Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Freshly applied, the chestnut and candied fig stand out --- especially the latter --- with a rust-colored tone overlying everything. Pecan soon joins in, even somewhat taking over the pasture where chestnut was playing.

The musk here is present, but never heavy on my skin. This stays mainly about the russet candied fig and nuts, especially the pecan.

Warm and attractive blend for the art.

This one starts in a very promising place for me. The chestnut/russet vibes are great and well balanced with the sweetness from the fig, but then the myrrh really amps up on me and brings out more powder in the musk. Very minimal clove in this.

Oooofff! Something in here is not playing nice on my skin 🐎 this was one of the first ones I applied and was hoping some of the intensity would burn off. Instead it became overwhelming on my skin. It’s almost buttery/heavy? Almost like greasy, pie crust unlisted or perhaps I'm amping a note unfamiliar to me. :cry2:So sad this pony scent doesn’t work for me… No nut November = no nut musk for me

What a great blend for a beautiful image. This really does, to me, conjure up the chestnut-coloured horses in the painting. Between the chestnut and pecan, this is a nutty, only slightly musky scent, with the fig and amber backing up with a lovely sweetness. The clove is indeed sweet, and doesn't read as "spicy" at all. Really glad I got this one.

This is so pretty! On my skin it blooms into a sweet amber musk. I have the older Horse Chestnut Honey perfume and this definitely doesn't have that chestnut note! I also have several scents with prominent fig, I amp clove, and neither of them stand out to me here, either! I don't get fig, chestnut, clove or other specific notes from it, just a sweet, lightly spiced, slightly powdery amber musk. I'm happy to have it, just surprised that it's not what I expected. Skin chemistry is so interesting.

Edited by Poenari

This blend is really sweet but not horribly foody.  It didn't seem very amber-y or musk-y to me, but I liked it and kept huffing my wrist.  

This starts off with a blast of the nutty and sweet pecan, along with some fig,  but then the pecan and candied fig combo decides to get too sweet on me (especially the pecan, though), and I'm reminded of that Caramelized Pecan Rum Cake imp from last year's Black Friday imps. Maybe the musk in the chestnut musk is helping to amp up that pecan. It stays that way for a while, but becomes more sophisticated after a few hours as the russet amber emerges (I really enjoy this amber note) as well as some myrrh. I only get a hint of clove when I sniff up close, but it's mainly a nutty scent (more pecan than chestnut to my nose) accompanied by some fig.

This is sweeter than At Martynesmasse I Kylle My Swine, which features chestnuts (along with some other nuts) and honey! Alas, it is too sweet for me, even with the amber doing its best, but it was really nice to get a chance to try it.