Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
torikitty

Blauer Mond 2018

Brian's interpretation.

A whisper under the moonlight: blue musk, and indigo amber, myrrh, moonlit oudh, oppoponax, terebinth, and tobacco leaf.

wet: sweet, piney candy
drydown: musk and amber start taking over, and the pine just about disappears. It's still sweet, though. Kinda reminds me of hanging out at Grandma's place when she has a real tree around Christmas.
dry: The oudh and tobacco start to come out. It smells a bit more ethereal. This begins to remind me of the floral body powder that she kept on the back of the toilet. I never knew the purpose for it growing up. But it smelled sweet, floral, slightly musky. This is reminding me of a grownup version of that. It is still sweeter than I was expecting, though.

At first this smells strongly like blueberries or blackcurrant and pine. There might be some sweetness coming from the oppoponax and myrrh. My skin sweetens those. There is amber here, certainly. Quickly, it goes a bit powdery, and I almost smell lavender somehow. It's not stinky like lavender sometimes is on me. It must be the combination of the tobacco and oudh which gives it a faintly medicinal tinge.

Especially in the early stages this reminds me of Odd Portents from the Weenies.

Edited by patina

Blue musk, amber and oudh. On wet, I got a hit of tobacco and pine, but then the musk, amber and oudh make their presence known. Sort of dreamy wintery blend. I would peg this as a slightly pine-y blue musk and amber blend mainly. Medium throw and wear length.

In the bottle: the resins are scenting a piney woods that have new tomato plants growing on the verge

Wet: some sweetness floats over the pine trees--it's probably from the lovely blue musk

The Dry-down: still very much the herbal (now a dried tomato leaf) pine forest with hints of the resins and some sweet blue musk like a night sky with dimmed stars

I rather like this for a gentle, sleepy-time scent.
Edited by thekittenkat

In the decant: The smoky terebinth pine note leaps out at me the most. It smells like musky pine and resins.

Wet: The pine is still a main player, but it isn't nearly as intense on my skin. I'm getting a lot more of the blue musk and resins, with the amber being the most prominent of them. It's mainly blue musk, terebinth, and amber on me at the moment.

Dry: This remains a musky pine, amber, and myrrh scent on me, with the amber note being even stronger than before. I'm also getting some of the tobacco now, which adds a gentle smokiness to the musk, pine, and resins.

After a while, the amber becomes the star of the show, and the pine note becomes a lot softer.

Verdict: This is a nice amber scent! Not something I need to hunt down more of, but I'm glad to have my decant.

I feel like this is either going to be a disaster on me (pine and oudh) or be pure magic (musk, amber, tobacco)

Wet: A moment of disasterous cat-pee-pine before the amber swoops in and saves things. YESSS. Now it is sweet, realistic pine (no poopy oudh yet) with just a touch of tobacco. Totally wearable, so far. Doesn't WOW me, but quite pleasant.

Dry: This dries to a LOVELY amber and woods scent. Seriously, it's lovely. I adore amber. Amber with just a touch of forest makes me even happier. Winner!

Uff da, this is gorgeous. Blauer Mond 2018 was nice when first uncapped, but then I set it aside for a few months to settle—and now it's stunning. Blue musk and amber are front and center, but the myrrh, opoponax, terebinth, and tobacco make this resiny, incensey, and beautifully muddy in the best way. The oudh is very light on me; I'm not even sure I would guess it was in here if it wasn't listed. Like pine/tobacco incense dipped in Titian blue on the drydown. Love this and only wish I'd been prescient enough to pick up a backup bottle.

Even though I have 2 big sorting boxes of scents, this is one of my faves. Just gorgeous.Some resin, but lots of sweet florals also without being cloying.