Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

sugary, sparkling champagne bubbling up over a slightly citrus-herbal absinthe note.  as it settles in, the citrus slant of the herbs dies down, and i do get a faint whiff of an anise-type herbal.  it's not super potent, but it creates a nice base for all that fizzy champagne sugar.  i came into this hoping for a bigger hit of anise-y absinthe, but this is delightful so i'm not complaining. the champagne loses some fizz over time, but it still hovers over the top with the sugar, so it keep that sweet effervescence.  ends up smelling a bit like an herbal soda, but i think that's just how my brain interprets the champagne note. 

definite bottle.  this will be fantastic for summer. 

edit 3/5

i got an opportunity to pick up champagne and absinthe, which i did with the hope that it might be similar to this with more absinthe.  i found them to be very different though! c&a is almost an absinthe sn compared to this one.  the joyful, sweet, effervescence of the labdanum-like champagne makes this one the clear winner for me.  i'm also picking up more absinthe now, either through comparison or due to more rest time. 

Edited by MamaMoth

As described, champagne and absinthe. On me, absinthe is the main note. Champagne is definitely there, but is more serving a supporting role, lifting up the already almost citrusy smell of the absinthe. Sugary, light, and bubbly absinthe, is how I would describe this scent.

This is a sweet champagne scent, with a supportimg absinthe note.

The absinthe lends a warm, almost herby vibe and makes the champagne closer to wearable for me. 

I had to try this for the name and the art, even though I typically avoid absinthe notes due to the anise.

I get a lot of champagne and sugar from this at first, with the absinthe increasing more with wear, but never overtaking the fizzy champagne on me. I agree with other reviewers describing the absinthe as green and herbal -- it's not an anise bomb, and I really only get a hint of anise early on. So if you're anise-averse (like me), this is still worth a try, and if you're hoping for lots of anise, you might be disappointed. Either way, you have to like champagne, though, as it is as loud as ever.

I don't think I need a full bottle of this one (I'll retest before it departs to be sure, though), but this was a pleasant surprise!

As if absinthe, in all its anise-minty-bitter-wormwood glory, was cooked down into those little hard Christmas candies and rolled in sugar, to add to your grandma's dish of striped ribbon and those raspberries with liquid in the middle. If there's any champagne in this, it has already been made into a fancy cocktail with absinthe drizzled over a sugar cube. This is a very suggestive perfume, in that when I wear it it almost always leads to a drink containing actual absinthe, so buyer beware.

Super weird, but I ended up loving it.

Champagne dominates. On the skin, the sugar gets involved, which I like. On me there is a very slight absinthe, but really not enough to notice it’s there. The overall product ends up smelling like a rather nice high end perfume worn by someone who is holding a glass of champagne.