Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A beautiful mash up of two gorgeous blends.

First applied, Snow Lion is very much a Snow White blend. Into the dry down, a warmth slowly inserts itself. The slightly spiced amber is definitely 'shimmering under' the Snow White, but it does magical things to this normally cool feeling blend.  The sweet, vanillic, slightly floral tinged Snow White is remade with a warm, resinous amber support.

Warm, snuggly, and a bit sexy.

I think I'll need a backup. 

The Mad Tea Party is my favorite GC collection, and I was so excited to see a variant of The Lion that I leapt for a bottle.

Snow Lion starts off with the creamy, chilly Snow White but quickly becomes amber-forward on me. The Lion's Egyptian amber is golden and spiced, yet deep (I realize that sounds kind of vague, but what I'm trying to say is that, while golden, it is darker and has more depth to it than some of the other golden ambers from the Lab). It reigns for most of the wear, and ends up being the most prominent aspect of the scent after several hours, a welcome warmth to permeate the gentle chill of Snow White that flits about the blend.

If you're a fan of The Lion, or a fan of amber and don't mind a little spice, you should definitely give this one a try (especially since it has been out of stock). I'd say this is more Lion-forward than Snow White-forward in the end, and the Egyptian amber melds so nicely with the creamy, chilly Snow White! :D

Amber and snow. Very much Snow White but with amber instead of rose. Simple, warm (while still being a snow scent), and I would describe it as 'glowy.'

I don't know the Lion, but I really, really want to after smelling this gorgeous blend. Warm, radiant amber, chilled. The velvet flank of a lioness basking in the elusive winter sun, dusted by and sparkling with snow.

Amber and Snow. Yep. It's a gorgeous amber blend - but how many gorgeous amber blends do I need? Medium throw and wear length.

Wet - Snow note is out front.  Neither sweet nor minty

Semidry - The amber is out and wrestling with the snow note on my skin.  This wasn't iffy in a bad way.  The notes really were jockeying for position.

Dry

L wrist - snow and spices

R wrist - snow and amber

The amber is gone and the snow note is hanging tough after 12 hours.  If your skin really loves the lab's snow smell, go for it.  This year's iteration isn't loving me.

#reviewathon2023

So I don't like snow white. I don't hate it, but it's not my thing. But I couldn't resist the siren call of Spiced amber, so here we are. And good lord I'm in love with the amber!! Somehow, it works with snow white and balances it veryy nicely so I don't hate it. I can chill with Ms. White in this blend. At first on my skin it's mostly snow white and I thought I would hate it but the spices n amber come through before long and snow white takes a back seat.

All in all it's a yummy spicy sexy amber with some cool vanillic floralish sweetness hanging out- really really good, smells like the battle between Aslan and Jadis in Narnia! It's mysterious, a little girlish and coy but more sexy and alluring to me. I was prepared to not like this but I'm considering a backup bottle now :D❤️