Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Man this is great. In the bottle and directly applied, this is pretty earthy ginger, to the point where if I casually sniffed this at say will call I might've passed.

The ginger fades quickly, and I swear each time I go to sniff it smells prettier, like a high-end yet realistic, dewy, tiger lily with sparkle and sweetness supporting. I don't get funeral lilies, this is more of an uplifting muguet, Pele type bloom. The ginger lets the florals shine for the remainder.

I love it. For reference, on the other arm I'm wearing Pink Silk Peony, which I suspect will be popular, yet I can't stop going back to Tiger Lily. It's magnetic and unique, and makes me want to put on a pretty dress and cuddle a hot metal dude in a meadow. 

Not that I need more Spring Fae Vibes, but yay Spring Fae Vibes! Glitter hearts of approval!:wub2:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

I wanted lily and here it is!  When I sniff up close, I get the earthy ginger that RoseThornAndOak describes above.  But on me the ginger is mostly just there up close.  It's the same dry herbal ginger note that's in Sweet Ginger & Patchouli hair gloss.  

But in the throw, this is spicy lily.  I think lily can be a little spicy on its own, and I love how the ginger just seamlessly blends with it here.  This is not a very strong scent on me, but it is just right.  My bottle is brand new and I can't wait to see how it ages.  And I can't wait to wear it in spring weather!  

I was so excited for this one and it does not disappoint!

In the bottle for me, it was a strong earthy spicy ginger with only a very subtle floral note. Figured it would open up on the skin though. Lily tends to be loud on me in a good way.

Fresh on the skin, it's very similar to in the bottle, but right away a hint of the actual lily note starts appearing.

Once it dried down and in the hours since, it has developed the sweet nectary slightly spicy lily smell of blooming lilies on a warm spring day with that rich earthy ginger balancing it. It's sweet and spicy and floral and fresh, and it is in some ways very much what I was expecting, but also absolutely it's own distinct and amazing scent.

This is definitely among my favorite BPAL scents to date, and I'm really excited to see how and if the scent changes as the bottle ages. I'm seriously contemplating ordering more of this while it exists.

Silk Tiger Lily very nearly gives me savory vibes when sniffed right out of the bottle--something like saffron and cumin mingled spice cupboard tendrils-- and from there on, the evolution is just extraordinary. First, a briny ginger fire, a spicy salinity, as if the knobby little rhizome has been treated to an oceanic pickling; then, seamlessly, a warm, peppery floral with a nose-tickling lemon halo, beautiful, bracing, and buoyant. 

This started off unexpectedly green on me (is that some stem or leaves from the lily? I honestly thought that I grabbed the wrong decant and applied Sister Death instead, but no, it was this scent!), but then morphs into a fierce ginger and lily scent on me. It's more about the ginger earlier on in wear, and it's a pungent one -- I feel like it's a fresh ginger that may be mixed with a deeper, Shub-esque one. But over time, the lily gets tired of being second to the ginger and declares dominion over it, so that it's a straight-up lily scent on me by the end of the day.

I don't think I could see myself reaching for this, but if you're looking for a lily scent that's packing a punch of spicy ginger, this one is for you.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Starts off as a ginger and lily duo. The spicy ginger starts to burn off fairly quickly. It never fully disappears, but the scent becomes dominated by lily. Throughout all of it, there's something else in the background that I can't put my finger on. When the ginger is stronger, it's a sweet spice note that almost smells like baked goods. Later, when the lily dominates, I get a note that's almost carbonated in nature, making the now background ginger into a ginger beer note. Overall, a lily scent that is more than the sum of its parts.

In the decant: True to title, ginger and lilies.

Wet: An almost savory ginger, like when you sautee ginger in soybean oil. But with the lily smell so it's confusing. It takes a few minutes more than I'm used to for this "wet" phase to settle down.

Dry: The savory aspect is gone and now this is a glorious fresh ginger and lily perfume that I'm torn between wanting to FS and wanting to never smell again. My Mom kept a fairly epic, wild garden when I was a kid and loved lilies. She kept tiger lilies in pots on the front porch and this smells like those lilies specifically, so I'm torn between the beautiful, fragrant tiger lily and the... sorrow that the last time I smelled them was when she was being shoved into her crypt. Maybe I'll make my sister smell this and see how she reacts. This would be a firm win if it didn't come with scent memory baggage.

Love the initial blast of ginger, though sadly the floral lily scent that this settles into doesn't work for me.