Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Deceitfuldescender

Little Photojournalist

Lilith Barrial, budding photojournalist, at the Cathedral-Basilica of St. Louis, King of France, New Orleans, LA. She’s been snapping photos since she was a toddler; we have whole photo albums of blurry photos of shoes and pavers from those days. She loves taking her powder pink instax on trips, and loves to document playdates with her friends.

Cathedral incense and rock candy.

Just as listed. This is the incense of midnight mass, sweetened with unflavored rock candy (reads as just sugar). This incense does not seem to work on me though (unlike the incense in mystical aphorisms). This is very simple and uncomplicated, a definitr try for incense lovers, especially if you like cathedral incense particularly.

Light winey grape incense with a dusting of sugar. This one is soft, sweet, and on the drydown does the incense come through. Medium throw and wear length.

In the wet stage, this is very sugary - somehow it reminded me of fruit hard candies.

On drydown, it's mostly incense. It's a sweet, not too smoky, incense note with an overtone of something fruity - the lingering candy note, although the sugariness has faded somewhat by now.

Wet: The rock candy is definitely GRAPE. It's fighting the incense for dominance on my skin. It's a surprisingly rich combination. Grape anything is usually pretty artificial and gross on me, but this smells deep and rich and interesting. I don't really know what cathedral incense smells like. Typically I like incense much more in theory than in actuality. But I can't stop huffing this, it's really interesting. It smells woody and smoky at the same time. Having a hard time describing it.

Dry: I am not sure how I feel about this! The rock candy part of it is dominant on me, and super realistic - sticky and sweet. It smells like childhood and fun and sticky faces. The incense just seems to give it a great richness and depth. Super pleasant is the description that keeps coming to mind every time I stuff my nose into the crook of my elbow for a sniff. I am not sure I would wear it as a perfume, but I certainly enjoy the scent of it. I may test it again later, see if even a week or two of aging does anything. I find incense scents better with age. Gosh, I just keep sniffing this, I really do find it compelling...I may need it in my life.

Got a decant of this! Sounds pretty good! :)

In the decant, i sniff a light incense and yes... I get the wine-y, grape-like scent.

On skin, the incense comes out immediately... and very front and center. I get the sweet, candy-ish scent behind it, but to me, I don't get sugar...or even grape really. There is something sweet, but it is a very background scent to my nose. I personally tend to amp incense blends.

Overall... it has a good throw to me. The incense is there and tame, so not too crazy as some can be for me. You might like this if you want an incense blend that isn't too in-your-face and you don't want anything sweet. It is a great blend...well balanced to me.

i definitely got the SUUUUPER sweet grape in the bottle and initially on the skin - to the point that i was slightly worried, but like everyone else, the incense comes out in front very quickly. it has a tiny bit of "old lady" stage on me, but it dries down to a very nice, slightly sweet incense blend. i dig.

I'm not sure what's going on here, whether I received a mislabeled bottle or my skin chemistry is skewing it OR my nose is just borked, but Little Photojournalist smells like an herbal, sugared tea until about an hour into wear. Then it becomes a slightly incensed fragrance, more perfume-y smelling than anything. I was really wanting a sweet, fruity incense blend. Still, this is lovely.

Huh! I picked this up because of my love of Devil's Night, which to me is cotton candy and woodsmoke. I figured this would be similar, but it's only barely in the same family. There's definitely something boozy about it, and I almost smell rose? Not BPAL's normal rose but an electric pink, candied, mainstream-perfume rose. It's like boozy rose bubblegum, with an undercurrent of smoke. It's definitely perfumey, and I find this quite wearable. I think I'll be surprising myself with how much I wear it.

Source - Ajevie decant

Preconception - Assuming it will be as smells, assuming I won't like it cause incense is usually a dry thing, but trying it out for funsies.

Imp: Sweet Incense.

Skin: At first a sweet grape-like wine-like sugary incense. Then all the sudden ... Rose? Bitch - you rose. Rose wtf you doing in my perfume. You best sit back down I didn't get candy incense to get engulfed by you.

Drydown: "Rose" or whoever TF she is comes and goes. And it's this rotating door of sweet wine then rose. If the door went faster and they blurred together I could dig this scent.

But based on the amount of ampage this mystery floral is doing, I'm going to just call her Rose and walk away.

Verdict; Rose is laughing her ass off at me while drinking wine. Dat ho. :evil:

Oh - but if you aren't currently pissed at rose for not behaving EVER, this is a very lovely sweet wine-rose scent.

Edited by Aveya

Little Photojournalist starts off with a blast of grape rock candy backed by cathedral incense, but it's not long before the rock candy gives way to the resins, so that it ends up being a straight-up resin scent.

I'm glad I got a chance to try this one, but I know I wouldn't reach for this one over something like Mummies of Mexico City.

Definitely goes on as a grapeish purple rock candy. And thats super fun. But when the resins begin to appear, it reminds me of nag champa a bit. Its a actually a good and original scent, But I do not see myself reaching for this. I think I prefer other incense blends for the niche this hits in my perfume wardrobe. I will say its super work safe and not at all headshop. Its light and airy.