Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Moroccan amber streaked with white peach, velvet green moss, ambergris, blackened cardamom, incense smoke, and crushed pomegranate seed.

In the bottle I get nothing but laundry detergent, and wet I get a tropical fruit note - something like papaya maybe? Probably the combo of pomegranate and peach.

That note fades quickly and the amber comes out, with a slight burnt note (presumably the blackened cardamon). No moss or ambergris for me but the incense smoke appears faintly once dry. After quite a while it ends up incense smoke and pomegranate. I think this will change as it ages and turn into a stunner.

I used to be able to wear peach, and now it doesn't agree with my skin chemistry anymore. I was hoping it would not be as prominent in this blend, so I tried a decant, but alas, I am all funky peach amber moss. Would love to pick up anything burnt or smoky, but I'm not getting those bits.

I am in the same boat as LavenderCoffee. I've had other peaches go tragically wrong on me before and this one is no different. Hopefully aging mellows things out.

Aside from the peach, I like the other elements in this perfume. The moss and ambergris are a great combo, green and damp. I get the faintest wisp of incense smoke. I can definitely see how it reads as laundry detergent, but I don't mind.

I'm going to have to try this in a few months to see if the peach mellows out. I like the ambergris and moss combo quite a bit, so hopefully the peach will cooperate eventually.

In the imp I get a mossy peach in a cloud of incense. Juicy peach with a dusting of green. It's unusual but beautiful. On wet it is less smoky, even peachier. As it dries the amber and ambergris ground the peach a bit, as does the incense smoke. But the moss never comes back, and I never detect the cardamom. Apparently peach is a bit of a bulldozer on me! A very nice peach note though. 

Peach and moss can be iffy notes on me; and ambergris, incense, and pomegranate are still kind of unknowns that have not been consistent in my small sampling. Cardamom is however my favorite spice, so I came in hoping that this would work but dubious.

I have lucked out!

Peach and pomegranate combine to make a tart, fruity, juce-like layer on which the rest of the scent seems to drift. The incense and moss team up for a green and lightly smoky note that keep the scent from going sickly sweet. The ambergris is a quiet soft creamy element that smooths over any rough edges from the rest of the notes.

The star of the show on my skin, to my delight, is a toasty, sweet and smoky cardamom. Every other note is supporting it and really making it shine.

I think this is the best possible outcome I could have from these scent notes.