Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

There is nothing mysterious or enigmatic about my kiddo’s smile. Her joy, laughter, and good cheer radiate delight and are impossible to eclipse, even when she’s jetlagged and exhausted.

Bright Italian bergamot, pink grapefruit, sweet California sage, and glittery white musk.

I got zesty grapefruit, a touch of bergamot and sage over white musk. This one however my skin ate up in an hour. 

La Joconde is a clean and uplifting citrus scent. The pink grapefruit and bergamot are the stars of the show at first, with a bit of sage and white musk in the background, but the white musk asserts itself over time and ends up becoming one of the most prominent notes. After a few hours, the white musk and bergamot are the dominant notes on me, followed by the pink grapefruit, with just a hint of sage in the background.

If you're wondering how this compares to Beware: Pickpockets!, which also features pink grapefruit, this one is much cleaner and lacks the oomph of Beware: Pickpockets!, which is still going strong on the citrus after three hours of wear. They are different enough to warrant trying both, but if I had to choose between the two, I'd choose Beware: Pickpockets! hands down.

I really enjoy this, but I preferred the scent during its first hour of wear, before the white musk became a main player. I probably don't need a bottle (unless I decide I want more to wear in a locket -- I'll have to see how much damage the other Winter Travelogues do first), but I'm definitely going to hang on to my decant! :)

Edited by doomsday_disco

Bergamot, grapefruit, and musk. While still a bright, citrus scent, the musk rounds it out and adds a certain depth to it. I cannot detect the sage, maybe it's adding to the musk. Overall, a very beautiful, musky citrus scent. My favorite of the Winter Travelogues so far.

This is youthful, pretty, and playful: a pink musky bergamot-grapefruit blend.

It's more perfumey and has less citrus zing than I expected, and the white musk goes a little powdery on me. But not too much... I also keep thinking I'm getting some other quirky and fun note that I can't place, something fruity or floral. Whatever it is, I'm digging this combination. Except for the perfumey, powdery quality...

I'm going to enjoy this decant a lot! Just need to figure out if it's too powdery for a bottle.

Ordered : TPP Decant Circle

Sniff: SUPER uplifting gentle citrus blend

Skin: Surprisingly subtle and gentle on me. It's happy and light, but not exactly zippy. Really smooth and mellow considering the listed notes. Almost feels vanilla-y to me, must just be the sage and musk?

Dry: Continues to be surprisingly creamy. Not super strong through after about an hour, just a soft gentle skin-scent for me. A little bit floral-esq/incense which I'm thinking is all white musk.

Verdict: White Musk skin-scent. Lovely in it's own right, but not what I expected.

Bright, juicy grapefruit.  I can't really tell if it's the pink or yellow, I think because the bergamot is also present and confusing my nose.  Oh man, I'm a sucker for citrus, (especially grapefruit), and this does not disappoint.  Sometimes I have a problem with white musk, it becomes screeching on me, but it behaves here.  Hopefully this will last on my skin, as citrus blends sometimes do a disappearing act, but so far, so good.  I will add this imp to my collection, and won't turn down any more that come my way.

ETA:  Gone within the hour.  Such a disappointment.

Edited by milo

I bought this for a friend and oh my god it's SO beautiful i am tempted to keep it! (I won't post this until i send it to her though because I know she checks these reviews regularly, so if you're reading it, I did the right thing, guys.)  Immediately on it's an intensely pretty, sparkly white musk - like this is the best of white musk, if you like that note as she and I do - with a glorious citrus type overlay. because it's composed of such tart notes, it's almost dry, and reminds me a little of champagne (except the lab's champagne note is soapy on me and this isn't).  Unlike a lot of reviewers, I found this lasted on my skin for many hours.  It was the white musk that had the most longevity for me, but the grapefruit lasted a long time too.  I hope she loves it!