Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Okay so right out of the mail(it was hot today) I'm getting the pungency of the milk more and a skanky patchouli. The milk note is incredibly realistic and supringly not sweet! It's like an animalic benzoin milk. You can tell this stuff is rich. I need to let it sit for a while before I give my updated review. 

Update: now that the oil has settled, I smell the caramelized milk note. The snake oil smell is still incredibly sharp and strong but it has mellowed into a more caramelized slightly bourbon vanilla scent. It is still not sweet but it is comforting, it reminds me of when you heat milk up in the microwave.

Edited by Madonna Lily

When I read the description, I thought of Anaconda, so I was sold, not that I needed much persuasion anyway!  : )

So, it doesn't smell like Anaconda except maybe marginally.  But it smells really good.  Like, I could almost get a backup bottle.  Milk notes are a risk for me because they could go a little plasticky, but this doesn't, it's just milky caramelized snakey goodness.  Smells pretty much how it is described.  Maybe slightly powdery, but the snakey goodness always tempers that for me (not that I'm against powdery scents).  Not overwhelming but stronger than, say, Snake's Kiss, in my experience.  It's just right and one of the stand-out S.O. variants I've smelled, right up there with my other favorites.

Edited by forspecial_plate
Typo

In the bottle, this scent made me smile! It smelled exactly like the sweetmilk sandwiches my mom and I would make together when I was a kid. Literally just spread some sweetened condensed milk onto bread and then fold it in half. Or even better, toast the bread first (trust me it is SOOO good).

On skin...well. It just didn't work out for me 😅 There was the Snake Oil. And there was the warm condensed milk, now browned and resin-y. But unfortunately I run into this issue with milk notes a lot, where I end up feeling like I'm stuck in the same microwave where the milk is being warmed, and I can't breathe and omg I am suffocating in the thick scent of MILK, SOMEBODY HELP.

It didn't help that I tried this one out as a sleep scent. After a while I had to keep my wrists hidden under the blanket trying to get some clean milk-free air lol. So for me personally, I'll have to stick to regular Snake Oil (which I have recently found out I LOVE!!) but if milk notes behave well for you (im jelly), then this may surely be a beauty!

Sweetened condensed milk and Snake Oil. This is a sweeter version of Snake Oil. Medium throw and wear length.

Straight up caramelized milk, i don't know what i was expecting but i hated the smell as a kid and it still wants to make me hurl, lol! But, if that's your thing you will LOVE this!