Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Saddypants Lion Alchemy Lab

We simply didn’t have enough cumulative Leo energy to pull this one off.

Golden amber and sweet almond with tonka bean, peach juice, and honey musk.

In the decant, I can smell the honey musk, golden amber, peach juice, and almond notes.

On my skin, the golden amber and peach juice are the first notes to leap out to me, followed by the almond and honey musk, but the almond and honey musk quickly become stronger and make the scent somewhat powdery on me. The powdery honey musk ends up being the dominant note, followed by the almond, amber, and some peach juice. After several hours of wear, the golden amber, tonka bean, and honey musk are the notes that stand out to me. I still get some almond, but there's only a little peach juice by this point.

I was worried about this possibly being too sweet for me. It's not as sweet as Tamora, which I am pleasantly surprised about, but I am not a fan of how powdery it ended up being on me for a while. It's very nice after a few hours of wear, though. The golden amber and tonka bean are really lovely together. I think I'll hold on to my decant and test it again before it goes away. :)

Amber, peach musk, and a whiff of almond. This is a nice golden amber blend with peach, musk, and almond shot through it. If you like sweet amber blends, give this a try. Medium throw, average wear length.

Saddypants Lion smells really classic BPAL to me, maybe because some of the earliest GC scents I tried were amber heavy ones like Tamora and Bastet.  Fae's musky peach comes to mind too, but amber is really the star in Saddypants.  OK, amber and honey musk, which is a gorgeous note I know from only a couple blends:  Lady Una, The Bride.  I get almond at first, but that is never a long-lasting note on me.  The peach is also very discernible wet and settles down to let the sweet amber and honey musk do their thing.  I don't get much throw (which is normal with my skin chemistry) but do get decent wear length.  Lovely!

Wet: Honey musk, amber, and a hint of peach. (Reminds me a little of "O", plus peach.)

Dry: Peachy-honey musk, and amber. It's sweet, but nothing candy-like. While on the lighter side, it's quite pretty! (I wish I could smell almond, though.)

If O and Lady Una had a baby, it might smell like this. (Or maybe O and Aglaea?)

The honey musk is really beautiful in this! I'm only familiar with it from Lady Una, which is a long time favorite of mine. This also has a dry, golden amber note very prominent, with delicious juicy sweet peach. The peach is one of the strongest notes wet, but it backs off as it dries and it settles into amber + honey musk with soft peachy fruitiness. I never really get much almond, but that's fine.

The amber in this is lovely, golden and dry. It works well with a nice sweet honey musk, the same honey musk as in Lady Una. Those notes are cut nicely by a lovely fruity peach juice. I can't say I get any almond in this at all, but I don't mind.

Wow not many reviews here?!  Huh.

You guys are missing out on the perfect late summer scent, if'n ya don't have any of this.  Very leonic indeed. The almond actually sticks around on my skin? So, I'm getting golden warm sweet august sun with wafting almond and peach. Not too bad at all.

Its like nag champa for those that can't handle florals. 

Edited by SophieCedar

I don't know what it is about this particular blend, but it's literally a 'here and gone' for me. It's the same faint, distant scent it was when I acquired it as it is now, aged a year later. I get the barest wisps of honey musk and juicy peach on me for ten minutes, and then poof! Nothing but dusty illuminated pages.

If you're looking for a juicy peach, I would recommend 'Alleviate the Frenzy' would be my preferred blend over this.

Soft almond smoothly blended with golden amber and honey musk. A warming, glowing  scent. The honey is very light, so this blend is sweet but not too. I’m not picking up the tonka or peach at all.