Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Ina Garten Davita

Gynotize!

Well, this is lovely! A very pretty rose musk, that I think will work for people who can't typically wear rose. It's hazy and musky (for lack of a better description). The cherry is really prominent at first, but then melds into the musk seamlessly to create a candied rose musk scent. The cherry note is the awesome one that the Lab has been using recently--it's bright red and candied and doesn't go funky or cough drop-y. This one smells more like cotton candy than Gynotize! to me. This is a fun, pretty, and youthful scent.

Candied cherry rose musk. This one is cherry red in vibe. It's got sugar, cherry, and musk. Oddly appropriate for a younger girl who is into candy sweet blends. Good throw and wear length. 

Unhelpful review: my skin completely wrecked Gynotize!.  I tested it twice to be sure.

It went on as bold cherry, with skin musk & a hint of rose. Over the next 10 minutes, the cherry blast dissipated. What emerged was...extra-virgin olive oil accord. I kid you not. 

Starts off as straight cherry hard candy. As it wears, I get more and more rose, but the sugary, cherry flavored candy still dominates. On me, this smells very close to Rose Jam from Lush.

For me, wet this is like someone poured a mix of cherry flavored children's liquid Tylenol and Peacock Queen on me. Once dried down though, pure cherry candied rose. I really love this one. Was huffing my wrists all day at work.

Gynotize! is exactly as described. It starts off heavy on the cherry at first (and it's a deep cherry, without an almond vibe to it, and not candied like in Un), but the rose musk grows stronger with wear, so that the scent becomes exactly what it says it is: cherry-slapped rose musk. (The cherry is somewhat lozenge-like by this point, though.)

I like Un better (and I did not upgrade to a bottle of that), and Rapture Pig is definitely more my thing than this one (as it more sugary), so I don't need more Gynotize! in my life. (I'm kind of relieved, as I have plenty of rose scents in my collection already!) It was nice to get to try it, though. :)

Got this because I wanted a cherry scent and boy did I get a cherry scent!

It was almost all cherry when I first smelled it in the bottle, I actually feel it did have an almond vibe to it contrary to another comment here; a bitter, tangy cherry - my favourite kind.

The rose musk really comes through on the skin, especially with wear. It becomes a very lovely blend of almost equal parts cherry and rose, the musk makes it almost creamy while the cherry keeps its tartness so even though my skin tends to bring out the sweetness in a lot of scents, it doesn't go too sugary even on me.

Lasted about 4-5 hours on me which was pretty nice too (this was on my wrists and I definitely did wash my hands a few times so it might be even longer lasting if applied somewhere you don't repeatedly wash throughout the day!)

Edited by Moonbell

As a cherry fiend, I will chase down anything that has a prominent cherry note (interpret that as you will).

What a cherry blast of a start! Strong candied red cherry! It was beautiful but fleeting (however it lasts longer than Blood Squib on me). The transition to the rose musk was weird - we had a baby powder phase that isn't terrible...and it lingers. Then I get into a green leaning fresh rose... And from there it's between baby powder and fresh rose. No cherry anywhere in the dry down on me, whomp whomp.