Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Often found with Aegirine, a mineral named after Aegir, the jötunn of the ocean. A deep, inky scent, as shadowed and strange as an abyssal trench: a salt-crusted black musk with black orchid, luminescent jasmine, water lily, and kelp.

In the imp this is a very dark salty aquatic. Very much the sea not freshwater, bordering on masculine. On my skin the jasmine picks up and helps soften the dark musk and salty/kelpy aspects. Settled on the skin the overall effect is lighter, still salty and dark in tone but not as intense if that makes sense, with the water lily and black orchid really coming through. It becomes more of an dark-toned aquatic floral, with the black musk and salt being more accessory elements than the main event. 

Neptunite is a dark, salty oceanic blend on the imp wand (Elder Gods/Cthulhu-like in mood) and develops its flowers on the skin.

Wet on my skin: Dark, salty ocean, black musk, and black orchid, mostly. Jasmine steps up after a few minutes.

And dry: The salty ocean continues strong, but the flowers dim somewhat.

This blend brings to mind the homicidal mermaids in Rolling in the Deep.

Take Aegir, the Lunacy, which was a sea-faring masculine lavender, and then give it a Tom Ford makeover by draping it in black orchid and black musk, and amping it up to 11. Is that more like Alexander McQueen? No idea. Great throw and wear length. Aggressive, salty, lavender.

Literally just got this in the mail about ten minutes ago.  Something about the notes grabbed me on a swap page.

Wet: This smells like something I used to have.  Sea of Glass? I haven't had it for years (like a decade so I could be totally wrong) but that's what came to mind.  That but heavy.

Dry:

L wrist - masculine aquatic

R wrist - dark salt aquatic (with flowers popping in and out)

I feel like this is more Pisces than the Pisces scent.   The song "Murmaider II: The Water God" popped in my head.  Upthread, @Casablanca said homicidal mermaids. Great minds...

Edit:

Morning after - delightfully salty on both wrists 

Edited by DigitalCoyote

In the Bottle:
Very salty and cold in the bottle. Musky

On the Skin:
Deep and dark.  Cold.  The salty/ozonic qualities amplify with the warmth of the skin.  The florals are lovely, just on the verge of screechy but never getting there.

On the Drydown:
As this dries down, it amalgamates into a salty aquatic jasmine.  Jasmine is not a note that I normally enjoy but I am really liking this.  It goes through a short phase where it smells gritty and tarry and then back midnight florals. 

In the bottle: Salty aquatic cologne. Almost like one of those really really nice aquatic candles you'd find in a high-end oceanside rental condo, actually, but in perfume form. 

Wet on my skin: This is very much a masculine, salty aquatic cologne as it goes on my skin. It's allll musky-salty sea water and kelp right now.

Dry: Okay, so I took a risk and blind-bottled this because of the reviews that stated things like "homicidal mermaids" and "Murmaider II: The Water God" (BRB gonna go play some Dethklok on my bass). Aquatics tend to be disappointing on my skin, especially the kind using grapefruit as a base. Here, however, I am not at all disappointed. After a few minutes of smelling like Jason Momoa as Aquaman, it settles down and becomes somewhat more unisex as the floral elements join the musky, kelpy salt water. Out of all the flowers in this, I'd actually say the orchid is the strongest of the three on me, then the jasmine, and just a hint of lily. None of them are particularly strong on me, however, and the floral notes are evenly matched with the salty black musk and kelp. Jasmine can amp on my skin a little (I still wear it tho) and lily tends to go soapy, but it appears that those properties have been well and truly reined in! I'm so glad for that, and that this is an aquatic that actually works well on me! It's a dark, cool, slightly dangerous sort of scent that wouldn't be out of place on a homicidal mermaid...or Jason Momoa as Aquaman, I suppose. We're equal opportunity here. 

This scent lasts ~5 hours on the backs of my hands/wrists and ~6-7 in the crooks of my elbows. That's actually very long-lasting for an aquatic on my skin, so another bonus there. 

On me, this is one half salty, cold, aquatic cologne with the black musk making the oceanic tone feel deeper, darker and more sinister to me (cue the thalassophobia), and the other half a sharp, perfumey, jasmine scented soap.  It reminds me specifically of a jasmine scented scrub that I had recently that was soapy and had a lot of charcoal powder in it; Neptunite reminds me of the scent and feel of that scrub.  I think that I would really like this without the floral notes, if it were left as a kinda spooky, darker, salty aquatic cologne.  The black musk smells a little smoky on me in the drydown, like someone starting a fire off in the distance on the rocky shoreline.  I usually really appreciate scents that smell both traditionally masculine and traditionally feminine to me and mix elements of both, but the florals are just going a little too sharp on my skin.  Still, I enjoyed experiencing this one.