Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Mushroom musk, oakmoss, and rooibos leaf.

Smells like a musk version of the lab's drier earth note. If you like the way they do dirt - I know some people go crazy for it - you really should get this one.

I was on the fence about blind bottling this one but ended up throwing it in my cart. I am so glad I did and it's worth a backup bottle or two

In the Bottle:

A sweet musk

On the Skin:

Sweet musk with the woodsy honey notes of rooibos

On the Drydown:

As this dries it reminds me a lot of Buck Moon and Faun with the note reminiscent of honey musk and touch of gentle earthiness. It has good staying power and great throw but isn't obnoxious. As it dries further the oakmoss definitely features more prominently. It's not a dirty scent but the oakmoss adds a certain organic earthiness

Stunning sweet earthiness with the barest hint of fresh crisp woods. On me it almost is mimicking the way fallen tree branches smell right after it's rained during a full sunny day.

Smells like earth-musk, if that was a real thing. It doesn't smell like straight up "dirt" to me but it does have an earth quality to it.

I think calling it Mushroom Musk was apt.

I like it, it makes me smell like I just came in from the outdoors

In the imp: Sweet earthy musk, almost cologne-like

Wet: The cologne aspect morphs into a lovely woodiness. This is gloriously woodsy and earthy, very organic without smelling like decay.

Dry: The oakmoss is coming out more and tempering the sweetness a bit, but not too much. This is bright and fresh and I feel like a nature sprite.

I adore this. Great throw, and oakmoss always lasts forever on me. If you like earthy scents that are more leaf/dirt than tree, you need this.

In the bottle: Sweet musk and what seems to be the oakmoss

Wet, on the skin: Rooibos! I definitely get that red tea note! There's a beautiful background of earthy musk. This is sweet, but not cloying. Leafy, but not bitter. Earth, but light.

Dry, on the skin: Much the same, but the oakmoss comes out. This is light, sweet, and a very "natural" smell, but it smells expensive to me after it wears on my skin a bit, like a high end perfume with earthier notes that I can't quite place. This dirt is a different kind of dirt than any other BPAL I've tried; it's not as heavy, not as deep. A gorgeous lighter take on leaf and earth! I love it!

i believe i get the mushroom musk with some hints of rooibos leaf. the oakmoss is supporting in the background. this smells leafy/earthy and a bit cologne-y as others have mentioned. this evokes beams of light shooting through the tall redwoods of a forest. not heavy or dark, it's lighter yet still shaded. it's mildly aquatic, which is the cologne aspect. i get something more woody after being on the skin about 10 minutes, and the familiar mushroom note is coming through more. after being on my skin 30+ minutes, i reach the point where i enjoy it the most. the green/watery aspect has calmed down and it's more of a tea scent. pretty, but i'm just not sure how often i would wear it.

Edited by theseagrows

In bottle:  Oakmoss dominant, with a strong, chalky musk in support. Wet: Sweeter and softer on the skin, and very well balanced  Dry:  Oakmoss and a touch of rooibos.

Two out of the three notes here are unfamiliar to me.  Kinoko in the imp struck me as a familiar smell -- a cosmetic product I've used, something like that, but I couldn't nail it down.  On my skin, it is perfumey, as the earth note tends to be, a little airier than straight soil, with lots of oakmoss and a warm reddish note that must be the rooibos.  A pretty, possibly more feminine variation on the dirt note, though I think this could be worn by anyone on the gender spectrum.  

Ooooh, very pretty! AH! I remember what this kinda reminds me of devil's nightcap from lush! They discontinued that soap here for a long time, so this is a nice little reminder of it, hah! 

This is sliiightly ever stronger with it's rooibos though, it's gives this nice spicyness to it, a wet warmth. In a good way!