Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Thirteen (13): September 2019

This version of 13 is a departure from our usual theme for this ongoing project. So many of us are going through so much right now; it seems right to make an oil that contains 13 herbs, flowers, and resins of peace, tranquility, and grounding: lavender, litsea cubeba, sandalwood, ylang ylang,  king mandarin, patchouli, blue tansy, Roman chamomile, bergamot, Oman frankincense, angelica, hops, and borage.

In the bottle, this comes across as lavender-dominant with other herbal notes, with the resins giving it depth. Upon application, my skin really amps the resins, but the lavender doesn't completely go away. After drydown, the heavy resins soften a bit. Despite the strong resins, this is relatively low throw, and it takes an effort to detect it on my skin after about four hours. Lavender and frankincense are the notes that stand out most to me, both in the bottle and while it's morphing on my skin. If you're not a fan of frankincense (or generally resinous scents), you might want to skip this one, but otherwise this scent definitely captures the grounding, peaceful vibe mentioned in the description.

Uhhh, Florida Water is that you? This 13 smells heavily of Florida Water to me. I get lavender, sandalwood, ylang ylang, mandarin, chamomile, bergamot and a whiff of hops and borage. There's some resins in the background, but its this floral lavender with herbs and other things. Good throw and wear length.

Very calming and soothing.