Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tart

Manila

A tropical, humid, lush scent, with a faint echo of Pacific breezes, jungle blossoms, and deep wet woods. Sampaguita blossoms, banana leaf, palm, and narra.

Oh, something else entirely!

Imp: Banana, Sweet, almost artificial banana,

Wet: Banana, green leaves and pretty florals.

Dry: Dries down to somewhat soft spicy green leaves and tropical flowers. No more in-your-face banana. Nice to keep but no bottle wish.

Imp: banana runts

Wet: bananas, and floral

Dry: floral, no more bananas. I see why they call this humid, the floral is very warm, thick, and somehow sticky smelling. It has a nice spice to it as well.

I didn't recognize the banana at first. Weird, 'cause everyone else seems to get it really strong. On application Manila just smells like jackfruit, which to me just smells like every tropical fruit in a blender; pineapple, orange, guava... just really super sweet. The coconut comes out a little bit later and eventually the scent relaxes into a banana (finally lol) and coconut spice with some wood in there as well.

It's nice, but I'm not really into the super sweet and fruity blends.

In the Imp (ITI): Yep, that’s banana ester…not my favorite note in the world. There is a little floridness to the scent as well.

Wet: Close to overripe bananas with an astringent quality from perhaps the woody aspect of this note combination. There is a very tropical floral in there fighting to be acknowledged next to all that banana.

Dry: After 1o hours, I smell narra and palm and a subtle sweetness from either the banana or the blossoms. I like it dried much more than wet or in the imp.

In the bottle - Banana and some form of high pitched floral

Wet on me - Still a sweet banana but with a lot of leaves and something musky

Dry on me - A soft honey musk

Overall - The dry down is nice enough, but as a whole it doesn't grab me

Oh wow. Dayum. This is much better aged! (I pulled it out of my swap box - the imp is about 5 years old.)

Fresh on, its banananananana. Seriously. Then the woods appear, but they're not pleasant woods. The woods must have been stronger when it was fresh, because the woods back down and lend a grounded feel to it. (Up close, it smells like dirty pencil shavings). The blossoms give it a lush, thick feel. It reminds me of Xuit....al, but without the copal of doom. It sort of has a buttery feel that I like.

It's a little sweeter than I like in a blend, but it is staying with me. Buttery banana florals are pretty nice after all.

Wet: Sweet and fresh. Spiced banana.

Drydown: Banana leaf and damp wood lightened with ocean air. It smells like venturing deep into the rainforest. My left wrist decides to amp salt big time for about ten minutes. As it dries I’m getting two distinct smells; the banana + damp woods, which reminds me of banana bread; and a lush, leafy aquatic. They really don't go together. My nose is confused.

Dry: A damp, dark brown aquatic. Light and just a touch floral. Primarily dark, wet woods and ocean air.

There were some odd moments for sure, but ultimately it's not bad. An earthy & tropical aquatic.

4 out of 10 bones

Edited by BoneBone24

In the bottle: fresh, rainy, green. Fitting for a rainforest.

Wet: Green, wet, slightly spicy, slighty fruity. After a minute, the banana leaf and rainy notes comes out. It’s certainly a wet, almost foody, humid green. It’s quite pleasant. Very fresh.

Dry: It’s a nice spicy humid green. It’s fine, but I don’t think I love it enough for a bottle.

Someone said banana runts in the bottle, and they are exactly right! But almost as soon as it touches my skin, it becomes more tropical green and even a little bit spicy. Definitely a humid, jungle scent which really aren't my thing, but I got this as a frimp with lab purchase so I had to try it!

I have this desire to collect a full set of the Wanderlust scents (imps, that is) even the discontinued ones. So I have set about hunting them all down!

Wet: Banana candy, indeed! But more complex than that. It's tropical and rich. It doesn't actually smell artificial, like those neon yellow candies, but it also doesn't smell like fresh banana. More like dried banana chips, I think, and heady jungle blooms. I wasn't actually expecting to like this much, but I kind of do!

Dry: The banana fades and it become lush, heady jungle blooms and some greenery. I really like it, and if I ever get the chance I may try to hunt down a bottle!

In the imp: Overripe bananas, trees that smell somewhat evergreen-like (must be the narra), and florals.

Wet: Tree and banana. After a while, the florals emerge, but I am mainly getting the narra with some banana.

Dry: The narra is even stronger now, especially the bark aspect of it. I'm still getting the banana, but it's softened significantly.

Verdict: This was more pleasant than I thought it would be, but I'm glad that I don't need more of this since it's discontinued.