, lime peel, fresh mint, seaspray, verbena and green tea.

Inganok Jewelers - Gleaming stone and silver.

Knight in Shiny Armor - Dapper lavender fougere with white carnation, sweet oakmoss, clary sage, crisp leather, bourbon vanilla, and a hint of armor polish.

Kumiho - A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger.

Lights of Men's Lives - The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death’s shadowy cave: some tall, straight, and strong, blazing with the fire of life, others dim and guttering.

Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree - Cherry blossom, blue lilac, lavender monofloral honey, white sandalwood, and Asian pear.

Startled Toad - Golden amber and coconut with frankincense, frothy vanilla, carnation, sweet aged patchouli, and lemongrass.

Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat - A sparkly, batty little scent: green tea, melon, mint, lime rind, and champagne grape with lemon balm, mullein, and toadflax.

Velvet Unicorn - Spun sugar, sparkling rainbow candies, strawberries, merangue, and cherry fluff.

Oh my gosh, no, I think you're completely right! I just checked a few sites for ISFJ, and it's so me, with a few minor exceptions, while INTJ is... iffy at best. I just took the test again for funsie's sake and I got INTJ-T, though, so maybe I'm just bad at taking surveys? Yay, I'm typical & common. Conformity A+

Thanks for your recommendations! Based on the notes, I'm thinking on getting imps of everything but 13 (since I kind of can't) and probably Inganok Jeweler's (smelling like stones is not for me), depending on the reviews for the latter. I'm especially excited for Spirit of the Komachi Cherry Tree, Lights of Men's Lives (which is out of stock?), and Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Bat! ;o

Edit: Oh, apparently several of them are Limited Edition, as opposed to just 13! :x Well, lemme try my best!

Edited by The.Little.Red

Oh my gosh, no, I think you're completely right! I just checked a few sites for ISFJ, and it's so me, with a few minor exceptions, while INTJ is... iffy at best. I just took the test again for funsie's sake and I got INTJ-T, though, so maybe I'm just bad at taking surveys?

I'm so glad! Yes, I ended up browsing descriptions of other types after getting my result (INTP) because it seemed close but not quite. Then I read the proper one and it was like everything clicked into place (INFP). I think for me, and it might be your case as well since we're both introverts/probably F, but a lot of the questions can make it seem like you're overly emotional if you give "feely" type answers. And I mean, I'm just barely on the F spectrum (I was literally 1% away from T last I checked), but it matters.

For a question like, "When solving a problem you consider the rational approach to be the best," I would knee-jerk answer yes because duh, I'm not going to jump to conclusions because of my feefees. But I realized that while I do analyze things logically, my emotions also play a big role. If I was in a situation where my best friend just stabbed someone because the "victim" had killed their kid months ago, then you know what? I don't care about the fact that my friend is a murderer and that, logically, they really should be in jail. I'm gonna' stand by them. I had to consider the questions a bit more deeply. Which is important for the, "Is justice more important than mercy?" one as well. It was sort of a revelation in itself for me to realize that other people would not always do the same in a similar situation. (Not saying someone is a bad person for not wanting to get involved with that, it's just very different from how I would react.)

Another thing that helped was looking at myself from an outside perspective. I'm in my head a LOT, so it was hard. And I can kind of sound like a jerk sometimes - to myself. But while I might see a woman crying about her boyfriend who's cheated on her for the third time and think, "Wow, you are an idiot. How can you be so blind?" in reality I'm probably going to go, "I'm so sorry, how can I help you?" So for a question like, "When making a decision, you rely more on your feelings than on analysis of the situation," my answer will actually be yes for the most part, because a lot of my visible reactions end up being based on feelings of compassion (unless I actively dislike someone). F types are not eternal carebears and T types are not robots, it's just the basis for how those types arrive at intelligent conclusions. And yes, the tests can be misleading so I think recognizing yourself in a description is far more valuable than basing it on the questions alone.

I don't think being ISFJ is bad at all though; they are wonderful, kind and creatives types. :) (And I wonder how many in that 13% also ended up mistyping themselves!) Remember MB explains just one facet of your personality, and we are constantly changing. Enneagram is pretty interesting too and can help fill in gaps and account for differences. For example, I'm a 5w4 which is a bit unusual for an INFP and accounts for my more scientific bent; you may similarly have a unique enneagram configuration for your type.

I'm glad you think my recs might suit you! I tend to write down whatever comes to mind (I was feeling the Asian-inspired and fruity-floral blends for you) and unfortunately that included several LEs. But the good news is you should be able to find decants of them, including 13, from other members swapping or selling here on the forums. Although LEs disappear from BPAL's site, goodness knows a lot of members still have things that didn't work for them or they've simply moved on from. Often for very reasonable prices! You can find people who have them by using the search function in the swap/sale sections. Here's a few more from the GC for good measure, though!

Bon Vivant - An effervescent blend of crystalline champagne notes and sweet strawberry.

Croquet - Pink lime, pink grapfruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Endymion - A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

And yes, LoML is currently out of stock but will be back. The other GCs in my original list are Kumiho and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Bat.

Edited by Balame

Thank you so much for your recommendations, Balame! You did a great job, really all of them sound great. Some of them were even on my wishlist already (TKO, Morocco, Dana O'Shee).

Oh, looking at myself from an outside perspective isn't something I've thought to do! I see where you're coming from, and I'll try taking the test again that way and see if my result changes ;) I've never heard of Enneagrams, and I'll be trying it out once I post! Thank you for the lengthy explanation; it really helps me understand the test & results. Also, I agree with defending your friend--I'd do the same! I remember I was very confused with Se7en for a multitude of reasons (I watched it years ago, pardon me if I get anything wrong) when one of the guys was taken to prison for shooting the murderer.

I think it's funny you thought I'd like Asian-inspired and fruity floral scents, since I'm Asian (and I've grown to love Asian-based scents) and fruity florals are my favorites. :tongue: Maybe personality really does have a lot to do with one's taste in perfumes!

Dang, I'm amazed you have so many perfume oils memorized, though! How many do you have? I have around 30 (mostly samples) from other brands, and I can only name 5 tops--and I can only categorize (gourmand, fruity-floral, etc) about three off the top of my head.

Once again, thanks so much for your recommendations! They all sound so, so nice. :thumbsup: I've already purchased Kumiho and Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat, and now I'm just waiting for them to arrive! I'll probably wait until after I work next (tip pay, so I get paid each shift) to buy the rest of your recommendations & look for decants. I'm already broke, and I can't afford to dip into my savings any further! ;D

Thank you so much for your recommendations, Balame! You did a great job, really all of them sound great. Some of them were even on my wishlist already (TKO, Morocco, Dana O'Shee).

Thank you, I'm happy to hear it! I had way too much fun picking out creamy, thoughtful "sleep" blends for you considering your profession. :P I can totally see some of the spicy scents working for you as well though, which I think suits based both on your love of travel and enjoyment of Snake Oil. It's always fun exploring new things!

Also, I agree with defending your friend--I'd do the same! I remember I was very confused with Se7en for a multitude of reasons (I watched it years ago, pardon me if I get anything wrong) when one of the guys was taken to prison for shooting the murderer.

You're very welcome, and I KNOW! What was up with that? It seriously blows my mind to realize there are people out there so dedicated to justice/following the rules that they would throw someone in a cell for ensuring the safety of others, even if their means were violent. I'm sure we could spiral into a whole discussion about vigilantism and how that could either help or hurt society, but man, I'm just too loyal to my friends for reason to win out all the time.

I love when I manage to hit on the type of blends people like! Doesn't always happen but I try my best. I think there's definitely at least some crossover based on personality. In an extreme case it's more common for a tough/manly dude to wear a heavy cologne than a fruity blend, after all, though I have smelled surprises now and then!

Haha, regarding how many oils I have now... maybe it's best not to say. But hm, I would say around 35 bottles and 60+ imps? Goodness knows I've had more at certain points in time, I try to cull as much as possible to avoid going crazy. Some members' collections put mine to shame though. They easily have 100s of bottles, and let's not even get started on the imps/decants. :lol: I was never big into perfume at all until I discovered BPAL, but I love that indie blends don't tend to overwhelm as much as commercial stuff. Even for those that aren't "me," it's always fun to experience how an experience, emotion, concept or memory is captured within a single bottle. I would say Solstice Scents and Arcana are my other favorites.

As far as memorization - I've been lingering around the forums since '09 (yeesh, feels like it was only yesterday) so I guess it's just exposure. You end up testing more and more, remember blends that stand out, or at least think, "What was that one with amber and jasmine from the Ragnarok update..." and then find the info online and refresh yourself. Or think, "Hey, The.Little.Red sounds like a creative, sweet unicorn, so I need to find that one unicorn blend again." ;)

Congrats on getting Kumiho and TTLB! I really love the clean, crisp sweetness of Kumiho (I'd say it's one of the most popular GCs) and TTLB is a delicious fruity blend. I hope you love them!