Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Gingerbread, Vetiver, and Black Tea

I looove this! I typically don’t go for the gourmand, but cannot resist a black tea note. 

First impressions: warm gingerbread with a vetiver backdrop. I cannot stop smelling this. 

After a little while the black tea surfaces and blends perfectly to the vetiver and gingerbread. I think it adds a slight creaminess to it as well. 

Overall, I love this! It’s warm and comforting (perfect for Yule). And it’s not too foody for me to wear! I like wearing before bed and hibernating into the covers. 

In the bottle: Spices plus something sharp and smokey.

Wet: SPICES

On the test strip: Sweetly smokey spices.

Dry: This is a very dry, spicy scent on me. I think this is one that needs some time to settle. I get a bit of pencil shavings and just a hint of something sweet. I feel like this will settle into something very attractive even though as of now, it's rather aggressive. On my left arm, its a sinister spicy smokey smell. On the right arm, I'm getting smoked ham. I don't know if I get the tea note, having never smelled black tea in a perfume before. It's hard to judge since tea that you drink is a gentle smell and these gingerbread spices go for the jugular. This might make a great deodorant oil in about a month.

This is the one Yule I blind-bottled after having realized that maybe sometimes I do like SOME vetiver. And boy, am I glad. I will say this is not my typical BPAL, I would not normally smell like smoky black tea but this to me is just a letter-perfect loose black tea, smoked and waiting at the bottom of a cup. So good. 

Smoky gingerbread. It reminds me to lapsang souchong smoky tea and gingerbread. Medium throw and wear length.

i (mostly) love vetiver, i like black tea, and i'm not opposed to a bit of spicy gingerbread. 

... this smells like a wet ashtray. wtf? 

as it wears, the spices and tea assert themselves a little, but that ashtray smell is still there. truly unpleasant! 

when I wear this, the tea is front and center in the wet phase. I found this surprising based on gingerbread and vetiver both being pretty bold scent notes. the vetiver does add a lovely smoky quality to the tea, and the gingerbread definitely adds more spice than sweetness, although there is a subtle sweetness in the background, and it's not an overwhelming amount of spice. this cozy dark tea is an unexpected fav.