Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fiery red musk with crushed ginger root, black upturned soil, dragon’s blood resin, clove bud, pink peppercorn, tobacco absolute, red amber, patchouli, black oud, blood-caked tar, vetiver, and cedar.

Alright my first review and first up.  Fair warning, I cannot identify any individual notes EXCEPT red musk,  ever lol Once I found red musk,  the rest didn't matter.  Anywhoo, here we go....

So in the bottle I encountered a lovely red musk blend, but of course I could tell there were layers here, waiting to be revealed.  

On the skin, back of hand test site, this presents as a gorgeous darker oil, almost burnt orange in appearance.  After application instantaneous pop of incense/spice almost herbal, but not.  The color I invisioned was an orange red, matching the visual presentation honestly.... the "spice" seems to almost turn tangy or slightly metallic until swirling and elevating a red musk hue...

Now that I've had it on nearly 30 minutes, it's settled into a gorgeous catching red musk scent, but not suffocating. It reminds me of SM, but only in the settle. This is truly a unique captivating scent. Appropriate for anytime wear,  but definitely dinner or dancing.  It's a scent that makes someome lean in again and again.

Now imagine it fresh out of the mail.... having gone through elevation changes,  temperature variations,  shake shock, etc. this was my experience!!!!  This is only going to grow more glorious ❤

Those who fear red musk, rest assured, it is a supporting actor here to me,  not the center piece. 

In the corresponding episode of “15 Minutes of ‘Fume,” our favorite Labbies describe Woman as Dragon as Volcanic. That imagery is hauntingly apropos as one ventures through layer after layer of heat. In the bottle it smells hot, spiky, and molten, but there is this tempting sweetness that runs under all that fire that makes her ever more terrifying. The pink peppercorn glitters as the ginger and clove scorch. All the while, the earthiness of the soil, tar, and patchouli remind us that her breath is one of life and death in equal measure. This fragrance is alluring and alarming. It is both lethally searing and seductively incandescent. I tend to not lean into the spicy range of fragrances, but this great infernal mother has me thoroughly enraptured through gape-mouthed awe, complete love, and utter despair. 

Musky, dirty, earthy and a crack of pepper, Woman as Dragon comes crawling from her cave with burning eyes, roaring her sacred song at the sky. The woods pull their way forward, providing strong foundation, and clove saunters around the corner with a gleam in its eye. 

She’s a drier, woods-centered scent, cloaked in red musk and prickly spices making it extra sexy. I was hoping for more of the resins to shine/gleam/ooze forward, yet this experience is gorgeous in its own dark feminine way. 

The resins might come forth more in time (and I’m thinking may be the last notes standing, I’ll come update, if so). I don’t differentiate the ginger from the other spices until later in the wear, it’s a bit sweeter than clove or pepper. Also, I hope to experience that blood-caked tar! 

I can feel this being a great power scent, when some tough shit needs to be taken care of, or some dominating sexy time is about to take place. :smite:  

Update: the last note standing is vetiver... no surprise to me. Hah! 

Edited by artisjok

Woman as Dragon starts out intense; not seductive, more like suffocating, with a huge waft of red musk based with fiery spices. The ginger isn't lemony, it's got that burn of real ginger root. The peppercorn adds a subtle, unexpected spiciness. I can't smell the dirt or any of the “blood-caked tar.”

This is a very smoky, spicy, but also slightly sweet blend on my skin. Very accurate for a dragon. Not getting any blood notes, not even the dragon's blood resin. It's mostly the red musk, soil, tobacco, patchouli, ginger, and peppercorn. I think the faint sweetness is coming from the amber, but I'm not sure because there's a lot going on with this it can be tricky picking out the individual notes.

It's a very strong scent, but it stays pretty close to the skin on me. It's sinister and interesting, and pretty sexy too. I wish the throw was stronger, but then again this scent might not be for everyone. This was an unexpected surprise, and while I can't see myself reaching for this often, I do enjoy this for a special occasion.

Received as a decant. Wow! It's an explosion, like the title suggests. Very strong, femme, & exudes power. I'm mostly getting dragon's blood right now, but when I first put it on I smelled the earth note, patchouli, & oud. I'm smelling ginger & pink peppercorn as the last faint notes leftover.

Edited by Rane.

Very dry and spicy at first.  I would have guessed black pepper, clove and red ginger over dry woods.  The tar, tobacco and vetiver give it a gritty, smoky, ashy edge that only gets stronger on me over time.  I actually wish that the red musk and dragon's blood were stronger on me because I like the glowing, red quality of them and the red musk gives this scent its little bit of sweetness.  As it dries down, I really don't care for this too much because it smells so much like a smoldering pile of ash on my skin and leans a little towards dirty ash tray scent.

I had to buy a bottle after I received an imp from a swap. Like I said, it's an explosion. Even tho it says, "Woman as Dragon", it is totally unisex. Right out of the bottle wet it is ginger root, & earthy, pleasant & gritty-smelling almost. The red musk, & patchouli with a pink peppercorn hit is quite nice, too; a great combo. The dragon's blood resin smells amazing, & I wonder how the lab does this. As far as I know, dragon's blood resin as an oil is scentless, so this must be a lovely secret bouquet recipe, In My Opinion. I cannot distinguish the other notes without reading the list. I really love this scent. It radiates power & focus. I think this is in my top 5 favorites!

Edited by Rane.

Ooooooo... this one is right in my wheelhouse. Sultry, thick, resinous and woody red musk. The oil is dark and syrupy. The ginger and clove at a nice fiery bite in the opening, and the red musk has almost a fruity quality -  like rich port. The Amber becomes more obvious as this dries down and calms a bit, and the woods and patchouli just add a dark luxurious backdrop. This is a lot, and very sexy. I am here for it. I might have to get a bottle even though I already have way too many of these kinds of fragrances.

If you like the lab's "bloody" fragrances, ala Bloodlust, The Deluge of Blood, and Marianne, this is one to try.

Edited by VetchVesper