Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Third Eye Extraction

And if thy third eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee. Clotted clove and dragon’s blood resin scabbing over a pit of milky white musk, lavender absolute, and meditative mugwort.

This starts off with the white musk-doused lavender and mugwort being the dominant notes. The dragon's blood and clove don't take long to join in, but they are much softer than they usually are -- I think the white musk is helping to tame them. It stays a white musk, lavender, and mugwort blend tinged with dragon's blood and mugwort for most of the wear, but by the end of the day, it has morphed into an incense-y dragon's blood and musk backed by the herbal notes.

Dragon's blood is a tricky note for me, but it's pretty subdued here, so it's still worth a try if the other notes are up your alley! I'm not sure this is one I need a bottle of, but I think I'll hold onto my decant and see if I reach for it.

ETA: I ended up grabbing a bottle. Retesting this after it has aged for a few months, it seems stronger on the lavender, white musk, and mugwort combo that I love, with the dragon's blood and clove being very well-behaved and infusing some warmth into the cooler notes. I plan on using it as a sleep scent to help ration the Hypnotize Me from a few years back.

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the decant: Mostly white musk and lavender absolute, but they're definitely playing with some other notes. Those notes are just indeterminate at this stage. 

On my skin:

Wet, the lavender absolute shows up first, followed by white musk. And now the mugwort is detectable as well. As it dries, I get a bit of clove in the lavender, and then the dragon's blood comes out to play. It is subdued but present, and I would say it is taming the musk on me. 

This is probably the most lavender-forward of the Liliths I tried this year. Unfortunately, it was the clotted clove that spoke to (non-Virgo) me, and I miss not getting much of that. 

a lot more "cold" smelling than i was expecting.

(also it's already freezing where i live so i just dont see myself grabbing this.... i mightve liked it more if i were patient enough to wait 6 more months.....)

the white musk is really lovely, and the lavender / mugwort combo is very dreamy.

the clove / dragons blood give it a lot more background depth.

unfortunately i just don't really grab "cold" scents like this very often.... i love the way it smells, but in the end when im choosing my scent for the day or evening i havent been grabbing this one.

it's probably the sharp lavender at the top note that is feeling so "cold"

I was hoping for lots of clove and dragon's blood, but all I'm getting from this is intensely sweet lavender (like a lavender flavored bubblegum), Play-Doh and something that's reminding me of the sweet bubble bath that I had as a child.  I get nothing spicy or resinous or incense-y.  It makes me want to take a bubble bath and it feels playful and very sweet.

Edited by Little Bird

Was gifted a decant of this by a friend! 

The white musk really is milky here, although I would not say that its dairy milk, more that it goes on creamy and smooth. I get alot of mugwort and its so comforting: fresh. The lavender is well blended with the mugwort and white musk and I feel that the combined total presents as a delightful dreamy blend that would be perfect to wear anytime ones thoughts feel disheveled, or in circumstances where you feel you need to be more grounded. I keep leaning in to huff my wrist, and the overall scent presentation is one of ambivalence to change, a gentle contemplation of what is to be.  

I do not smell any clove or dragons blood resin, Thats OK as I have blends I enjoy for those notes and can not imagine it would add to my pleasure in this blend to have them be prominent. 

Adding this to my wishlist.