Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
VioletChaos

The Mystery of Giant Testicles on a Brothel Visitor

Beeswax, sandalwood incense, ti leaf, roasted nuts, and bamboo.

In The Bottle: Sweet, creamy beeswax (YUM) and a hint of the roasted nuts. NOMNOMNOM.

Wet On Skin: The beeswax is definitely in the lead here, with the nuts adding a bit of salt. I'm not getting the greenery of bamboo or ti leaf, and I don't detect anysandawood at this stage, either.

Dry Down: One of those scents that really stays true from bottle to dry down, this oil has a low throw, stays close to the skin (as many Shungas tend to do in my experience) and is quietly delectable. Beeswax from the lab tends to age extraordinarily well, and I'm excited to see where this goes, because it's already eminently wearable straight out of the mailbox!😋

Beeswax, salty nuts and incense. Oh look, its cream and nuts! Apply all the innuendo at all levels.

Creamy, salty, and nutty. Great throw and wear length.

Aromatic and foody in the imp.  I'm getting something akin to almonds mixed with molasses from the roasted nuts, and I can smell the beeswax.  This becomes less sweet as the beeswax overtakes the nuts.  I detect sandalwood, but it's subtle and grounding rather than prominent. It or the ti leaf is adding a gentle, woody spice to the beeswax.   I don't ever get anything I would associate with bamboo, nothing green.  The beeswax teeters on the brink between a woody aromatic and gourmand.  I'm ambivalent towards beeswax, but if it's your jam, this is worth a sniff.

On 3/12/2019 at 11:30 AM, zankoku_zen said:

Beeswax, salty nuts and incense. Oh look, its cream and nuts! Apply all the innuendo at all levels.

This is exactly my experience & response to this scent! The sandalwood works so well to make the nuts appealing to me. lol The beeswax is super creamy. It’s actually very cozy and comforting to me. I imagine it would be great fun to have someone compliment the scent, then tell them the name and watch their face as they process and comprehension dawns... hehe 🙃

I’m trying to imagine what the ti leaf and bamboo would be like in this mix if I could detect them....

I’m a fan of beeswax scents, but I already have two bottles that feature it as a primary note. I’ll enjoy the decant, but won’t need to buy a bottle (swap-worthy, though). 

The wear length is great so far! 

Update: Wearing this today, I’m definitely picking up the ti leaf now. (Helps that I also have a beeswax atmo sprayed in the house simultaneously to compare.) It’s like a fresh aura the wraps around the other notes, yet never asserts itself as the main attraction, just sets the mood to deliver the others. I’ve grabbed a couple more decants since the first review, and would be glad to have more. I’m also really excited to try it the new Monk RPG scent (Sandalwood incense, ti leaf, and honeyed saffron.)! 

Edited by artisjok

In the decant, I mostly smell the beeswax and the roasted nuts with a bit of ti leaf.

On me, I get a ton of bright ti leaf at first. Once the scent is dry, the roasted nuts make themselves known (they're a little salty), and then the sweet beeswax emerges, followed by the sandalwood incense. These three end up being the main players on me, with the roasted nuts taking the lead. The sandalwood incense is the same one that was used in Meditation Buddy, so if you liked that note, and you like beeswax and don't mind roasted nuts, you might enjoy this one, too. The ti leaf returns after a while and joins these notes, lifting the blend a little.

I like this (and I love Beth's humor), but I prefer the beeswax and sandalwood of (Not So) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene, with its vanilla ice cream instead of salty nuts, so no bottle for me. I think I'll hang on to the decant, though!

Edited by doomsday_disco

In the same family as Mexican long-tounged bat and sweet potato musk, but less agressive than the other two.

Roasted nuts (I was hoping for peanuts, but it is more of a cashew) with the honey from beeswax mimics caramel, and something slightly creamy.

Just a hint of tea leaf and sandalwood in the background. No bamboo the be found.

Not my thing, but if you like BPALs caramel or toasted nut/rice scents, you should try this.

Edited by Biocarbons

Call me a prissy virgo, but I was afraid to smell this based on name alone. Puhh. What the hell was I scared of? This smells GREAT! 

Beeswax and perfumey ti leaf are recognizable without suggestion. Warm and earthy with the nuts and sandalwood. Surprising... not overtly "brown". Hearth-y, like think the tops of the Yules collection. Another lupers winner...man this is gonna be a 30 bottle order at the end of all the testing, at this rate.....

In the bottle: Quite similar to salted caramel, interestingly. 

Wet on my skin: Sweet, creamy beeswax and a lightly salted nut note, along with something else I can't identify. Ti leaf, maybe? It still smells a little caramel-like. 

Dry: As this dries, a whiff of the sandalwood incense joins that sweet, creamy beeswax and the perfumey note that I think is the ti leaf. The slightly salty roasted nuts aren't as prominent now, becoming a background note. Now, the honey emerges from the beeswax, and that sweetens the blend. Once it reaches that stage, my brain finally stops trying to read it as salted caramel, for the most part. It's not quite gourmand, but also not quite perfumey, but it is very nice and I'm happy to have it. I don't have many beeswax blends in my collection, so this is a nice addition.