Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

The Kangaroo

A dry, grassy scent with touches of cinnamon, lemon, and what I assume is bushnut. It's pleasant, atmospheric, and definitely different from anything else in my collection so far. 

Nutty cinnamon, grass, moss, and in general smells warm, foodie, and golden. But yeah, mainly nutty cinnamon. Great throw and wear length.

This is really lovely. The bush nut is the most prominent note on me. It rests on a bed of moss and dry grass with touches of the cinnamon and lemon myrtle. It's warm, nutty, and comforting. The cinnamon myrtle isn't straight-up cinnamon, so there's no cinnabomb here, and the lemon myrtle is like a ray of sunshine, adding a happy, hopeful quality to the scent instead of a blast of lemon.

I wasn't sure how this would work with its list of notes, but The Kangaroo is such a pleasant surprise. If you're looking for a nice, warm, nutty scent, look no further. I'm glad I bought a bottle.

Cozy? I want a snuggy? This blend is definitely a warm comfort. I didn't expect the homey feeling I get from it as the first impression, even before I notice notes.

Then, I get toasted cinnamon nuts and dried, mossy grass, followed by an airy, non-intrusive edge of lemon. 

The lemon myrtle surprises me by growing in drydown. Possibly I'm amping it, because it gets about as strong as the bush nut.

Actually, the lemon myrtle gets to be a bit much on me, but I loved the first phase.

I think I was expecting something different. This totally reminds me of brown sugar and cinnamon instant oatmeal.

On 2/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, torikitty said:

This totally reminds me of brown sugar and cinnamon instant oatmeal.

Same, but without the brown sugar.  It's like cinnamon oatmeal.  It reminds me a lot of Halfling.

In the Bottle:
Nutty cinnamon and grass.  Nice

On the Skin:
While the nut note was, initially, alarming, it melds in with the dry grass note and the lemon myrtle emerges.  Lovely, smelly very dry and toasted.   perfect for the theme.

On the Drydown:
Almost bakery foody.  The lemon myrtle takes a front seat as it does, underpinned by the other elements.  Gorgeous, unique and masterful.

In the bottle, I get nutty sweetness. As it dries, any initial nutty or grassy notes are completely dwarfed by sweetness and powder, until that's all that's left. Very disappointing.