Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Sebaceous Lacerations

Bruise-yellow neroli and clove bud with champaca orchid, cardamom, and an oleaginous dollop of balsam.

This is very heavy on neroli on me, to the detriment of all the other notes that I hoped would be the main feature. 

Smells like a strong earl grey tea. Like burying your face in the dried tea leaves. Orchid is light but present. Does have a lightness to it. A touch of sweetness. I find this to be borderline soapy! But most florals do that to me, sadly. 

edit: not soapy! The scent next to it was extremely soapy. Actually quite pleasant and light/floral

Edited by wolf_truffles

Surprised myself at how much I enjoyed this. It started out sketchy - bitter, yellow/green, heavy on the balsam. Astringent. But somehow it developed into a golden glow of a scent, bittersweet and resinous. Kind of reminds me of Every Day You Play with the Light of the Universe (on a good day - that one is terribly fickle with me). Ultimately reminds me of the amber glow I love so much in Aglaea, minus the fruit, add some wood.

Edited to add: tested from a decant, this is one of my favorite Liliths this year. I will be looking to size up.

Edited by groovyrooby

Just an opinion, but I think this should've been named something like Rites of Ostara, Meadow Dance, Witches in Spring or something because this is #TheePerfectSpringFragrance. 

In the vial, whoa neroli, like a bright orange blossom incense in a metaphysical shop on a Spring day. Ooo, man. After a little while, there's a green slightly woody element, maybe the balsam. For a few minutes the floral bits and the powder of the resins edge slightly into toilet cake territory. This goes away quickly, and after a short while the resins deepen a bit but this remains a light, buoyant blend overall.

The ultimate effect on drydown is a gorgeous spring floral incense. I'm not even the hugest fan of neroli, sometimes it's just too sharp and bright. It really works with the champaca here. I reckon if you layered neroli with nag champa you'd get something similar to this. It reminds me of hitting the Faerie Festivals with friends. This photo of Candace Night kinda represents what I picture in my head:

Candice+Night+PQ.jpg

The only scent this really reminds me of is Doom and Bloom by Sugar and Spite (orange blossoms, earl grey tea, and lemon cake pops), which is also great, especially in soap or oil form. This is like a more incensey, witchy version of that, bright and cheerful.

Dude don't judge me but listening to old school Dolly Parton right now I just feel so damn happy, lol. I just wanna sit on the porch with friends in a cabin in the woods and forget literally everything then dance derpy in a meadow after. :lol:

Although this would have been a great Spring release, this is perfect for today, like that dark shit's far far away somewhere. Almost didn't go for a decant of this but glad I did.

Short list for a bottle. :wub2:

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

My decant has rested long enough!

At first Neroli is the star. It quickly burns out and finds a Nag Champa blanket and goes to sleep. 

Eta: this is very strong. Also, I don't smell the clove on me but I smelled it in the waft when I went back into my room, lol. Strong. Big throw. Neroli in a Nag Champa blankie.

Edited by HerbGirl

Bigsmells! this is a very big orange blossom in the bottle. My experience was v similar to RoseThornandOak. Powerful champa. I have a Japanese mock orange tree and similar big spring vibe. Settles down, still floral with a touch of soap, and slight smoke finish, actually once this chills out i feel like we can get down. The champa smell is in for the long haul but opens up and is very pretty. This is lovely and some how manages to be really powerful but soft. 

Edited by Supertrooper Omni

Neroli single note at first, which smells like creamy white blossoms scented with orange and an undertone of oily, dark green plant sap.  It's all neroli for about ten minutes and then the clove, balsam and champaca come in strong and meld together in a way that reminds me of dry, spicy cedar, incense smoke, and tortilla chips.  The clove spice gets stronger over time, but this is a very dry scent with a sour quality, so I'm not loving it as much as I usually love clove.  It makes my throat feel scratchy when I smell it, like breathing in dust and smoke.