Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Deliciously chocolate!

In the bottle~Dark, not too sweet, not too bitter, chocolate!

On the skin~First smells like I just poured Hershey's syrup all over me and then quickly transforms into a dark, decadent lava cake.

Dries down~A devilishly tempting lava cake that slowly fade to warm baked brownies...the gooey kind...that you want to eat while watching Hocus Pocus....

Gooey chocolate cake with a whiff of orange. On the drydown I get whiffs of cocoa, and cocoa butter, and vanilla. Sadly the vanilla in this isn't the kind that works for my skin chemistry. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: SO MUCH CHOCOLATE. It actually smells like lava cakes, with the molten center and everything!

Dry: The molten part has faded but it's still all chocolate cake.

Two hours in: Sometimes chocolate turns to sunscreen on me, which is the weirdest progression but that's what this one is doing, alas. However, at this point, a vanilla note is more prominent so I don't mind all that much.

Low throw for me, but that might be because my skin burned through the delicious chocolate-y goodness that came through at the beginning.

EDIT: Lasted all 13-ish hours between me leaving the house and getting home from work, though by the time I washed it off, it was just a faint trace of vanilla and a ghost of chocolate. Loved it.

Edited by highgarden

Bliss (the perfume oil) in the bottle — that pure chocolate note. Goes on as a definitely molten chocolate. (HOW DO YOU MAKE CHOCOLATE SMELL MOLTEN, BETH, YOU ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD) This becomes more like liquid cocoa sludge as it dries, although made with water and not milk. Finishes as very similar to Chad from American Gods.

Gorgeous chocolate.

I was trying to talk myself out of buying a bottle of this because I own so many chocolate scents already, but this really smells like chocolate lava cake or brownies that are purposely underbaked so that they are still gooey on the inside (my favorite!).  Warm, cake-y, fudgey chocolate that lasts all day on my skin.  It does remind me of Chad a bit, but Chad has more of a caramelized edge to it (like fully cooked brownies with a swirl of caramel on top) and this has more of a creamy, pure, gooey chocolatey feel to it on my skin, if that makes sense.  In any case, you can never have too many chocolate fragrances.

Wet: SPOT. ON. Chocolate lava cake. You can smell the gooey inside and everything. IMO, this is more dark chocolate than milk. Also, she has some STRONG throw!

Dry: This remains pretty much spot-on to the wet stage, just a little lighter in throw.

It's not one of my favorite chocolate scents, but I like it enough to hold on to my decant.

Yes.  As advertised, Birthday Surprise is pure deep dark gooey chocolate.  It's not terribly complex, but it's not trying to be.  If chocolate scents work on you, this one is terrific.  I can't stop sniffing my wrist.  Decent wear length, not much throw (which is normal on me). 

A near one-note, not overly complex chocolate. The chocolate is very rich and sweet, though on my skin there was almost a too-sweet note that gave it that "fake chocolate" scent. It wasn't the most prominent but if I took a deep inhale I could get it. Still very pleasing overall.
If it comes across a little too sweet on its own (as it did on me), consider combining it with a bit of "The Empty Coffin", a rose, oud, and wood perfume blend- they combine and suddenly it smells like I'm in some cushy, dark country club with the warm smell of wood and chocolate whiskey in the air. I have no idea how they managed to mix like that but I'm in love with how they combine.