Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
quimerula

Peach, Peach Blossom, Apricot, Nectarines

Depraved is my fave, as far as something that is a deep, earthy apricot, like something freshly plucked from the tree. Some appreciation for patchouli is required. :P

On the other side of the spectrum, Fae is a deiliriously ethereal peach, sparkling and glistening -- and in between, Imp has the same sparkling peach but it also has the earthy tones in it as well.

Those are my picks! :D

Of all of the peachy scents, I probably liked Tamora (amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean) the most. I thought it was kind of a lighter, fruity version of O. I liked it more than other peachy scents because it's a sensual blend. Otherwise, Depraved was very earthy to me. The apricot didn't come out on me as much as I would have liked, though. Perhaps Imp is a sort of medium between Tamora and Depraved.

Tamora is beautiful. I don't even like peach and I like Tamora. :P

Edited by riddel

Katharina~A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom. (Love this, it's a innocent and flirty and just lovely!)

Depraved~ A salacious, lecherous, leering scent - dirty and dark, slapped with a wet sweetness. Earthy black patchouli swelling with apricot. (Juicy and earthy, very nice.)

Siren Bewitching, tantalizing and dangerously seductive. A thrilling, exotic blend -- deceptively sweet, but spiked with malice. White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla and apricot. (I found this to be a bit sharp for my taste.)

March Hare A twisted teatime tart: apricot and sweet clove. (Favorite room/linen scent of all!)

Yerevan~ Brimming with native fruits and flowers, but also imbued with the power of native earth magicks: apricot and pomegranate with deep plum, wild roses, two Middle Eastern pale musks, white orchid, iris and sweet roots. (A gorgeous fruity floral, one of the best peach/apricot scents in the catalog.)

Imp~Devilishly playful: white peach, amber, golden musk and patchouli. (Also a very nice choice, very peachy.)

Marquise De Merteuil~ Stately, bold, aristocratic and cruel. Opulent galbanum and amber, glistening peach, and a bouquet of French florals, with a merciless undertone of jonquil and heartless vetiver. (The vetiver ruined this one for me, but for others this may fit the bill)

Tamora~ Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean. (Delightful, candy-sweet goodness)

Titiana~ A nocturnal bounty of fae dew-kissed petals and pale fruits: white grape, white peach, iced pear, musk rose, sweet pea, moonflower and snapdragon. (Didn't care for this one, too "watery" for my tastes.)

Aglaea Splendour~ Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle. (This went powdery on my skin, but just gorgeous in the vial.)

Fae~ A brilliant, ethereal scent: white musk, bergamot, heliotrope, peach and oakmoss. (OMG! As delicate and playful as a fairy)

Jack~ The scent of warm, glowing jack o'lanterns on a warm autumn night: true Halloween pumpkin, spiced with nutmeg, glowing peach and murky clove. (For an autumn alternative.)

I left Thalia off the list as it's got pear, not peach/apricot.

I just suggested Aglaea to someone else, and I'll second it here.. It's lovely!

Tamora is nice too.. doesn't seem quite as peach-y, but very pretty..

Oh, yeah -- Siren's nice, too, but it's very heavy on all of the notes but the apricot.

I have to second this. Siren smells very strongly of jasmine and vanilla on me. It all but drowns out the apricot. Your skin chemistry may do something different, however.

I second Marquise de Merteuil! :P

By the time my order arrived, I forgot that vetiver was an ingredient, and I couldn't detect it.

(My skin handles vetiver well, but I have to be in the mood to smell it. The vetiver doesn't dominate Marquise the way it does with, say, Saturnalia.)

for some reasons i keep recommanding Katerina on various recs :P

It's happy, springtime, peachy, innocent, love it!!!

Oh you are helpful!

Thank you very much!

P.S.Marquise de Merteuil is on her way... and the ones you've picked sound all lovely.

March Hare is hands down my favorite apricot scent and I don't even like fruit. Depraved is good, too, if you like patchouli. :P

Of all of the peachy scents, I probably liked Tamora (amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean) the most.  I thought it was kind of a lighter, fruity version of O.

You read my mind, tart!

Titania is nice as well, but not as sensual as Tamora.

I have high hopes for Aglaea, which I just ordered, and Yerevan, which I will try for the first time today. :P

oops. i just checked the notes, and thalia DOESN'T have peach. andrabell totally beat me to it. i'd swear there's some in there, though. maybe it's my nose confusing the pear and peach notes, but i do get whiffs of peach when i wear it. still, it's quite gorgeous.

and i think tamora and titania are in completely different boats as far as peach scents go. tamora is very obviously peach, and titania is more pear and watery florals than anything. if you're looking for straight up sunny peach, go with tamora, but i think both are definitely worth having, as they belong to two entirely different worlds. i would be more inclined to wear tamora on a sunny, bright day and titania on a stormy day.

Fae is positively delightful to wear! I'm convinced you just CAN'T feel depressed when you wear it- it's like having Tinkerbell on your shoulder!

~Diamond~

Imp and Fae. I just got them a couple of weeks ago and I am adding them to my Big Bottles list. Peach has never been a fave of mine, but the blends of these two have blown me into must try more peach!!!

Of the scents mentioned, I've tried Fae, Tamora, Depraved, Yerevan, Jack and March Hare. I'd have to say that March Hare is my favorite of those. It's fruity-licious apricot, with a spicy clove kick.

I've tried Fae, Imp, Katharina, Siren, Tamora and Yerevan.

Fae was far and away the best peach scent on me. I love how the scent is grounded by the oakmoss note, yet effervescent and ethereal smelling because of the white musk note. Not extremely long-lasting on me, but I still recommend the scent highly.

Imp was very peachy, but a little too heavy on the patchouli for my tastes (it will probably improve with a little aging). Katharina turned sour because of the orange blossom note. Siren was quite sharp, probably because of the ginger note. Tamora was lovely but very one-dimensional on me - all I could smell was peach blossom and very little of the other notes. Yerevan was sweetsweetsweet, ugh.

(Edited to add my thoughts about Yerevan.)

Edited by tempete

March Hare definitely and Jack was really fruity on me too, but with a warm background note that gave a lovely base. You can still get the single note Apricot from The Imphouse: http://www.theimphouse.com :P

Edited by Mayfair

I have yet to try Fae and Katharina, but they sound very nice. Let us know how they work for you. :P