Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Inebriated Birbs Guzzling Punch While a Scandalized Cat Looks On

Not as juicy or refreshing as I was expecting at all.  It goes on smelling like that creamy, pink, bubblegum-ish medicine from my childhood and quickly dries down to a faint, dry, sour lemon and sugar that's dusty and a little soapy.  A somehow mature smelling lemon sugar with kind of a lotion-y and soapy scent to it as it dries down.

A sweet booze scent on me. I'm getting the brandy mostly. The sugar and rum are there, contributing to the sweetness and the boozy nature of the scent. But I don't get any lemon. I would describe this as an approachable booze scent. It's pleasant with all the sweetness, just not the most interesting scent.

There's a bit of slightly bubblegum-y rum at first, but it is quickly overtaken by the brandy on me, which ends up being the dominant note on me throughout wear, backed by the lemon and the sugar (not a ton of lemon, though). Oddly enough, it is very light on me despite it being a boozy scent. I would have thought the booze would be much louder!

I was really hoping this one would be a win on me despite the rum, because I really love the art that inspired it. Although the rum wasn't a bully, I didn't end up falling in love with this, so no bottle for me.

Yep, sweet booze! A little lemony, but mostly sugar and brandy. Not complicated, very much what it says, so if you like those notes, you'll like this!

Of some of the holiday boozy scents the Lab has done of late, I like this one better than Yuletide Revenge Tale, maybe not as much as Yuletide Bacchanal - Y.B. has those fruit notes with the date and fig, which adds, well, fruitiness! Y.R.T. is more dry - a spiced ale, versus the brandy and rum and sugar here.

sweet, smoky booze.  starts with more rum, then the rum settles into a dry rasp underneath the brandy.  i get a scorchy note, which seems to make the whole blend a little ashy and dry. it's sweeter at first, less so as it dries down.  but not sugary exactly.  i never detected lemon at all. 

i like the sweet scorched rum, but the rum is a minor player in this and the sweetness diminishes significantly as it wears.  i'm ambivalent about the brandy, which is a dominant note, and i'm not connecting with the ashy dryness of it at all.  i wish there were more sugary lemon, i feel like it needs that pop. 

In the decant: Slight booziness and a generally fruity, sweet smell.

Wet: No booziness, just a bowl of cut orchard fruits with a dash of lemon water to keep things from oxidizing.

Dry: A nice, perfumey fruitiness for all of half an hour and then my skin eats it. Bloody hell, these fruity cold-season scents don't stand a chance against my ravenous skin. It eats them all...

Yeah, everything's there - strongest is the sweet brandy. On my skin the lemon juice amps and warms up (nooo..), and the sugar adds a fun fleckyness to this. Simple, fun, festive.