Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tarotgirl99

Fortuna Liberum

The Fortunes of Children

A hymn to the safety and freedom of children that they may prosper in health and wild joy: sweet vanilla tousled with orange blossom, blood orange peel, and a squirt of strawberry juice.

As much as I love Fortuna Huiusce Diei, that is how much I dislike Fortuna Liberum until about eight hours into the scent process.
On the plus side, it lasts for hours and hours and hours. Sillage is more powerful than average, especially in the first hour or two.
On the down side, on my skin it's Sour Aspergum for the first few hours, then it turns into Sour Milk. And because it has such strong throw, it made me kinda sick.

However, I was also feeling kinda listless so I didn't wash it off. I went to sleep and when I got up four hours later, the scent had mellowed into a more gentle, not particularly luscious orange creamsicle. Very tolerable. It was still going strong, throw-wise.

And 15 hours later, I can still smell it. It's not that faint, either.

This is really lovely, and pale to me. I can definitely smell the orange peel, a bit of strawberry, and the orange blossom. Dry, this is non-foody and non-floral vanilla with the only orange blossom I can ever recall working on me. It's lovely, but I'm kind of sad not to be getting the other notes on dry-down. Still, might have to get a bottle!

Note: this seems a lovely scent for a young girl!

oh, this is yummy. Strawberry Kool-Aid powder in the bottle. Goes on as baby aspirin, but that very quickly matures into a gorgeous blood orange/vanilla blend. It's a wee bit powdery, but very little. Mostly it's the most sophisticated creamsicle you've ever smelled. Might be worth a bottle depending on how long it lasts.

Vanilla, orange, and a dab of strawberry. This one is sweet, pretty, and very uplifting. Also appropriate for a young girl. Medium throw and wear length.

Creamsicles with a bit of strawberry. I could see it being good for a child, and it is a happy scent. I like the creamsicle part (vanilla and orange) but the strawberry makes me not want to skin test this, because I don't like strawberry scents. (And thanks to ZZ for sending on some empties so I can try these scents out!)

Wet: Know what an orange creamsicle smells like? Add some orange blossom to that. It's a floral creamsicle. I dig it.

Dry: Very similar to the wet stage, only lighter. The strawberry never came through at all for me. This is a sophisticated creamsicle... quite pretty!

Edited by donkehpoo

I bought a bottle when first released and it was a very dry honey dominant blend.

It has aged into a lovely, creamy orange and strawberry blend. I don't necessarily get Creamsicle from it, the honey is still fairly dry and keeps it from going that foodie on me.

I've been after this for a while, finally got a decant in a little 1 ml bottle. (the kind with the twist cap)  So it's been an aged a year with some air around it.

Wet in the bottle: fresh natural Orange Blossom and a Vanilla so true it could be a dessert. The orange blossom reminds me of Henri Bendel's scent from years ago, very true to the fresh blossoms on the tree. Under that I think I detect incense. (what?)

Upon Application: Creamsicle is there but not cloying.  Exactly what I loved about Jiggery Pokery, but not as sweet.

Dry Down: The Orange Blossom is outta there...a very fast morphing...it's going into its last phase,  However I'm getting powdery incense instead of strawberry or honey.  Unfortunately for me it did the "incense" thing, So I'm not fond of the dry down.

This scent is simultaneously exactly what I expected and not at all what I expected. In the bottle it smells weirdly like a chocolate orange without the chocolate, plus something floral. As soon as this hits my wrist that vanilla gets SWEET. I can make out a hint of the strawberry, and that and the blood orange peel give it a little bit of tartness. This dries down to an orange-creamsicle-but-better scent. I wasn't expecting the vanilla to amp so much, but I'm not displeased. This is a bright, soft, and happy scent for me.