Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Skies Grow Red With Rending Flame

Freshly applied, fruity red musk washes over a fiery red ginger and slightly charred clove. The musk smells bold in a fruit-punch way to me -- with fruit-punch fruits.

Unfortunately the blend turns off onto an unpleasant path as it dries on my skin, as red musk sometimes does. This would work better on others.

Wet: soap and ginger and cloves

This disappeared on me within an hour or two.   There's a faint whiff of clove several hours later but I think my skin won this battle.

Well, shoot. I was hoping the effect would be something like The Sky Quivered Red Lights Like Flames of Fire HG. I adore that smell and thought maybe the red musk + ginger would match the tangy spice. Not so. This hit all the wrong notes on me. The elements I really like - red hots cinnamon candy, hot desert spices - are there. Also there, unfortunately, is something soapy and something sour - not sure if that's the blackening or the ginger. The full effect was a powdery red musk with a sour tinge.

Fruity, musky clove. This smelled like a clove + musk blend primarily. Medium throw, good wear length. If you love clove, give this a spin.

I second the preponderance of light red musk. I do get a solid hit of ginger at the beginning, and a touch of smokey clove, but this is less dark & spicy than light & powdery with a touch of spice. The throw is fairly subdued, and it's down to a close skin scent in an hour or two.

These notes sound like my JAM! I was sorely tempted to blind bottle, but I sprung for a decant.

Result: oh gods why is there Irish Spring invading my clove ginger red musk? I honestly don't smell any of those three notes. I smell something bright and "ping"y overlaying the fiercely sudsy nature of Skies. It's a bar soap kind of detergent smell, almost, er, Dial? From back in the day? I have no idea what that's doing in this blend, but it's here and it's been here for the past five months.

I really hate this. I don't smell any clove. I don't smell any red/crimson musk. I smell something that's like gingery soap. This was one of the biggest flops of the 2021 Weenies on me. Glad I decanted!

Edited by starbrow

Predominantly red musk! I love love red musk so I'm really into this one. The ginger and cloves are in the background, just supporting the red musk- on me the clove is a bit stronger than the ginger. Spicy, warm, red!