Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second reindeer say, Come and see.

And there went out another snowman that was red: and power was given to him to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.

Blood-soaked snow, ice-rimmed steel, red tobacco, crushed strawberries, and red licorice.

The oil is very red. It's mainly a strawberry tobacco musk with a whiff of snow and sugar (which I am assuming is the red licorice). It's actually much more approachable than I thought. I am mainly amping up the strawberry and the tobacco. It's a sweet, red, blend on me. Good throw and wear length.

Mrs. Z_Z provides insight I'm sometimes need. I'm so glad I read her review before swapping this off. It deserves a proper review. I WISH it was strawberry and tobacco, I feel like that blend would be amazing!

I couldn't remember the notes when I first received this in the mail, so my husband tried it, and it smelled horribly feminine on him. Now I know why.

Trying it on myself, there is a greenish note that I can't pin down. It could be coming from the steel or blood snow note. Like, kinda acrid and resiny. I would guess there could be a hint of Dragon's Blood, or maybe it's a really different note that I'm unfamiliar with would be red tobacco. To me, this is overly sweet, like super artificial candy with a plastic background and red musk. I really wanted to like this, but it's not working on me.

This one is interesting...I can't directly place the notes but it's a super nostalgic scent for me...brings to mind the Skelanimals Marci Monkey spray....or possibly one of those cheap "Body Fantasies" sprays....but it's not quite any of those....also kind of reminds me of this cupboard in my grandmother's house growing up where she kept her nail polish and extra soaps and cleaning supplies and a few like Avon body sprays....

This one is super bizarre on me, but I think I like it.

Wet: Straight to the point - tobacco and steel. This is surprisingly light on the skin, I expected it to have a much greater throw.

Dry: Super light tobacco, and what smells like..  red musk? Blood musk? Not really sure. It's so light on my skin, that it's hard to tell what it is.

I've tried this twice now.  I spent a long time trying to figure it out (read: huffing myself) and it got my mom's attention.  She made a face--the same face when she smells Western Diamondback--and said it smelled like a "[me]" kind of smell without elaborating on what that meant.  Maybe she means confusing; in contrast, her current favorite isn't as complicated in terms or scent or morphing.

1st test (a four days ago):

Wet: clean metal and snow

Just dry:  I AM A TIGERBLOOD SNOW CONE!!! 

Dry dry: snow and candy (Red Vines)

Post drydown: strawberry and plastic candy (that Twizzler kind of smell but more pleasant) and something warm I can't place (tobacco?)

2nd test (today):

Wet: tobacco and the metal smell from Metal Phoenix

Just dry: tobacco and snow

Dry dry: snow and something warm to keep it from going too sweet.

Post drydown: warm, vaguely sweet, spicy with snow and metal popping their heads out occasionally 

I'm gonna blame my body for the swing from sugar bomb to sturdy fall perfume/low key cologne.  This is wild.   I'll have to try this again in a week to see how different I smell.

From the notes, this is not something I ever would have ordered, so thank you torikitty, for the chance to try it.  I actually really like this.  The strongest note I'm getting is the ice rimmed steel, which is a blend of ozone and the chrome note from Torture Queen.  Generally, snow notes aren't my thing, but this is different and works well.  No vanilla, coconut or mint, just cold, clean, and sharp. The red licorice and strawberries just add a hint of sweetness in the background.  I don't really pick up on the tobacco, but I think I'm getting a hint of the blood grounding things, and a smidge of red musk after it's been on a while.  It's very chilly and light on my skin and pretty much stays the same through dry down, but it doesn't last very long.  Within an hour, this snowman has melted away.  😕  

Edited by VetchVesper