Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Green Cardamom, Irish Fern, and Hinoki

I like this one a lot. In the bottle, it's very green and almost swampy with the fern (in a fresh sort of way). On my skin, it's heavy on the cardamom to start, but the wood comes out and the two are in pretty equal balance after half an hour or so, but the fern disappears almost entirely after a few minutes.

Medium to low throw - it is not nearly as pungent as Green Cardamom, Oakmoss, and Patchouli, that's for sure (which I also like, but boy you can smell me comin' from across the room).

Wet out of the bottle, very green and sap like from the fern. As it dries, the cardamom comes forward, with the wood being a notable secondary note. Reminscent of wandering deep into a damp evergreen forest, without any specific evergreen scents. I don't think this will be my everyday kind of scent, but my housemate wears it frequently and it's always pleasant to smell on her.

Wanted a bit of a break from Weenie Heaviness, but wanted something green but not too light, so reached for this.  In the bottle:  A total blast of all 3 notes, green and fresh and mashed up.  On, wet:  The cardamom opens up immediately on the skin, followed by gorgeous crushed fern with a bit of wood in the background. Drydown:  Alas, this dries down and fades quickly on me, which is too bad because I love it.  After a few hours it's lovely crushed cardamom pods mostly with a hit of green hinoki in the background.  Glad I got this one.

This was so comforting when I first applied it -- a blast of cardamom, green fern, and the woodsy hinoki in the background. But my skin ended up amping the fern, which it is wont to do, and it ends up being a mossy sort of scent on me, without any trace of the cardamom or hinoki to be found. :( The beginning is SO NICE, though.

greeeeeeen, it's like absinthe without the anise, it's very green but not in a grassy, forest way.

I love this scent. It's one of the first BPAL scents I got scent unsmelled and it was worth it. I've always loved the scent of cardamom in pretty much any form, and this is such a lovely green scent that's wonderful on chillier days