Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

The Catholic

Nothing too unexpected here. It's the lab's frank note plus the airy, floral ozone from Becoming Thunder, et al. They combine into something commercial/generic like dryer sheets. Fresh linen maybe. The drydown is all frank.

This is the perfect scent to try after testing Non-Compliant. After you've been deemed NC, it is time to confess and get CLEAN.

The Catholic features clean ozone over some frankincense. I generally prefer my resins to be sweetened by something, and thus, am not typically drawn toward church-y scents, but this is nice. I agree with supreme_c0rt's description of this ozone, which does kind of have like a fresh linen aspect to it after it has been on the skin for a while. As the ozone softens, the frankincense gains strength, but doesn't overtake the ozone on me: it ends up being a pretty evenly balanced mixture of both.

I don't need a bottle of this, but I like it more than I thought I would. I think I'd wear this when I am wanting a different sort of clean scent, or perhaps before bedtime.

The Catholic is straight Nag Champa incense on me, which I personally love.  I'm all about the fragrance of Nag Champa, but I can't burn it because I get all snotty and sneezy when I do, so I'm happy to find a perfect replication of the scent in perfume form. 

I'll probably invest in a bottle and experiment with layering some different notes so that I'm not wafting pothead vibes when in the company of the general public (still frowned upon in my geopolitical region, 🖕🖕🖕 Kansas!). Cuz, yeah...I totally feel like a walking headshop today. 

ETA: I just tested my lab-fresh bottle, and I can definitely smell the ozone, whereas I didn't really get that note from the Ajevie decant I initially tested.  It seems that the ozone dissipates with a little aging.  

Edited by Amazonia
Additional info

In the imp this smells a lot like a softer sweeter Lightning to me. Lighter on the ozone, with a good dose of sweetened citrus. Flat Sprite but make it perfume. (In a good way!) On my skin I get mostly church incense, a good dose of frankincense. This blend is soooo pretty. A bit on the sweeter side with that beautiful slightly powdery effect. I get just a tiny bit of a clean lift from the ozone and citrus behind it. It's overall pretty soft on my skin, and I think a clean enough type that it could be good for work. 

The ozone really compliments the incense notes. I do get that frankincense, but perhaps the ozone is giving it that warmth or spice I sometimes get a whiff of. Mmm that ozone note takes me to another dimension.

In Bottle:  *Fresh* incense. I don't know if I can describe it any better than that!  It is like incense that has been rolled in freshly cleaned laundry. 

Wet, On Skin:  Whoa! Completely different. The ozone really takes hold of the frankincense and they come screaming out together Strangely (?). It is really reminding me of All Souls right now, but heavier on the frankincense.  There's a red currant vibe there that I was completely not expecting. 

Dry, On Skin:  That juicy red currant (whatever that was!) is fading now and ozone is hanging farrrrrr into the background. The resins are really humming now. I smell like Midnight Mass and my favourite crystal shop all rolled together, and that is pretty much my ideal state of being. *laughs*   What's great is that although these resins are sweetish on me, it is definitely incense that is lit and burning ... there's a slight smokiness to it. Love. I'm getting less frankincense and more Nag Champa now, which I adore.

Later: Nag Champa in the best way.  Good throw and wear length. Love!!

You BET I blindly purchased a bottle of this. I'm a big fan of The Divine Scientist and frankincense in general. IMO: The Catholic doesn't have quite as far a throw, and also fades quicker than than The Divine Scientist. But I still love that sacred incense vibe. Not so much of a American headshop sort of way, but more like a Buddhist supply store in Chengdu. Or bringing down dusty Christmas equipment from the dimly lit cathedral attic (I was an altar kid for like 4 years, ok?)

Also: Go read the Bitch Planet graphic novels folks, they are bomb.