Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

White rose, orris root, and ambergris accord.

There are very few roses that dont go sour rose potpourri on my skin, but it doesnt stop me from trying, because for whatever reason a good rose scent just smells S-E-X to me. And being that I am a passionate fan of the labs ambergris note (yes I went through an entire bottle of the SN in six weeks) this one seemed worth the risk.

Yes indeed this is teh bomb. Giant damp rose petals sweetened with Orris and dirtied with ambergris. Very similar rose to Roses Pearls Diamonds, but with the salty naughty ambergris instead of coconut.

Did. It.

This is a half-opened rose dusted with saltwater. For once, it's a rose that I don't amp to death. The downside is that my skin eats it very quickly... but while it lasts, it's lovely!

Sidenote: I instantly wanted to compare it to The Waltz (which also has white rose and ambergris), but these aren't as close cousins as I thought. The vanilla amber and musk in The Waltz round it out and makes it a lot fuller and... not more feminine, but girlier. I have a hard time picking out individual notes in The Waltz. Trois is simply a dressed-down rose single note that the ambergris roughs up a little.

All of these are notes of win. This bottle did not disappoint. White rose with ambergis. Simply elegant and gorgeous on me. :evol:

Edited by Dark Alice

a very pretty rose scent. I was expecting something regal and old-fashioned, but this is actually bright and youthful in feel. the orris adds elegance but in a subtle way; this scent doesn't have that classic powdery feel that some orris-heavy perfumes have.

like the reviewer above, i also wore this against the Waltz to compare the two, but I found this one to be the younger sister. the waltz was richer, deeper, more shadowed. this was brighter and carefree. sadly like youth, this blend was too too fleeting on me. while I'm confidant that aging will improve throw and longevity, my ability to give a more detailed review is hindered. but i do like this as is very much!

White rose is my fave rose. And I adore ambergris. But orris ruins basically everything for me, so this is likely not to work. Still! Gotta try it.

Wet: Ack it's so pretty! The white rose is gorgeous and the ambergris is musky and wonderful with it. So far, orris is very subdued.

Dry: Well, the orris didn't ruin it! It's quite nice. Not stunning on me, sadly, just pleasant. I think I have other rose scents I like more, but still glad I tried this. Just proves nothing is ever truly a death note.

I like orris, but I don't smell any of its sweet, powdery tones in this. Trois is all about rose and ambergris. Bpal's ambergris always smells a bit like hints of clean, salty aquatic mixed into a golden, slightly spicy amber to me. I'm picking up on the ambergris and a dewy, but slightly sharp, musky, and perfumey rose. My favorite roses tend to be very creamy and sweet, and I don't know if this one is quite sweet enough for me. Still, very pretty.

i get a cool, dewy white rose and saltiness from the ambergris. after a minute or two i get a rooty hint of orris. the salt + rose is turning slightly sour on me, and i think white rose has a tendency to do that at times anyway. i love all these notes, but i'm not sure this scent is for me.

Three of my favorite notes in one glorious place? Yes, please, and THANK YOU. Well, two (white rose & ambergris) and one that I usually like and often accompanies one or the other.

It is, indeed, the bomb, if these things are things you also like. The heart is ambergris, salty and damp, but also warm and sexy, followed by a rich breath of dusty orris, then crowned with a very cool, but slightly over-blown white rose. It's not exactly an aggressive perfume, but it's a surprisingly big scent with a pretty solid throw. Less femme fatale and more ...idk, that gently overwhelming boss in a very sleek gray wool suit who wears pearls and is rumored to have a lot of very interesting kinks, but no one can prove a damn thing. Everyone wants to know, but no one ever wants to ask.

It's not especially complex (outside of the complexity inherent in ambergris), but it is beautiful and I love it. If I were to give it a color it would be something like the inside of an oyster -- lightly shimmery pearly white to gray, perhaps with a hint of iridescence.

If your skin is prone to going sour or sharp with roses and you don't like it, I'd probably skip this one. The particular combination does bring out that aspect.

Throw & wear are both slightly above average on me, but the drydown is pure ambergris SN, as is almost always the case on my skin. If there's ambergris in it, that's all that remains after a few hours.

Overall yeeeeeeeeessss I'll take five. :D

Oh YES! :wub2: The backs of both of my hands are smelling deliciously of ambergris and rose (the latter a rare occurrence for me.)

Orris anchors and lends its subtle dusty depth. My decant will become a bottle! Here is the blend that allows rose to love me back

just like I like it. :joy:

:bow: Thank you for making this!

Fun smelling and kind of beachy. The ambergris in this is strong but it's a very beachy smelling ambergris. Definitely aquatic and a touch salty, sweet, almost tropical in feel. Not at all funky the way ambergris can be sometimes. The rose in this is very clean smelling. Different from your typical red rose smell, this is still sweet-and-sour but a lot paler, cleaner, perhaps a touch soapy. The rose isn't strong on initial application but gets stronger with wear time. The orris in this is mostly a complimentary smell, not really strong. It works with the rose to add a pale powdery tinge to it, but never overpowers it. Medium throw and long wear length.