Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Beeswax, Amber & Star Jasmine

I had to let this settle from its winter transit - when it first arrived, it was all screeching jasmine (and I love jasmine, but it was STRONG). A week later and it's settling nicely. This is definitely best worn on the skin as opposed to a locket, I think - on skin, the beeswax and amber are warmed and emerge to blend with the jasmine moreso than in the locket, where the jasmine stays front and center. It's a nice blend and on me fades to a floral, mildly smoky beeswax. 

This is all about the star jasmine on me. I've enjoyed that note in other scents where it has played less of a role (like Egle and Vasilissa), but it is too strong on me here. Very heady and sweet, almost slightly honeysuckle-like, but not quite. The beeswax and amber are buried beneath the star jasmine. I'm sure they're there, with the beeswax adding more sweetness and creaminess to the scent, but nothing can hold a candle to the floral note.

I'd be up for trying another flower and beeswax combo, but this one is not for me due to the strength of the star jasmine.

The star jasmine definitely stands out the most to me here -- heady white floral, a little indolic, but not super screechy. The beeswax mostly adds a slightly honeyed sweetness to the star jasmine. The amber's very much a background player, adding a little bit of warmth and grounding to the sweet florals. Jasmine fans will like this one.

Beeswax, Amber, and Star Jasmine is super lovely if jasmine is your thing.  I avoid scrupulously avoid jasmine, but star jasmine is usually rather nice on me, and I love beeswax and amber, so this seemed worth a shot.  It is all about the jasmine, though.  It's not indolic on me, but it is heady, and while there might be a faint sweetening from the beeswax, the amber is drowned out entirely.  It has great throw, as jasmine tends to do on me.  If you adore jasmine, don't miss this.  

I've fallen hard for this, because it's basically tropical honey. There is an element here that reminds me of the Coconut, Vanilla Bean and Tiare hair gloss, possibly the jasmine which (even though star jasmine is a different species than tiare) comes close to that tiare note on my skin. The amber and beeswax meld together in one glorious sticky nosegasm that the jasmine takes to the tropics. It's honey, but not cloyingly sweet, just rich and golden. I am definitely going to try wearing this together with the hair gloss at the risk of doing nothing but sniffing myself all day.

wow this is beautiful! i get a creamy jasmine and honey at first. this is a beautiful, heady, tropical floral. i don't get a strong sense of amber, but i think it's there in the background rounding things out and subduing the jasmine just a bit. beautiful and...now i need to find a bottle.

This stars here are the beeswax and amber. This duo creates a very interesting result...it smells like beeswax with a very dense texture. The jasmine here behaves and dances gently around the other two notes. Imagine a warmly heated beeswax, not yet melting, infused with light jasmine and amber sweetness.