Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I would really like to find something that smells like Welch's grape juice. Any suggestions, bpal or otherwise? :D

ETA: Yes, I technically could just dab Welch's on. But I'm not really sure purple skin is my thing. :P

Edited by scarlet

I would really like to find something that smells like Welch's grape juice. Any suggestions, bpal or otherwise? :D

ETA: Yes, I technically could just dab Welch's on. But I'm not really sure purple skin is my thing. :P

I remember some people saying Lilith smelled like grape juice. However, it was very, very myrrhy and musky on me, so I can't really tell you whether it'll smell like grape juice on you. *shrug*

I found that Scherazade and Lampades both had a certain "grape-iness" to them for me. Every time I put them on, I think "yum, grapes!'. Of course, it's mostly spicy grapes.

It might be worth a try for you. :P

Cairo has a grape note that gets even stronger as the oil ages. But it also has honey and resins so may not be exactly what you are looking for.

Madrid has "bold red wine" that I find pretty grape-juice-like when wet, but then it does get a bit more grown up after drydown. But it's still grapey. 'Cause ... wine. :P

Okay, that's all I got.

Urd was super grapey on me until it had a chance to really reach its dry down. :P

The voodoo blend High John the Conquoror is said to smell like grapes. (I personally cannot judge it, I love the scent but have no idea how grapes smell)

Wanda has that grape-ish quality. mind you, its blended with rose and all kinds of other notes, but the grape is there. You might want to try Medea too.

I found Tum to be a kind of sparkly-grape; also, it depends on individual chemistry, but almost anything with a wine note turns into grape on my skin. Madrid particularly so, and also Wanda. Someone else mentioned Centzon T. - on me, that was grape juice mixed with semisweet chocolate - a strange combination to my nose! :P

I found Tum to be a kind of sparkly-grape; also, it depends on individual chemistry, but almost anything with a wine note turns into grape on my skin.  Madrid particularly so, and also Wanda.  Someone else mentioned Centzon T. - on me, that was grape juice mixed with semisweet chocolate - a strange combination to my nose!  :P

I have to second the Tum == grape assessment.

First off I realize this is an older "thread" & secondly I realize this is a discontinued scent...but the grapiest scent I have tried so far is Black Widow...

Definitely Tum, to me it was honeyed grape with a little spice. I like it!

(In fact, the latest reviewer says it smells like Welch's!)

Urd is my absolute FAVORITE Bpal scent. It's the perfect combination of patchouli and fresh grapes.

What other scents do you recommend with a similar grape/vineyard like scent?

I'm looking for a very specific grape, something that screams "purple", fresh, summery, not a boozy grape.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! :P

I know that there aren't that many grape bpals...in fact, Urd is the only one that I can bring to mind where the components were actually listed.

Have you tried some of the plum blends yet? They're certainly less fresh-fruit-ish (in my opinion), but might be awesome for the winter ahead. I'm thinking Bordello (which to my nose wasn't alcoholic at all), Megaera (although the orris and amber certainly take a leading role, however it was recently reformulated, and I haven't sniffed that), Batheba (less fruity, but there).

Yerevan might be a good bet for sweet and fruity.