Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Frankincense, rose resin, white patchouli, rockrose, and stone.

The stone note is very true in this, and cool and lovely. More than anything, it smells like if you lit a thread of frankincense on an ancient stone altar that someone had rubbed down with rose petals the night before. Very atmospheric and evocative, with the patchouli and rockrose not distinct, but rather adding to the air of something serene and sacred. It has a relatively short lifespan on me, perhaps four hours, but it's so lovely and unique that I can easily forgive having to reapply.

Cool stone, frankincense, and a whiff of rose. This one is a cool frankincense blend. Medium throw, low wear length.

Powerful incense when first applied, but has short wear life. A lot like Cathedral plus rose.

This one has some serious throw on me.

It's a dark, church-y scent. The frankincense, stone, and rose are the main players, and the white patchouli ends up joining them on the center stage after a few hours.

I love the Lab's stone note, but I am generally not a fan of resins plus rose, so Gargoyle Junk is not for me. But those that enjoy churchy blends should definitely give this one a try.

Wet phase, the frankincense is sweet...smells like hope and fear set free.

Drydown, frankincense is even with the rose resin. Rockrose is muted, only a touch of floral brightness. Definite dry stone smell but not overwhelming. Closer to a white marble.

Has a dry early autumn feel, like uhhh when you attend a country fair- the smell of the dry dirt walkpath surrounded by acres of grass, wildflowers, hay bales and (yes) rocks. Nicely nostalgic!

Frankincense!  The frank is the dominant note on me here.  I had A Woman Practicing Calligraphy on my other wrist, and while that is definitely a rose scent on me, the rose component in Gargoyle Junk is much fainter on my skin.  (Plus I'm not really sure what rockrose smells like.)  This is a lovely ecclesiastical frank that twines together with a dry patchouli and the cool stone note.  I think it captures the medieval architecture feel very well.  

Frankincense and rock-rose is what I primarily get.  If you're looking for a rose blend, you might be disappointed.  This is a dark, resinous blend in the vein of Ecclesiophobia and other "churchy" incenses.  I don't really get any kind of cool, stone vibe, but this works nicely with the Gothic gargoyle image.  I prefer my incenses to be more of the hippy and opium den variety though.  😜 

Edited by VetchVesper

Has a mineral smell to it from the "stone" note. It lends some toughness to the rose resin, & rockrose. Rockrose I have never encountered before. My impression is a sharp, faint rose, with white patchouli & frankincense powdering down the sharpest features of this Gargoyle & his "junk". Creative, smells spectacular, but I might send this one off as a swap.

The frankincense and stone remind me of Cathedral -- sacred, imposing. The slight earthy sweetness from the patchouli and rose offsets the solemnity a little. I love me some resin blends, so I don’t necessarily need to go searching for a  bottle but I’m happy to have my decant!