Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Saturday Morning

Coconut, lemongrass, and amber. This smells like tropical coconut fun. Comfy, cozy, coconut. Great throw and wear length.

Sweet coconut... bananas?

I get sweet coconut milk, creamy bananas, and a little lemongrass on my skin. I like this, but it makes me think "chewy tropical sunblock."

I love this and hope it gets some more attention! That lemongrass top note is the first thing I get upon application, but then a buttery Obatala-like coconut emerges underneath and it’s glorious. Amber can be pretty aversive on me, and I’m not getting it here; it might be giving it a little warmth in the background. No overt lavender, either. Just a tiny tropical party that whispers rather than screams.

I get a big blast of lemongrass at first with some dandelion behind it. Once the lemongrass starts to calm down, the coconut milk takes its place, and it becomes a predominantly coconut scent on me for a while, backed by some lemongrass and amber. After a few hours, the amber becomes one of the main players on me as the coconut and lemongrass take up supporting roles. I didn't get any lavender from this, sadly.

This is a nice summery type of scent, perfect for those that love coconut and lemongrass. That's not really my thing, though, and since I was hoping for more lavender, grass, and dandelion, I don't think I'll hold on to my decant.

Yes, this smells exactly as I hoped! Definitely a happy and sunny smell, good to combat the cold weather that's coming.

In the bottle I smell a big blast of grass and dandelion, but it's a bit sharp. 

On my skin, those scents immediately fade to the background and I get a soft and creamy lemongrass/coconut smell that is not too bright or sweet. Just right. 

Forgot I had a decant of this on hand, so. In the decant, I get the amber, coconut, and lemongrass -- bright, sunny, and summery. The coconut and lemongrass seriously amp up once on, heightening the summery impression. After drydown, the lemongrass and coconut settle down a bit, making more room for the amber and a hint of dandelion. I have a hard time picking out the lavender and grass notes. Overall impression: a little tropical, very summery, generally bright and happy. Will definitely reach for my decant more come summer.

Saturday Morning is delightful.  It's a beachy lemony coconut with some bright green notes and a little lavender.  On me, lavender usually comes on strong at first and fades immediately; this lavender was never strong but didn't disappear either.  Super cheerful, which makes it an excellent shelter in place scent, with better throw than I usually get and great wear length.