Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A diaphanous white musk with wisteria, water lily, plum blossoms, and ripe plum juice. 

I was hoping that double plum would help this blend be plummy. Alas, my plum friends, it is not. Not at the moment, at least. This is all white musk - a soft, powdery white musk at least, and not the aggressively soapy kind - and wisteria and water lily, which are gentle watery white florals and not screaming diva white florals. Very clean and innocent smelling, but very very oldfashioned. Some of my toys from back in the day had this kind of powdery comforting smell to them, and I am getting some of that here. There's also an element of some of the gentler commercial perfumes from the 80s and 90s, to me.

I don't get a single drop of plum from it fresh. I am hoping that time will help it emerge, but right now, this one is for the lovers of those pretty, elegant white florals and the powder-dusted musks.

This is super pretty. It smells gently of purple. It is not overwhelming in fruit, and it is not juicy. Just enough plum to knock down the indoles which are present on first application and fleeting away as the plum surfaces. It has a playful bright touch, not heady or commanding of your notice, just resting on the wrist delicately. Flickering purple and sometimes green. More plum would not belong in this blend, it would make it juicy and more late summer.  So far this is the most fitting of the luper/spring scents i have tried for the release. It really does remind one of spring and the joyful revival from winter it brings, such as chasing fireflies. Beth has such lovely artistic renderings of moods and this one perfectly nurtures my need for sunshine and play.  I am not perceiving this as an aquatic with the water lily,  more a slight green tinge which seems to flicker like the plum. 

Will update with dry down tonight.

Edited by Missanneshirleyofgg

To my nose, this is extremely similar to Kitsune-Tsuki.  (Asian plum, orchid, daffodil, jasmine and white musk) Ironically, Chasing Fireflies goes a bit more floral on me than the juicier Kitsune does, even though Kitsune boasts more floral notes.  Chasing Fireflies is also softer, smoother, and doesn't last as long on me.  It's a pretty spring floral with a touch of plum fruit, but not really different enough to be something I'd buy.

Edited by VetchVesper

Hi, I'm here for the plum juice.

What lands on my skin here is mostly an airy, powdery floral blend. I get wisteria and lily white-musky powder poofs in a faint plum flower cloud. 

I don't find any juiciness, but white musk-friendly lovers of pale, soft floral blends may enjoy this one.

I got a lot of plum at first sniff, but then this turned into a pinkish aquatic. I like it, but a decant is enough.

This is all about the plum.  Combined with loud florals this reads as a 70’s fruity floral to me.  I love it because it reminds me of my mom.  This is something she would have liked.🥲💕💕

this is a soft aquatic white floral on me, very strongly reminiscent of Pantene's shampoos - of the melon / cucumber range.. i think this impression comes from the water lily note, which is very forward here. 

Origin: Straight from the Lab

Initial Thoughts: Wisteria is one of my favorite flowers, so when none of the other notes are deal-breakers, I'm gonna try it. White musk doesn't amp on me and I like lily and plum.

In the bottle: Plum and florals. Very sweet and heady.

Wet: Because it's my skin, the musk jumps out. But because it's white musk, it doesn't roll over the other notes. I get lily and maybe plum blossom at first, then the wisteria comes out to play. Lots of florals, grounded in the musk.

Drydown: The sharpness in the lily calms down and everything melds together into a gentle floral, rounded out by the plum and musk on a very delicate level.

Verdict: This is exactly my type of BPAL, so I'm very glad I grabbed a bottle.