Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Wench457

Vanilla Orchid

Being that Black Butterfly Moon and Great Vampire Bat are two of my favorites, I had to snag a bottle of Vanilla Orchid SN when a forumite posted it for sale. Since it is a SN I didn't expect any actual vanilla notes, just orchid. It is perfect! Orchid always feels comfy, yet sexy to me. Kind of like wearing a delicious cashmere sweater. The scent is beautifully round, slightly lush yet light. It changes very little from wet to dry, but does fade much quicker than I would prefer. I will have to reapply or put much more on in the morning. 

Overall, a beautiful deep floral SN that is not at all overpowering. I can't wait to try layering with this beauty!

Wet: Amber-like. Definitely orchids and a touch of floral vanilla.

On: as above. Strong. Verging on soap area (florals) and hopefully it doesn't go there...

Dry down: the same. Strong. Slightly soapy, okay wear.

To be fair most florals go soapy on me. Worth trying though.

Edited by follis
Unwanted weird smiley face!

Vanilla Orchid SN smells like an orchid. It's just the flower here... don't expect any floral vanilla like NAVA's Kobalt from this one. It's a slightly soapy, slightly sweet white floral on me.

It was nice to get to try it, but it's not a keeper for me.

I love all sugared or vanilla'd florals. Now, this isn't heavy on vanilla. I looked it up and it's the orchid which GROWS the vanilla pod. Still, it's definitely got a creamy white aspect in addition to the floral orchid. I would love to smell this plant in real life to see what it's like. This is like orchid ice cream.

As other reviewers have said, don't expect vanilla in this scent -- this is a soft, sophisticated floral scent. In the bottle, it's a creamy floral with a little stemmy greenness to it. It does go through a troubling sour phase it dries down, which (luckily) settles after drydown. It's a light, spring-friendly floral, but without the loudness or screechiness you can sometimes get from floral + green scents. Glad I was able to snag a secondhand bottle of this.