Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, White Champa, and Palo Santo

I love the dead leaves and champa notes that Beth uses, but the palo santo comes across as lemony and sharp and overpowers everything. This went straight to my sinuses in a bad way and has hella throw. It's a rare scrubber for me. 😭

Wet: green, dry dead leaves. Very sharp, and a little citrusy. As it warms up it smells more and more like lemongrass with wood in the background. I was expecting more spicy oak dried leaves, but not so far.

So far I don't mind it, but I suspect this one will give me a headache.

Woah, suddenly it went powdery and now it smells like fancy laundry dryer sheets.

It's dry now and smells like fancy hand soap.

....and now it smells like clean laundry again (several hours later and it still smells like clean laundry).

This is a scent for people who like "clean" smells or want to smell like towels at a fancy spa.

Wet: I get hit with the dead leaves note followed by palo santo then the white champa. I amp the palo santo

Dry: Once this blends it is  palo santo heavy, but I get a hint of sweet incense from the white champa and the deadleaves stays close to the skin.

This is almost straight burning palo santo sticks, but the champa and deadleaves keeps it grounded. A perfect meditation scent.

I've been waiting for a good palo santo blend and this is DIVINE. I will need a backup or three.

Wet: I barely get the dead leaves note at all, and it's a little citrusy.

Dry: All of the notes blend together. It's very sweet, and perhaps incense-y without being heavy. Very calm. I think I'd want to wear this on days when I'm looking for stability, maybe even at night before going to bed. I don't think I've tried anything with palo santo before - definitely a note I might want to look out for in the future.

I got my decants a month ago, so they've rested a month.

I'm puzzled here as I hardly get a dead leaves note. It's like others said more citrusy but it also reminds me of a lush scent. It reads almost like Sakura from lush as I seem to get a slight floral note besides citrus. A whiff of the dead leaves is only far in the background hardly noticeable.

Surely I'll keep my little sample but won't go FS.

I love me some palo santo, I will order any BPAL that lists it as a component.  And its smoky yet lemony, herbal scent is really the star in this blend. If you like “clean” citrus/herbal blends, definitely check this one out!