Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
roseus

Hag Grey Hair Gloss

Ambergris accord and bleached woods with white tobacco.

The ambergris is definitely front and center in this one. So if that is a love note for you, grab this.Now. This is beautifully sweet, musky, and warm. It's that nice almost salty skin scent. I do not get much of the bleached woods, and just a hint of warm tobacco. It's a dry scent, but not dusty. It is absolutely gorgeous and it has some nice throw and wear length. This is the most beautiful smelling hag imaginable.

Hag Grey is beautiful and could be SO popular. It smells fresh, a little sweet, and slightly creamy...reminding me of the grey hair trend on young people. It reminds me of a scent by the Thymes that I smelled in Florida years ago but has since been discontinued. It has that boutique feel to it...expensive and unoffensive.

IBT has been my fave hair gloss for ages but I'll be damned if Hag Grey did not just put her saucy little arse right up against the Tyrant. This is NICE.

I'm probably going to have to cough up the dough for another bottle of this.

The ambergris is definitely the star. Sweet and rich with that odd sparkly-salty thing it does.

(Hard to describe the "salt" aspect... it's that beautiful twinge of fresh sea air minus dank/fishy smell, of course.)

The tobacco is indeed "white" and seems a much lighter variety than say, French Tobacco. It serves to deepen the scent and make it a bit more cuddly.

As time passes the bleached woods get stronger and overtake the ambergris in prominence, but I like it.

It kind of smells like pale woods with a layer of ozone on top. Ozone can get obnoxious, but since the two other notes are so sweet it prevents it from becoming harsh.

I feel like this is some badass hag with beautiful silver hair and she like, rides on a giant eagle over the craggy shores of her beach and kills bad spirits that try to sneak in.

It's sweet with a bit of sharpness so you know not to mess with her. Beautiful!

I have recently fallen in love with ambergris (The Mirror and A Specific Aberration both rock my world) and have been longing for an ambergris HG to pair with them! Hoping this will be it...

Sprayed on the sleeve of my sweater (already have HG in my hair) this is lovely. But I'm getting mostly woods (sweet, dry, similar to sandalwood, but not quite?) and sweet white tobacco. So so lovely. But the ambergris isn't really detectible. This is a light scent, The tobacco has that spicy-sweet quality, similar to what I found in Bulgarian Tobacco, but not as sweet or chewy. There's almost a hint of....citrus...? to it? Or something? This is pretty, and interesting, and entirely work appropriate, and I will enjoy wearing it. But it's not the in-your-face-ambergris HG I had hoped it might be.

I was hoping for more ambergris. I'm not sure I smell any.

What I do get is a generic cologne scent that annoys my nose.

I am sad.

This one is musky, ghostly, and white. I get ambergris, a touch of tobacco. This one smells otherworldy and I kinda loved it.

mostly ambergris with tobacco. reminds me of Eyes made strong and grave with sleep minus the cacao and with a touch less sweetness. very beautiful and lovely and given my love of both bpal's tobacco and ambergis: extremely useful and wearable for me.

Interestingly, this smells different depending on if you spray it directly on dry hair or spray it on wet hair then blow it dry.

On dry hair, it's sweeter and I get alternating whiffs of sweet tobacco and ambergris.

On wet hair that's then blown dry, I smell ambergris, a hint of wood, and much less tobacco. The scent melds better this way and I vastly prefer it (which is good, because this is normally how I handle my gloss application).

I think I'm glad I snagged a bottle right before the Weenies came down.

I'm so glad I got a bottle of this, although I'm starting to regret not getting more than one. Of all the glosses I've tried so far this is one of the best when it comes to throw and staying power. That said, it's not at all overpowering; the ambergris does that lovely salty-sea thing and the tobacco is incredibly perfumey and doesn't resemble pipe tobacco at all. I used to not get why people love tobacco scents so much, but this sold me on them. The sandalwood isn't super-prominent but shows up a little in the background and helps blend the other two notes together. This is so pretty and very versatile. I'll be using it lots.

oh this is very pretty and soft. a soft ambergris-tobacco, it's slightly salty and slightly creamy. the woods come out later during the drydown, and the tobacco becomes a bit more pronounced. still this is a pretty and understated scent.

I received this one recently from someone selling it and used it twice now. I really love this one!

I'm generally not much of a tobacco person, but I think the white tobacco might be a bit softer than the regular tobacco note. It just adds smokiness to the ambergris and woods. It's a really lovely scent, soft and comforting -- mostly woods and musk to me, with some sweetness, and a whisper of spice. I agree it's very understated, but it's beautiful, and it has good longevity.

It also makes my hair feel like silk, which is much needed this winter~.

Edited by artoria

Testing on wrist because my hair is not long enough to sniff.

Starts with a blast of sweetness, settles into a bit more spicy, but still sweet overall. Like others noted, white tobacco note is mild and not ashtray-like at all. The drydown is back to sweet ambergris.

It lasted long on the wrist but I can't make any judgement about hair - I'm picky about hair scents and I won't be going for this one. (Personal preference - it's a nice scent.)

Zorya P, is that you?

This smells like Zorya P without the vanilla. The white tobacco and ambergris stand out to me, and the white tobacco is that perfume-y variety from scents like Fake News, Zorya P, and Pediophobia from the 2016 Yules. I can smell the bleached woods more when I hold my hair up to my nose, but this is one I just happen to get whiffs of throughout the day without having to do that!

This is a stunning, sophisticated hair gloss, and I am so glad that I got a chance to try it. I'm going to have to try to track down more. Thanks to the lovely BPALista that frimped me a sample to try. :wub2:

Edited by doomsday_disco